South East Scoobies

South East Scoobies (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/index.php)
-   The Ring Zone (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   NURBURGRING 2010 (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/showthread.php?t=1697)

Scott.T 24-06-2009 09:24 PM

Re: NURBURGRING 2010

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crowman

Scotts look the dogs and he had no problems on the ring.

Yeh but I used the red/white rumble strips and my tyre sidewalls to do most of the stopping...... :yeah:

iain1502 24-06-2009 09:34 PM

Thank you for this - some thing else to look at.
Thankfully I've 10 months to decide..

Crowman 24-06-2009 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSurfer
Quote:

Yeh but I used the red/white rumble strips and my tyre sidewalls to do most of the stopping...... :yeah:

Yeah, thats cheating :doh:

iain1502 24-06-2009 10:39 PM

Scotts do look good and as you said he did not have problems on the track (with the brakes!)

Scott, can you give me some advice on yours - have re-read through what you did it does not look completely straight forward. Thanks

Iain

Crowman 24-06-2009 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iain1502
Scotts do look good and as you said he did not have problems on the track (with the brakes!)

Scott, can you give me some advice on yours - have re-read through what you did it does not look completely straight forward. Thanks

Iain

Scott did his before the full kit was available, its not a bad job with the right bits

iain1502 24-06-2009 10:53 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Iain

Scott did his before the full kit was available, its not a bad job with the right bits

Thanks mate,
That would be easier then if it is all in a kit form with not too much messing about - where can I purchase the kit etc from so that I add it to the list of different choices I have - Trying hard not to purchase tonight so making a list of different combinations and seeing which I prefer and can afford.

majorscooby 25-06-2009 07:05 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Oh indeed sir - I just need help with getting the correct brakes, just been looking at the K-Sport 8 pots - nice, however there seems to be much choice on size and type of pads, not sure which to go for. Then to add to the problem it is the question of what do i put on the back, the K-Sport 6 pots??????????

That would be very nice set up mate.

I am either going that route or new age brembo.

All i had were a nice set of EBC's with no grooves and a set of DS2500 pads, i had no prob with no warping or fade!!! :doubleup:

iain1502 25-06-2009 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by majorscooby
Quote:

Quote:

Oh indeed sir - I just need help with getting the correct brakes, just been looking at the K-Sport 8 pots - nice, however there seems to be much choice on size and type of pads, not sure which to go for. Then to add to the problem it is the question of what do i put on the back, the K-Sport 6 pots??????????

All i had were a nice set of EBC's with no grooves and a set of DS2500 pads, i had no prob with no warping or fade!!! :doubleup:

Thanks mate - another set to put into the mix.. :?

Skullfudge 25-06-2009 10:21 AM

Have we got a date for this trip gents?.

It may be the case that some friends from my thread will be interested!

http://bbs.scoobynet.com/projects-40/71 ... 00bhp.html

Granby 25-06-2009 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by majorscooby
Quote:

Quote:

Captain slow springs to mind................................sorry i'll get my coat :getmecoat:

Nige 25-06-2009 06:08 PM

I have Brembo's on mine with Performance Friction pads i put this combination above the Ferodo2500 that i have on the other Scoob. I did however boil my brakefluid so over half a lap was done with no peddle :doh: funny though it turned out to be the faster of the two i did on the Monday before we set off back home. Skullfudge hit the nail on the head when he mentioned the AP's. In that Evo around the ring they would fold tarmac up they felt that good :angst: Last minute brakeing from 150+ mph was unbeliveable :doh: This is all still very early no date's can be set untill the Nurburgering people come up with there calender for next year. As Crowman said prob end May Start of June 2010 :doubleup:

BIG"E" 25-06-2009 08:22 PM

We will have to check:

WHEN THE GERMANS HAVE THERE BANK HOLIDAYS. :doubleup: :doubleup: :rofl: :lol: :doh:

C. J. 25-06-2009 09:11 PM

Think it would also be better to go mid week

Scott.T 25-06-2009 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C. J.
Think it would also be better to go mid week

it's normally only open weekends and some mid-week evenings

Bomag 30-06-2009 07:08 AM

Im in, whatever the date is
1: BIG "E"
2: NIGE (Evo VIII MR or Scoob)
3: SilverSlider (New Name )
4: Steve_PPP
5: Iain (need to get better brakes first though before going on ring but def going )
6: Crowman- with new K sports, shocks, springs, power fc, new engine, chasis, in the last week.
7: Hongkongphooey (gives me an idea of when to upgrade the brakes!)
8. Luckyscoob
9: Skullfudge
10: Anger
11: Bomag

chrisp 30-06-2009 09:35 AM

I'll be up for this too, trouble with midweek is that it's not always open to the public

worzel 30-06-2009 09:43 AM

I reckon a midweek trip doesn't look too likely if the track is not open very much. The timescale worked very well this year, the only unfortunate thing was we picked a German Bank Holiday. We will liaise with Jacquelline at the hotel in advance to get a normal weekend for next year so it's less busy.

Great to see so much interest already :doubleup: If this year is anything to go by, then we will have a cracking time. 8-)

worzel 30-06-2009 09:45 AM

Amended to include Chris

5: Iain (need to get better brakes first though before going on ring but def going )
6: Crowman- with new K sports, shocks, springs, power fc, new engine, chasis, in the last week.
8. Luckyscoob
12: Chrisp

majorscooby 30-06-2009 10:55 AM

To be fair you dont need alot of breaking if you get your lines right and your gearing down done at the right moment!!!!

8. Luckyscoob
13:
14: Majorscooby (new car by then..mmmmm)

worzel 30-06-2009 11:41 AM

Just noticed my name has dropped off. :paranoid:

Lets tempt fate by going at No13 shall we :lol:

8. Luckyscoob
13: Worzel

Jas@JPP 30-06-2009 03:13 PM

8. Luckyscoob
15: Jas (Non Scooby :whistle: )

Granby 30-06-2009 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisp
I'll be up for this too, trouble with midweek is that it's not always open to the public

I've been to the ring twice on my way to WRC Germany and it is open mid week but only from about 5pm until 7.30pm i think, it is busy but nowhere as busy as it is on the weekends

More info here

http://www.northloop.co.uk/index.htm

http://www.nurburgring.org.uk/

Jas@JPP 30-06-2009 04:27 PM

actually might be in a scooby, dont tell the missus though :yeah:

worzel 30-06-2009 05:39 PM

Cheers Ian :doubleup:

SpecB 30-06-2009 07:34 PM

8. Luckyscoob
16: BlueBugEye (if it's a weekend but will have to travel back on the Sunday as I'm a teacher and can't get extra time off :doubledown: )

C. J. 30-06-2009 08:07 PM

8. Luckyscoob
16: BlueBugEye (if it's a weekend but will have to travel back on the Sunday as I'm a teacher )
17. C. J. just need to know when !

worzel 30-06-2009 11:47 PM

This is going to be a really good trip.

What a turn out.

Roll on next year (can't believe i'm wishing my life away) :doubleup:

Nige 01-07-2009 12:21 AM

WORZEL you can't have number 13 with your sort of luck mate :doubledown: . CJ I may well be in an Evo by then if things go to plan :doubleup: Mmmm Evo's Suck :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

worzel 01-07-2009 12:24 AM

Mate, I can't have any worse than this year....................... can I ?????

majorscooby 01-07-2009 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by worzel
Mate, I can't have any worse than this year....................... can I ?????

Lets just take it easy then on the way down, no high speed blats till we get there!!.

We gotta make the next trip even bigger!!! mmmmm t-shirts this time round, :idea:

worzel 01-07-2009 11:47 AM

Shirts are a must. Just T Shirts (Ring hogs 2010) White shirts with the sticker idea we used this year on the breast and user name on the back. Nice and simple.

worzel 01-07-2009 11:51 AM

8. Luckyscoob
15: Jas (Non Scooby )
16: BlueBugEye (if it's a weekend but will have to travel back on the Sunday as I'm a teacher )
17. C. J. just need to know when !
18: Wez Type R (Sussex Jap Club)

C. J. 01-07-2009 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nige
WORZEL you can't have number 13 with your sort of luck mate :doubledown: . CJ I may well be in an Evo by then if things go to plan :doubleup: Mmmm Evo's Suck :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Your joking are you not !
You've only just put a 2.5 in and your selling up ? :kickbutt:

Bomag 01-07-2009 02:01 PM

Worzel, swop your name with mine mate, I was born on the 13th and live at number 13, so its not an unlucky number for me :mrgreen:

Nige 01-07-2009 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bomag
Worzel, swop your name with mine mate, I was born on the 13th and live at number 13, so its not an unlucky number for me :mrgreen:

And you joined on Friday the 13th!!! Spook'y :doh:

worzel 01-07-2009 03:36 PM

Quote:

Quote:

That is proper spooky! :paranoid:

worzel 01-07-2009 03:40 PM

Quote:

Cheers matey, but I don't believe in bad luck. 13 holds no fear for me either.

I reckon bad luck = Bad judgement + lack of planning.

If I blow my car up next year it will be because I have done something monumentally stupid, as I will not go away with a car that is not 100% spot on next time.

I have discovered a few things about the so called "Service" that my car apparently had before I left, from Gatwick Subaru. Not a very happy bunny there :doubledown:

Bomag 01-07-2009 04:24 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Ah, yes, that'll be my birthday, what a way to spend your 40th!!!!

Nige 01-07-2009 05:00 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I know it may sound mad :whistle: Thing is when we were in Germany the Scoobys didnt do that well. 7 got there 2 of them never even seen the Ring & had a lift back on a lorry. One with bigend probs [suspected]the other with diff/gearbox probs. We went there to drive the ring. RING HOGG'S remember. Crowman 1 or two lapps, Warped his disc's 1st corner, Big E 1 or 2 laps, Scott 2 laps one of them sideways, Majorscoob 4 laps, Myself 6 laps i couldnt do anymore as my exhaust had blown & my brake peddle was on the floor + Phil & Joe would not get back in the car. Majorscoob woke up one day to find he had no boost nothing.So you can see there was a bit of a black cloud over the scoob's. Then you see Niel with the Evo who had done over 30 laps with no issues [cracked a disc] it in all honesty make's you think am i in the right car? I have untill January to make my mind up so plenty of time. Anyway adding an Evo in to a group of Subaru's will be fun :doubleup: :drive: :drive: :drive:

C. J. 01-07-2009 05:06 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I know it may sound mad :whistle: Thing is when we were in Germany the Scoobys didnt do that well. 7 got there 2 of them never even seen the Ring & had a lift back on a lorry. One with bigend probs [suspected]the other with diff/gearbox probs. We went there to drive the ring. RING HOGG'S remember. Crowman 1 or two lapps, Warped his disc's 1st corner, Big E 1 or 2 laps, Scott 2 laps one of them sideways, Majorscoob 4 laps, Myself 6 laps i couldnt do anymore as my exhaust had blown & my brake peddle was on the floor + Phil & Joe would not get back in the car. Majorscoob woke up one day to find he had no boost nothing.So you can see there was a bit of a black cloud over the scoob's. Then you see Niel with the Evo who had done over 30 laps with no issues [cracked a disc] it in all honesty make's you think am i in the right car? I have untill January to make my mind up so plenty of time. Anyway adding an Evo in to a group of Subaru's will be fun :doubleup: :drive: :drive: :drive:

Why not buy some ap's and your sorted