South East Scoobies

South East Scoobies (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/index.php)
-   Regional Club Meets (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Rolling Road Day (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/showthread.php?t=4878)

C. J. 29-06-2010 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky (Post 53889)
Just a request, can we do sept as I am away the last 2 weeks of august. If not, dont worry, but thought i'd ask.

me to

worzel 29-06-2010 10:01 AM

I'm away in Sept :lol:

But mine would have been fairly recently mapped and sorted on the rollers at SRR anyway, so not an issue with me :nod:

Hongkongfooi 29-06-2010 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by worzel (Post 53896)
I'm away in Sept :lol:

But mine would have been fairly recently mapped and sorted on the rollers at SRR anyway, so not an issue with me :nod:

Going Fmic? I will be interested how much extra horses this gives as I have Granbys FMIC in my shed waiting to be fitted!

Nige 29-06-2010 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simonairheadz (Post 53771)
rolling road power means nothing nige!25 bhp difference aint going to make you lose sleep (or shouldnt anyway)
people with fast cars allways believe they are driving gods!(allthough they would never ever admit it)
handling is everything!ive been lucky enough to drive some awesome cars,the most sorted and fun was a caterham only running 170 bhp at brands,i drove it all afternoon and it embarressed many supercars(all whose owners talked with their cocks out when comparing bhp)

each to their own,as far as yours being down on bhp compared to others at the ring,bhp really doesnt equal fast all the time,drivability is paramount to enjoying the experience.

I must be really crap at explaining things sorry. The 25bhp thing came into play when cj posted about Charlie at srr thinking the sumo r&r would read or may read 25bhp more than there own r&r. My point was if sumo's r&r read 25bhp over the top then all there competition cars must be down 25bhp to there competitors. I cant really see that happening. Anyway for people that know me bhp isn't a big part of my life i play with relatively small turbo's with a well set up engine & very very good chaises. Handling & drivability are very much at the top of my list. I'm not a straight line person. I dont advertise how much power my car make's or is ment to make. At the bottom of my page reads BUILT FOR THE TWISTYS. Hope this makes a little bit more sence now. :wink: :shark:

RobEvo5 30-08-2010 04:40 PM

Thought I would bump this, as I fancy seeing what my classic is pushing out.

But guess they must be busy as JRM wont get back to my bro who wants his forged 911 with EFI conversion dynod and motec fine tuned, but they haven't got back to emails or a phone call. But they have time to put fliers offering servicing on corsa's through my door, and advertise in national porcshe mags. Must be only interested in EVO's or overworked.

SpecB 30-08-2010 06:03 PM

I should be a Surrey somepoint in September but would be happy to do another run (or two!)

Skullfudge 31-08-2010 09:53 AM

I'm there Sept too. Wed 22nd with Jolly Green Sy

SpecB 31-08-2010 03:44 PM

May end up joining you there rather than the earlier date I have pencilled in as I may not have sorted the fuel rails in time.

Skullfudge 31-08-2010 06:42 PM

Quote:

rolling road power means nothing nige!25 bhp difference aint going to make you lose sleep (or shouldnt anyway)
people with fast cars allways believe they are driving gods!(allthough they would never ever admit it)
handling is everything!ive been lucky enough to drive some awesome cars,the most sorted and fun was a caterham only running 170 bhp at brands,i drove it all afternoon and it embarressed many supercars(all whose owners talked with their cocks out when comparing bhp)

each to their own,as far as yours being down on bhp compared to others at the ring,bhp really doesnt equal fast all the time,drivability is paramount to enjoying the experience.

Wide words & couldn't agree more.

We have been talking about this in other threads.
Toooooo many guys out there having the modifications just for the purpose of being able to say "My car is 400 Bhp " etc.

Using the power is a different ball game and as Simon remarked lower power sometime proves more effective.

worzel 01-09-2010 09:01 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skullfudge (Post 60249)
Wide words & couldn't agree more.

We have been talking about this in other threads.
Toooooo many guys out there having the modifications just for the purpose of being able to say "My car is 400 Bhp " etc.

Using the power is a different ball game and as Simon remarked lower power sometime proves more effective.

Again, couldn't agree more.

The power is nice, to a certain degree, but IMHO it's all about set up. If it ain't planted it ain't ****.

As you may know, I am going FMIC (which I didn't really want to do) but that is not in search of more power. And whatever "cock out" figure I can get on the rollers on the day, will be wound back. I have said it 100's of times already, everything I have done is to bulletproof it, not get numbers.

The most crucial thing is knowing how to use that power. Hence the first of the Driver Training Days that we are putting on this month. I intend doing more of them too.

Crowman 01-09-2010 09:19 AM

Looking forward to the driver training day too, It will be interesting to see the diference in cars, not their power but how well they are set up and of course the driver itself.
If the courses that we do are short and tight then the quick spooling,lighter cars will be more suited.
Horses for courses

worzel 01-09-2010 09:22 AM

Exactly, my heavy old newage with a lard arse behind the wheel won't be best suited :lol:

Thank god I have got a fairly good set up to counteract my FB Tendancies :doubleup:

Crowman 01-09-2010 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by worzel (Post 60334)
Exactly, my heavy old newage with a lard arse behind the wheel won't be best suited :lol:

Thank god I have got a fairly good set up to counteract my FB Tendancies :doubleup:

Mate, yours was so planted at brands.
Got my coil overs now, am fitting tomorrow and called JRM yesterday, who should be down there on the rollers, a certain Evo owner:whistle:

worzel 01-09-2010 09:42 AM

That will be proper sorted for the Training day then :cool:

Give old Secret Squirrel a poke in the ribs for me, just for fun of course :whistle:

RobEvo5 01-09-2010 09:44 AM

At the cost of great expense, trial and troubles. I learnt my lesson in the persuit for power years ago. Its nice to have, but in truth anything with around 210bhp/ton in a well sorted chassis is plenty and more than you can use on UK roads, and even on a track in the right hands will give most things a run for its money. Something with enough power V's bonkers power from my experience is more fun on UK roads as you get to really drive the car rather than point and squirt it.

My personal experience with the idea of lots of power but built for reliability is also flawed. Big power and reliability do not come together IMO. I had a ST205 built by Fensport running 400bhp and the block cracked and killed the engine, and there are plenty of other big build cars out threre that have had fresh rebuilds in relatively short time scales. Even my former STI8 400+ built by engine tuner, gave them concerns when the buyer told them he wanted it as a dedicated hard core track car.

But at the end of the day the persuit for power is undeniably a challenge, fun and a hobby, and if its all done with disposable cash that you would sooner not plow into holidays, family time, or other things then fair play and why not.

Nige 01-09-2010 10:50 AM

[QUOTE=Crowman;60340]Mate, yours was so planted at brands.
Got my coil overs now, am fitting tomorrow and called JRM yesterday, who should be down there on the rollers, a certain Evo owner:whistle:[/QUOTE
I fitted a bigger fuel pump for safty reasons, so it was on the rollers for setting up only. The base fuel presure has been turned up so the duty cycle of the injectors can be turned down???? :nod:

worzel 01-09-2010 11:03 AM

Secret Squirrel strikes again :lol:

Scooby Wez 02-09-2010 10:28 PM

Like to see what the Surf is putting out if you all want a laugh :rofl: