South East Scoobies

South East Scoobies (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/index.php)
-   Projects (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   The Bug... (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/showthread.php?t=20010)

scooby doo 10-09-2018 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdlangy1 (Post 246279)
errrrrrrr......

Brands - Monty Burns Mansion

Lydden - Cletus's Farm Shack

:ok:

Hahahahah

Rdlangy1 28-10-2018 06:19 AM

Well this has all stalled really - through no fault of my own.

Process West FMIC was ordered via RCM back in late August - originally on a 2-3 week lead time. So car was booked in with RM Performance for early October to have everything fitted and Dyno day at Thwaites Development to have the Simtek installed and the new parts remapped in.

2-3wks came and went and the message from RCM was that it had been delayed and would be another 2-3 weeks max.

These came and went as well and so I had to cancel my RM Performance slot and also the booking with Thwaites.

Then the update coming from RCM was it would be here end Oct (so another 2wks) so giving an extra week to be sure - I rebooked RM Performance and Thwaites Dyno time for 3rd November.

You probably know where this is going...................the two weeks and then extra third week are upon us and RCM now state it won’t be with me until MID-DECEMBER!!!!!!!

Now this is not anyone’s fault - the supplier I purchased from has always kept me updated when I have asked, and RCM by all accounts have had a delay due to Process West having manufacturing issues and delays etc and then the goods being put on sea container rather than air freight and then replacement items not be available to re-ship via air freight blaaa blaaaa blaaaa...

However - this is actually the second time I personally have had issues with RCM supplying parts in a row... the first being 4 months ago when some parts I ordered for a colleague took 1.5 months to arrive when they were originally quoted as being in stock! And these weren’t coming from abroad (Process West are in Aus). Apparently it took 1.5 months to powder coat an induction trumpet!!

Anyway - like I said - this is an update on my project (albeit a frustrating one) and doesn’t intend to foul mouth RCM or any suppliers........ it’s just me having a rant :lol:

So hopefully after Christmas the car will be booked in and have all the parts fitted and mapped in...

Ryan :ok:

Bolesroor 28-10-2018 07:24 AM

Crikey Ryan and I thought my wait for a paint stick from them was almost life changing ;-)

Hope it's sorted soon :ok:

Frenchie 28-10-2018 07:28 AM

Must be very frustrating Ryan, I always hated waiting for new BITS even if it was only a day or two. On the good side, my car continues to amaze. Cracking job you did.

Rdlangy1 28-10-2018 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frenchie (Post 246945)
On the good side, my car continues to amaze. Cracking job you did.

Glad to hear Terry :ok:

scooby doo 28-10-2018 11:38 AM

That sucks pal ,
Is there any other Fmic you can use that's good quality?

scotty 28-10-2018 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scooby doo (Post 246954)
That sucks pal ,
Is there any other Fmic you can use that's good quality?

Yes there is HDI GT2 which you can get direct from the manufacture or I'm sure TDR is the only supplier in the UK:ok:

Rdlangy1 31-10-2018 07:41 PM

The Bug...

Bit of positive news - some parts I ordered from America arrived this morning for another performance project...

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...4cf77e5713.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...6c8681b8ed.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...fd5c886068.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...946f21b01e.jpg

Granby 31-10-2018 07:58 PM

And you ordered a STi pink handbag for yourself as well :-D

Rdlangy1 31-10-2018 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Granby (Post 246985)
And you ordered a STi pink handbag for yourself as well :-D

:lol: :lol:

scooby doo 31-10-2018 11:08 PM

Sweet, is this an intake or brake duck for both sides ?

Scott.T 31-10-2018 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scooby doo (Post 246991)

This is a brake duck

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....LL._SX466_.jpg

Rdlangy1 01-11-2018 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott.T (Post 246992)

That's brilliant :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rdlangy1 01-11-2018 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scooby doo (Post 246991)

Yep brake ducting going to be going on after Xmas :ok:

Taken me a while to find replica fog covers for the prodrive bumper - genuine ones are rare as rocking horse sh*t...

Managed to pick these up online from Trumpland at less than £100 including shipping. Very thick material, so should be good to go with a little bit of fettling.

Got myself some fibreglass kits, and going to try and adapt these covers to take the inlet ducts flush (hard on a curved fog cover) and then will get them sprayed up.

Then for track days I can just swap the fog covers over, attach the hose to the back of the fog cover inlet duct, and away we go. When track over, remove hose, and refit original fog covers...

simples......."squeak"

scooby doo 01-11-2018 09:02 AM

Lol blame my apple product for that...
so il ask again intake or brake ducts?

Rdlangy1 01-11-2018 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scooby doo (Post 246995)
Lol blame my apple product for that...

so il ask again intake or brake ducts?

See above :ok:

Bolesroor 01-11-2018 03:35 PM

Ryan........

simples......."squeak"

Should it be simples......." Quack" ? :-D

scooby doo 01-11-2018 04:07 PM

Cool cool like your idea.

Rdlangy1 01-11-2018 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolesroor (Post 246998)
Ryan........

simples......."squeak"

Should it be simples......." Quack" ? :-D

:lol:lol:lol:

Rdlangy1 19-12-2018 12:59 PM

Well STIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIL awaiting my FMIC.... Highly unlikely to be here before Xmas now...

So I sulked............and purchased some new fluids for the beasty so I can do a full fluids swap out in January / February......... she has been sitting for 3 months after all... :lol: :lol:

Rdlangy1 15-01-2019 02:35 PM

and finally........................................
My Process West FMIC should be with me tomorrow!
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

SpecB 15-01-2019 02:56 PM

Is that the angled one with the slant mount radiator - if so I always liked the look of those!

Rdlangy1 15-01-2019 02:57 PM

Noooo couldn’t stretch that far! Haha

scooby doo 15-01-2019 04:46 PM

Be cool, Will this get things moving again?

Rdlangy1 15-01-2019 07:26 PM

It should do - I have all the parts when it arrives - just need the funds as what I did have set aside got spent on Xmas and wedding items!

My biggest decision is whether to leave the car as it is for Germany and the track days this year and then add the bits for next year - or whether to get all the bits fitted etc but face the prospect of not being able to afford Germany or as many track days...

scotty 15-01-2019 10:29 PM

Get all the bits fitted this year have it ready to go for next year's trip that's what I would do .

Rdlangy1 16-01-2019 11:18 AM

And after nearly 4 long months.................

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...58de9175ec.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...7bb8e47f89.jpg

IBenjieI 16-01-2019 11:28 AM

This build keeps getting better Ryan! Honest question, does a FMIC make a big difference over a TMIC?

I've always loved the front mounted look.

Neil97rs 16-01-2019 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IBenjieI (Post 247651)
This build keeps getting better Ryan! Honest question, does a FMIC make a big difference over a TMIC?

I've always loved the front mounted look.

That’s something I would like to know is it worth it on a standard turbo ? I keep thinking about fitting one before I get my map check

Rdlangy1 16-01-2019 11:30 AM

The Bug...

I’m lead to believe it doesn’t unless your running high power.......................or planning too going forward :ok:

standard STi top mounts do a decent job into late 300’s early 400’s so I’m told...

I’m running 375 on standard STi top mount with no issues currently..

Sure someone can clarify...

IBenjieI 16-01-2019 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdlangy1 (Post 247653)
I’m lead to believe it doesn’t unless your running high power.......................or planning too going forward :ok:

standard STi top mounts do a decent job into late 300’s early 400’s so I’m told...

I’m running 375 on standard STi top mount with no issues currently..

Sure someone can clarify...

To be honest, no-ones going to notice the FMIC when you're smashing them with 375! :lol: Will look a lot meaner though, can't wait to see the result!

Rdlangy1 16-01-2019 11:45 AM

The Bug...

375bhp isn’t big power for scoobs and I definitely won’t be smashing anyone on the track :lol:

All of the guys that know the ring well (Ginola, Big E, Steve_PPP and others!) have a wide range of power between them and abilities and are very very quick!

People like Rob (NL03Scooby) is very quick at Lydden and Brands and has around 320bhp - power doesn’t necessarily make you a better driver :ok:

What’s important is you learn YOUR car, learn what it can and can’t do, and more importantly - how far your willing to clench your a** cheeks to get to the limit of your ability and car.

Thankfully - my ability is low, and I’m aware it’s low, so I go quick enough to enjoy it :ok:

Doesn’t mean I don’t always want more power, more ability, and more experience though :ok: :ok:

IBenjieI 16-01-2019 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdlangy1 (Post 247655)
375bhp isn’t big power for scoobs and I definitely won’t be smashing anyone on the track :lol:

All of the guys that know the ring well (Ginola, Big E, Steve_PPP and others!) have a wide range of power between them and abilities and are very very quick!

People like Rob (NL03Scooby) is very quick at Lydden and Brands and has around 320bhp - power doesn’t necessarily make you a better driver :ok:

What’s important is you learn YOUR car, learn what it can and can’t do, and more importantly - how far your willing to clench your a** cheeks to get to the limit of your ability and car.

Thankfully - my ability is low, and I’m aware it’s low, so I go quick enough to enjoy it :ok:

Doesn’t mean I don’t always want more power, more ability, and more experience though :ok: :ok:

I see your point, I'm still pushing the limits with the Wagon to see what it/me can handle!

375 not big power...? Jesus. :lol: I'm scared of my 262 sometimes haha

Rdlangy1 16-01-2019 12:03 PM

Ginola is well into the mid 450’s (I think!), and I know CJ was running something in the 600’s (a few year ago!).

Lots of people on here run in the 400’s...

Classics with 400+ are quick as they are lighter than newages...

My mechanic has a 500+ classic and that runs very nicely at lydden - combined with his knowledge of the track...

As I say - it’s about you having fun with what you have and finding your ability limit safely :ok:

IBenjieI 16-01-2019 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdlangy1 (Post 247657)
Ginola is well into the mid 450’s (I think!), and I know CJ was running something in the 600’s (a few year ago!).

Lots of people on here run in the 400’s...

Classics with 400+ are quick as they are lighter than newages...

My mechanic has a 500+ classic and that runs very nicely at lydden - combined with his knowledge of the track...

As I say - it’s about you having fun with what you have and finding your ability limit safely :ok:

Rdlangy1 16-01-2019 12:07 PM

The Bug...

Yours will feel a completely different animal with the free flow exhaust, and the remap by Duncan :ok:

Exciting times!

IBenjieI 16-01-2019 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdlangy1 (Post 247659)
Yours will feel a completely different animal with the free flow exhaust, and the remap by Duncan :ok:

Exciting times!

I know! Once that's done I'll get myself a new set of wheels. Can't wait for the first meet this year tbh... :ok:

Good luck with the front mount install, can't wait to see the results.

Rdlangy1 16-01-2019 12:10 PM

Cheers buddy

NL03Scooby 16-01-2019 03:16 PM

The important thing to remember with a front mount is not the power benefits but the reliability benefits, especially where Imprezas are involved. Bare in mind that although a top mount intercooler works and fits the flat 4 engine nicely, getting air in that scoop and cooling the intake air has always been something Subaru has continually tried to develop and with good reason.

I think I was once told that at over 70/80 mph the scoops on the classics up to the hawk eye's are struggling to funnel a good feed of air through the intercooler (have you noticed how big and re-designed the scoobs turned out on the hatch's and newer...!). A few big pulls on the autobahn at high speed in higher gears and Scotty can tell you the rest...

Rdlangy1 16-01-2019 03:23 PM

Sound words lad :ok: