South East Scoobies

South East Scoobies (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/index.php)
-   The Ring Zone (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   THE 5th SES. RING TRIP 2013, 24th to 28th May (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/showthread.php?t=14510)

Hongkongfooi 01-02-2013 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky (Post 152028)
As above, Tim and I are sharing (it was the spooning that sealed the deal for me!). I have added my name to Tim's and paid the deposit. :doubleup:

Nice one Steve

Scott.T 01-02-2013 09:41 PM

1. BIG"E" & Stiggy - twin Deposit Paid - Confirmed Received
2. Nick & Sian (Comfort Double) Deposit Paid - Confirmed Received
3. Shane and Little Bro - Twin
4. Steve & Claire (Comfort Double) Deposit Paid - Confirmed Received
5. Hongkongfooi & Lucky Comfort twin (if it exists) Deposit Paid - Confirmed Received
6. Scooby Greg + Dave H - twin Deposit Paid - Confirmed Received
7. SilverSurfer + 1 - Twin
8. Steve(Bolesroor)+ Liz (Comfort Double if possible?) Deposit paid - Confirmed Received .
9. ScoobyStu + 1 (twin)
10. Tomma + 1 (twin)
11. Jura (TBC)
12. Dave & Wanda (Comfort Double) Deposit Paid - Confirmed Received
13. Nige & Joe (twin) Deposit paid - Confirmed Received
14. Simon & Jo (twin) Sorry all the comfort rooms are provisionally booked now
15. ScoobySlayer + 1. (twin)

555_Si 02-02-2013 09:17 AM

deposit paid.

BIG"E" 02-02-2013 09:28 AM

5. Hongkongfooi & Lucky Comfort twin (if it exists) Deposit Paid - Confirmed Received
8. Steve(Bolesroor)+ Liz (Comfort Double if possible?) Deposit paid - Confirmed Received .
9. ScoobyStu + 1 (twin)
10. Tomma + 1 (twin)
11. Jura (TBC)
14. Simon & Jo (twin) Deposit Paid

555_Si 02-02-2013 10:47 AM

i am having a nightmare trying to find insurance that will include 3rd party liability cover for the Ring, has anyone managed to find a company that does this?

track day insurance doesn't cover third party liability, nor does road cover with the "its a public toll road, mate, ignorance"

if anyone can recommend someone, can you let me know, as really want to get car safely on ring without getting possibility of being sued for every penny i ever earn in the future.

SpecB 02-02-2013 11:57 AM

I think Moley can sort something if you're insured through him.

BIG"E" 02-02-2013 12:02 PM

Gary Moulson

Can be contacted here..: 0208 2880275 direct line works number..

Nige 02-02-2013 12:22 PM

There's quite a debate on Insurance for the Ring. Most people aren't covered due to is it a race track or a toll road. I can say if your doing an organised track day there, you can get insurance no problem. As soon as it becomes a tourist day your in a huge grey area of am I covered or not????? As said above Gary is the man to talk to.

Scooby_Greg 02-02-2013 12:46 PM

You will have public liability cover on most policies as it is considered a public toll road, oon TF days unless you have any specific exlusion on your policy. You will not have cover for own damage or anything else unless you have a specific policy in place.

Steve_PPP 02-02-2013 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scooby_Greg (Post 152059)
You will have public liability cover on most policies as it is considered a public toll road, oon TF days unless you have any specific exlusion on your policy. You will not have cover for own damage or anything else unless you have a specific policy in place.

Correct. But the problem is that most UK companies will exclude the Ring, so whilst they have to pay out for 3rd party claims, they've been known to chase the driver back in the UK to recover their costs. I have no idea how far insurance companies have got with this though - whether they've taken people to court or not.

Touristenfahrten driving is a grey area, as people are saying above - speak to Moley. Every time i go round, I make the assumption that i'm uninsured. Helps control the right foot a bit too ;)

Lucky 02-02-2013 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_PPP (Post 152060)
Every time i go round, I make the assumption that i'm uninsured. Helps control the right foot a bit too ;)

Funny that, It didnt look much like it when you came past me :drive::wave:

BIG"E" 02-02-2013 05:42 PM

9. ScoobyStu + 1 (twin)
10. Tomma + 1 (twin)
11. Jura (TBC)
14. Simon & Jo (twin) Deposit Paid

555_Si 03-02-2013 06:35 AM

ok cheers everyone, i'll contact Moley in a few weeks as my insurance is due on the scoob and r32.

BIG"E" 08-02-2013 12:45 PM

If anyone else is thinking about this trip please put your name down...:doubleup:

If anyone is worried about any aspects of this life changing experience please contact me I will do my best to answer any questions.

This is SES's 5th trip and that speaks volumes as to how good the trip is.

The trip is a package of new experiences.

If you are worried about driving The Ring the surrounding area is also a drivers paradise.

Steve_PPP 08-02-2013 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG"E" (Post 152536)
The trip is a package of new experiences.

If you are worried about driving The Ring the surrounding area is also a drivers paradise.

Couldn't agree more old chap ;)

I'd still go even if the Ring was shut all weekend. The local roads are stunning, scenery beautiful, and its a great place to unwind with top food (mmm steak) and some beers. :ok:

I'm sure there's also people willing to give the odd passenger lap if you want to know what its like before going round yourself. :drive:

Red Baron 08-02-2013 12:57 PM

2. Nick & Sian (Comfort Double) 3 NIGHTS Deposit Paid - Confirmed Received
3. Steve & Claire (Comfort Double) Deposit Paid - Confirmed Received
4. Hongkongfooi & Lucky Comfort twin (if it exists) Deposit Paid - Confirmed Received
5. Scooby Greg + Dave H - twin Deposit Paid - Confirmed Received
6. SilverSurfer + 1 - Twin
7. Steve(Bolesroor)+ Liz (Comfort Double if possible?) Deposit paid - Confirmed Received .
8. ScoobyStu + 1 (twin)
9. Tomma + 1 (twin)
10. Jura (TBC)
11. Dave & Wanda (Comfort Double) Deposit Paid - Confirmed Received
12. Simon & Jo (twin) Deposit Paid
13. ScoobySlayer + 1. (twin)

Going to say no for now guys, looks like I have work until the end of June so the car is staying for now but what with my wifes 40th in May and a friends wedding in Ibiza during the summer I can't justify it this year, I'll be first on the list for next year though, brother is itching to get out there and he may have a car of his own to take by then. If anything changes I'll sort myself out with other accommodation.

Shane

BIG"E" 08-02-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Baron (Post 152538)
Going to say no for now guys, If anything changes I'll sort myself out with other accommodation.

Shane

That is a shame mate.

If things change I am sure we could accommodate you..:nod:

The deadline is still a couple of weeks away yet.:five:

:drive::drive::drive::drive::drive::drive::drive: :drive:

BIG"E" 13-02-2013 10:27 PM

Is anyone else interested??

BIG"E" 15-02-2013 06:46 PM

Two weeks left to book your place !!!

If anyone would like to go and is not sure please contact me, for a chat.

This trip is not all about driving on the ring, some people that have been, have not driven on the ring, and have still had a BRILLIANT TIME. :doubleup:

:drive::drive::drive::drive::drive::drive::drive: :drive::drive::drive::drive::drive::drive::drive: :drive: :drive: :drive::drive::drive::drive::drive::drive::drive: :drive: :drive::drive::drive::drive::drive: :drive:

Lucky 15-02-2013 07:01 PM

Absolutely right. Even if you dont go on the ring, its a brilliant break with a great bunch of people. :ok:

BIG"E" 17-02-2013 11:41 AM

Eleven days left to book your place !!!

This trip is not all about driving on the ring, some people that have been, have not driven on the ring, and have still had a BRILLIANT TIME. :doubleup:

:drive::drive::drive::drive::drive::drive::drive: :drive::drive::drive::drive::drive::drive::drive: :drive: :drive: :drive::drive::drive::drive::drive::drive::drive: :drive: :drive::drive::drive::drive::drive: :drive:

scotty 17-02-2013 12:13 PM

Wish I could come to this as I never been before but funds are tight at the moment and also might not get the time off but hopefully be able to go next year if you are planning the ring again .

BIG"E" 17-02-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scotty (Post 153629)
Wish I could come to this as I never been before but funds are tight at the moment and also might not get the time off but hopefully be able to go next year if you are planning the ring again .

I would think a trip next year is a must things are already in the pipe line..:doubleup:

Nige 19-02-2013 08:51 PM

I'm out guys sorry. Thanks for the re-fund Scott. For the people that haven't been enjoy its fooking fantastic. It's a proper bloke thing & you will want to go back again & again. I will post at some point for another trip later in the year Ring trip x2 that's a mad blast trip.:twisted: :yeah:

alfa male 19-02-2013 09:05 PM

Are you feeling ok Nige? No ring trip? Can you wait til ring trip x2?

ScoobyStu 20-02-2013 03:30 PM

Not going to make this one I'm afraid. Apart from not being able to get the time off, I have a potential whole heap of poo coming my way. I'd have no reservations about going if things were different and god only knows I wish they were. Sorry for any inconvenience :-(

BIG"E" 20-02-2013 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScoobyStu (Post 154055)
Not going to make this one I'm afraid. Apart from not being able to get the time off, I have a potential whole heap of poo coming my way. I'd have no reservations about going if things were different and god only knows I wish they were. Sorry for any inconvenience :-(

No probs mate thanks for letting me know..

Good luck with sorting things out.. :doubleup:

ScoobyStu 21-02-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG"E" (Post 154059)
No probs mate thanks for letting me know..

Good luck with sorting things out.. :doubleup:

No worries mate and thank you. I'll explain when I see you next which hopefully will be soon.

555_Si 22-02-2013 08:48 PM

some good news, Gary has sorted me with insurance that includes cover for the Ring, yahoo. so i'll probably be going on track.

BIG"E" 22-02-2013 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wagon_Si (Post 154340)
some good news, Gary has sorted me with insurance so i'll probably be going on track.

It has to be done..:doubleup:

BIG"E" 25-02-2013 10:41 PM

3 days left !!!!!

Please call me if you wish to discuss anything or ask questions

RobEvo5 26-02-2013 04:17 PM

Mmm Tempting this, and its a few weeks before my Le-man trip this time.

BIG"E" 26-02-2013 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobEvo5 (Post 154793)

Come on mate you know you want to ....:drive:

Bring the Beemer guys ?

Lucky 26-02-2013 04:59 PM

Quote:

Be rude not too :razz:

Hongkongfooi 26-02-2013 07:40 PM

Worth us meeting up one evening beforehand for the newbies sake over a beer? East Grinstead like we did three years ago...?:-D

Scooby_Greg 26-02-2013 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hongkongfooi (Post 154821)
Worth us meeting up one evening beforehand for the newbies sake over a beer? East Grinstead like we did three years ago...?:-D

I'm happy with that!

Rob, would be great to have you and the beemer chaps there. I dont want to be the only one with a BMW going....

BIG"E" 26-02-2013 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scooby_Greg (Post 154842)
Rob, would be great to have you and the beemer chaps there. I dont want to be the only one with a BMW going....

Dont worry you will ok

I will treat the BMW drivers the same as last year :lol::yeah:

BIG"E" 26-02-2013 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hongkongfooi (Post 154821)

East Grinsteasd?

I thought we met at the pub just off the industrial estate in T.Wells?

I dare say something will be arranged.

I did think that we hopefully can all make it to the Leeds Castle meet the week before we go.

Ginola 26-02-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

DO IT ROB!!! you know you want to :)

BIG"E" 27-02-2013 06:31 PM

30 hours left to book your place !!!