South East Scoobies

South East Scoobies (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/index.php)
-   The Ring Zone (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   SES 2018 Trip to the Ring. 25/5/18 to 28/5/18 (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/showthread.php?t=23033)

Mike j 11-02-2018 11:58 AM

Deposit and tunnel paid. Got to admit, I’m a little nervous ��

Neil97rs 11-02-2018 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike j (Post 243116)

I was the same last year . But it was an awesome trip and would be going again this year but the dates are just not right for me so I will wait until next year.
But the guys here are very helpful and will talk you through everything

Red Baron 11-02-2018 04:04 PM

I've been 3 times now, once as a passenger, once with these guys in the Scoob and then went to the same area again with my wife for a long weekend in the Passat. It's so easy you'll wonder why you never did it before. There will always be the risk of car problems no matter how old or new the car so don't let that worry you, people break down abroad all the time and get home plus in this case you're in a group so there will be other people to help out. As for the ring itself, just treat it as a brisk drive on a country road but without the worry of someone coming the other way and keeo an eye on your mirrors the whole time, those locals appear from nowhere and in what usually looks like much slower machinery.

You'll love it.

Steve_PPP 23-02-2018 12:37 PM

I've been trying to avoid making this post but it looks nailed on now.... but we're out this year I'm afraid. Claire can't get the time off work and I've been looking at options re: coming anyway with a mate, but my oncall rota at work and other holidays already booked in my team just seem to have screwed it up for me this year. :(

Bit gutted because its the best trip of the year, and I've not missed one in 8 years. But it just doesn't work for us this time around. We'll be back next year for definite :)

SpecB 23-02-2018 01:34 PM

That's not good - First one we can make for 4 years!

BIG"E" 23-02-2018 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike j (Post 243116)

Everyone is a little nervous on their first trip, the trip is not all about the ring.

There are some brilliant roads around the whole area and not a pot hole in sight have a look at some of the past pictures .

If I could I would move there although this is my 10th SES trip I still get a buzz..

I guarantee you'll have great time, if you have any questions please either post up here or message me..

Steve_PPP 23-02-2018 01:52 PM

As E said, there is a lot more to the trip than visiting the Nurburgring. It's a stunning part of the world. The roads are great, food & drink is great, you'll love it there.

Rdlangy1 23-02-2018 01:54 PM

As “E” says - everyone is nervous on their first trip.
My first trip was very nerve wracking - I’m not a “track-mad” driver so was a little apprehensive. The convoy down through to the ring is great fun - little blasts on the motorways and autobahns and swapping positions as u travel down.
The ring itself is what u expect - except u make it what u want! I went round by no means the quickest, but yet quick enough for me! Two laps on two days was enough but that was my choice. Great fun and good experience!
Then the day trips out and driving through the lovely German roads (and tunnels!) are truely wonderful!
You will be in very safe hands with everyone going and “E” will look after you! He’s great with newbies (like he was with me!).

Ryan :ok:

SpecB 23-02-2018 02:37 PM

It's a great trip and the ring is only a few hours a day at most and that includes spectating as well as driving!

We're taking the Hearse so don't expect fast laps from us! But we should be ok on the Autobahn on the way there - the boot will be too full of beer on the return leg!

BIG"E" 04-03-2018 11:01 AM

I have provisionally booked 10 twin rooms, a deposit will be required to secure your place.

The deposit of £50 needs to be paid no later than Friday 6th April..

Payments to be sent here:
payments@southeastscoobies.co.uk (Deposits received will secure you place)

Eurotunnel fare at the moment is £122.
Departure 25/5/18 @ 07.50.
Returning 29/5/18 at 17.20

Do not forget if you have low ground clearance to book in "over 1.85m"

This trip is for any members new and :oldman: if you need any advise or additional information please ask..

If you are wanting to join us on this trip please put your name on the list.

1: Ian and Steve.. Deposit confirmed
2: Steve and Liz.. Deposit confirmed
3: Sean and Cheryl
4: Nick & Siân - arriving Sat
5: ScoobyNib and Saffron....Deposit confirmed

Single Room,

Granby.................. Deposit confirmed
Nick (3 nights only). Deposit confirmed
Ferd..................... Deposit confirmed
Mike j....................Deposit confirmed

Would anyone else like to join us with this experience of a lifetime?

Deposits please.

Ginola 05-03-2018 11:55 AM

Hope everyone is reading their rules and regs! + and getting stoked for this awesome trip! wish I was going this year will really miss it!

BIG"E" 05-03-2018 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ginola (Post 243632)
Hope everyone is reading their rules and regs! + and getting stoked for this awesome trip! wish I was going this year will really miss it!

Its not to late to change your mind..:ok:

Bolesroor 05-03-2018 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG"E" (Post 243634)

:agreed:

alfa male 05-03-2018 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG"E" (Post 243634)

What he said^^

Seanedg 21-03-2018 02:58 PM

Deposit paid

Cant wait to go, roll on May.

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

nikkinokkinoo 21-03-2018 08:18 PM

I've got a couple of friends who want to come along (Toby guy who came along to the last Brek meet). He used to have a wagon which he modified and I think he had some JDM WRX thing in the past - has just brought a 172 Clio for such events - should be registering soon - I hope.

Very much looking forward to it.

BIG"E" 21-03-2018 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seanedg (Post 243848)
Deposit paid

Cant wait to go, roll on May.

Cheers Sean any sign of Jason?

Seanedg 22-03-2018 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG"E" (Post 243852)
Cheers Sean any sign of Jason?

I did ask him, but no joy.

nikkinokkinoo 22-03-2018 01:09 PM

Tunnel Booked

BIG"E" 29-03-2018 07:04 AM

Deposits PLEASE !! .

If anyone else would like to join us its not to late.

Tobes 30-03-2018 12:29 PM

Hi, per nikkinokkinoo’s earlier post, I would like to go on this years Nuremberg trip. A chap called Alan will be going with me as well. Probably take a Clio 172 (sorry not a Subaru!) We would go for 3 nights (return on the Monday). Are there 2 single rooms still available? Cheers

BIG"E" 30-03-2018 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tobes (Post 244016)
Are there 2 single rooms still available? Cheers

Not sure to be honest, I would doubt it as I've already got requests for 4 singles, and single rooms are often difficult to reserve.

Would you mind sharing with Alan as I've got spare twin rooms already provisionally booked?

If this is a problem Ill have to contact the hotel.

ps. don't worry about bringing a Clio as Im taking its big brother.

SpecB 31-03-2018 06:35 AM

Deposit sent!

BIG"E" 31-03-2018 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpecB (Post 244035)
Deposit sent!

Cheers Nick..:doubleup:

BIG"E" 31-03-2018 06:55 PM

The deposit of £50 needs to be paid no later than Friday 6th April..

Payments to be sent here:
payments@southeastscoobies.co.uk (Deposits received will secure you place)

Eurotunnel fare at the moment is £122.
Departure 25/5/18 @ 07.50.
Returning 29/5/18 at 17.20

Do not forget if you have low ground clearance to book in "over 1.85m"

This trip is for any members new and :oldman: if you need any advise or additional information please ask..

1: Ian and Steve..
2: Steve and Liz..
3: Sean and Cheryl ...........
4: Nick & Siân - arriving Sat
5: ScoobyNib and Saffron....
6: Tobe and Alan..(3 nights)

Single Room,

Granby..................
Nick (3 nights only).
Ferd.....................
Mike j...................

After a chat today with Frank the owner of the hotel, there are no rooms left, the hotel is now fully booked.

All deposits paid.

Granby 29-04-2018 08:35 PM

How does the hotel take payments, do we have to pay by cash like before or will they take card?

BIG"E" 29-04-2018 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Granby (Post 244495)
How does the hotel take payments, do we have to pay by cash like before or will they take card?

Very good question..
Do know Ill find out.:ok:

BIG"E" 02-05-2018 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Granby (Post 244495)

You can make payments by either card or cash,

But they would prefer cash surprise surprise.

22.5 days to go !!

SpecB 02-05-2018 06:42 PM

Service booked!

nikkinokkinoo 02-05-2018 09:30 PM

Just got the new Hero 6 Go Pro for the event - really nice upgrade on my last model which was a 3+. Ordered some ally box section which I'm going to create a mount between the seats for my sub 8 min laps (be lucky if I get round in 11mins LOL).

BIG"E" 04-05-2018 07:40 PM

Less than 3 weeks to go !!!

:drive::drive::drive::drive::drive::drive::drive: :drive::drive::drive::drive: :drive::drive::drive::drive::drive::drive: :drive::drive::drive::drive::drive::drive: :drive::drive::drive::drive::drive:

BIG"E" 18-05-2018 04:04 PM

Is everyone ready for the 10th SES ring trip?
Just 6 days to go !!

I can't wait just got to get some euros and that's it, proving number 2 car is ready. :cry::shock:

If not it will be good old faithful no. 1.

:drive::drive::drive::drive::drive::drive::drive: :drive::drive::drive::drive: :drive::drive::drive::drive::drive::drive: :drive::drive::drive::drive::drive::drive: :drive::drive::drive::drive::drive:

Scott.T 18-05-2018 05:02 PM

Don't forget crash helmets if your going out on the track.
It's all too easy to not bother, but those that went last year know that a simple error can be fatal.

Bolesroor 18-05-2018 07:58 PM

Nearly, cars been checked all good to go, insurance renewed today with KM, just need some euros and Liz to pack :-D and we will be there :ok: and don't forget your change for the toilet at the Belgium fuel stop :lol:

SpecB 18-05-2018 08:44 PM

Got a new gearbox sump to be fitted on Tuesday then get some euros and sort out breathalyser and spare bulb kit and fire extinguisher. No problems! Oh and hopefully get another revision on the map from the elusive KiDO!

Seanedg 18-05-2018 08:51 PM

Not long now, car ready.
same as you guys, just need euros

Roll on friday......

BIG"E" 19-05-2018 08:26 AM

Well the gear box is having to come out again as the newly fitted clutch master cylinder has made no difference to the operation of the clutch, so a new concentric slave has to be fitted...
Fingers crossed it gets sorted...

The WR1 is getting her hopes up ...:ok:

Granby 19-05-2018 09:54 AM

Everything sorted, can we go now :-D, are we meeting at the services as normal and if so what time pls

Bolesroor 19-05-2018 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Granby (Post 244706)
Everything sorted, can we go now :-D, are we meeting at the services as normal and if so what time pls

06:20 at the shell garage Ian , I'll listen out for you coming past on the way down :drive: :-D

Seanedg 19-05-2018 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG"E" (Post 244705)
Well the gear box is having to come out again as the newly fitted clutch master cylinder has made no difference to the operation of the clutch, so a new concentric slave has to be fitted...
Fingers crossed it gets sorted...

The WR1 is getting her hopes up ...:ok:

I have my fingers crossed mate