South East Scoobies

South East Scoobies (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/index.php)
-   The Ring Zone (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   2012 SES Nurburgring Trip - 1st June / 5th June 2012 (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/showthread.php?t=10204)

SpecB 25-07-2011 07:17 AM

By first few laps - read 100 or so!

kartingsteve 25-07-2011 07:52 AM

1: Steve & Laura
2: Steve & Claire
3: Pieman & Mrs Pieman
4: Si +1 (maybe more)
5: Greg & Charlotte
6: Granby
7: Lucky and Mike
8: Crowman & His Biatch Majorscooby
9: Hongkongfooi + Simba
10: BIG"E" + another.
11: Nige & Joe
12: Skullfudge & Hev
13: The Unlucky Brothers
14: Nick & Sian (room 33 please - got the same number in Brugge so shame to spoil the run!)
15: Krissyb-P1 + 1
16. SilverSurfer + 1
17. Rodregos+ Sweetpea
18, Daz & Lucia
19, Penfold + 1
20. Anger + 1
21. Paul egg + 1
22. PigSTi (Chris) + Faye
23. kartingsteve + 1 or 2

Try to keep it in one piece this time :mrgreen:

Anger 25-07-2011 08:39 AM

Nice one Steve

Steve_PPP 25-07-2011 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pigSTi (Post 97490)
I've never tracked before so am expecting a pretty epic experience... should I be worried lol

I'd recommend having a go on track somewhere on track before going if you want to make the best of your Ring trip. If its your first time over there, you probably won't do more than a handful of laps.

I did an evening at Brands before going to the Ring - so that i knew the car and its limits in the corners, what i could expect of the brakes (how long they took to fade!) etc. Makes sense to know all that before you go, so you don't waste your first couple of laps working it all out!

Also much easier to find the limits on a uk track, better run off areas if you overstep the mark, and no barrier costs ;)

pigSTi 25-07-2011 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_PPP (Post 97532)
I'd recommend having a go on track somewhere on track before going if you want to make the best of your Ring trip. If its your first time over there, you probably won't do more than a handful of laps.

I did an evening at Brands before going to the Ring - so that i knew the car and its limits in the corners, what i could expect of the brakes (how long they took to fade!) etc. Makes sense to know all that before you go, so you don't waste your first couple of laps working it all out!

Also much easier to find the limits on a uk track, better run off areas if you overstep the mark, and no barrier costs ;)

If I find time and money I may well put that advice to good use, but between now and the ring I need to bring my car up to scratch if I can.

I need to sort out:

• Brakes as they fade too much too often, will try Blue stuff & grooved disks
  • Handing - going to try out a Whiteline ARB, an anti-lift kit (gets a bit light when I floor it) and maybe other various bushes etc then possibly some coilovers

After that lot I would like to get a map done for more torque. Lots of monies between now and then! (If I can afford all of it heh...)

worzel 25-07-2011 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueBugEye (Post 97524)
By first few laps - read 100 or so!

:agreed:

pigSTi 25-07-2011 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by worzel (Post 97560)
:agreed:

Yep, I'm no race car driver so I reckon I'll be taking it relatively easy, full stop. As long as I enjoy myself I'll be well happy :)

worzel 25-07-2011 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pigSTi (Post 97566)
Yep, I'm no race car driver so I reckon I'll be taking it relatively easy, full stop. As long as I enjoy myself I'll be well happy :)

It is the best way without doubt :nod:

The thing to remember is you are driving it home after the weekend. It's totally different if like Neil you know the track well. He can batter round there pretty bloody quickly, but for us mere mortals you are better off taking it easy and enjoying what is without doubt a great experience.

It's a weekend that caters for all at the end of the day. Some people are there to get on the track and round the track as quickly as possible, no matter what. Some will go round in a fairly spirited fashion on or near the limits. Some will go round there quickly, yet still well inside the limits. Some will take it easy and play it safe. There's no rules you have to follow, you do it how you want to do it matey.

My only recommendation would be, don't follow someone in the group first time out, it's just far too easy to get sucked into a pace you are not comfortable with.

The weekend is about a good time at the end of the day. Some nice meals, a few Bitburgers and most importantly a great laugh with a good bunch of blokes.

pigSTi 25-07-2011 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by worzel (Post 97580)
It is the best way without doubt :nod:

The thing to remember is you are driving it home after the weekend. It's totally different if like Neil you know the track well. He can batter round there pretty bloody quickly, but for us mere mortals you are better off taking it easy and enjoying what is without doubt a great experience.

It's a weekend that caters for all at the end of the day. Some people are there to get on the track and round the track as quickly as possible, no matter what. Some will go round in a fairly spirited fashion on or near the limits. Some will go round there quickly, yet still well inside the limits. Some will take it easy and play it safe. There's no rules you have to follow, you do it how you want to do it matey.

My only recommendation would be, don't follow someone in the group first time out, it's just far too easy to get sucked into a pace you are not comfortable with.

The weekend is about a good time at the end of the day. Some nice meals, a few Bitburgers and most importantly a great laugh with a good bunch of blokes.

Fantastic advice/info - it does sound like a bloody good weekend holiday. It's really good to know all of what you wrote there thanks :)

What are bitburgers? German beefburgers? My missis has a little German blood but has never been over there so she is looking forward to seeing the country.

worzel 25-07-2011 06:05 PM

Bitburger is one of their biggest selling beers. The other main ones being Warstienner & Erdinger.

We have been know to sink several while we are away :beer:

You and your wife will love it, it's a brilliant country, :ok:

pigSTi 25-07-2011 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by worzel (Post 97600)
Bitburger is one of their biggest selling beers. The other main ones being Warstienner & Erdinger.

We have been know to sink several while we are away :beer:

You and your wife will love it, it's a brilliant country, :ok:

Oh! It's a beer :lol: ....:getmecoat: Sinking a few sounds more than good to me

THE HOBBYMASTER 05-09-2011 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kartingsteve (Post 97525)
14: Nick & Sian (room 33 please - got the same number in Brugge so shame to spoil the run!)
16. SilverSurfer + 1
17. Rodregos+ Sweetpea
18, Daz & Lucia
19, Penfold + 1
20. Anger + 1
21. Paul egg + 1
24. The Hobbymaster (Ian) + 1 or 2.....first time, new member!!:sos: So play nice with me lol

Try to keep it in one piece this time :mrgreen:

What happens about booking the hotel etc
Cheers Ian

Skullfudge 05-09-2011 01:38 PM

Pigsti a good bit of advice would be to have a friend / partner in the passenger seat with the centre mirror adjusted so your passenger can be "your mirror", and advise you of traffic coming up behind you.

With no track experience you will have some traffic come flying past you and you will spend the rest of the lap living in your mirrors.

That way you can concentrate on your driving and what's up ahead.

BIG"E" 05-09-2011 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THE HOBBYMASTER (Post 103409)
What happens about booking the hotel etc
Cheers Ian

We wait until we have the confirmed dates for track opening.(although the hotel is provisionally booked now I believe)

Your name is on the list :double:

Worzel booked us in last year after receiving a minimal deposit.

Looks like we will have the hotel to ourselves at this rate.

The convoy down is certainly going to fun :lol:

halostu 12-09-2011 09:28 PM

hello im thinking about having ago at this and would just like to know whats the call ive you kill your engine or crash

Crowman 12-09-2011 09:56 PM

Hotel is provisionally booked.
We are getting near full capacity of hotel.

To think only a few years ago we went down with , I think 9 cars.

Can't bloomin wait until next year :-)

Anger 12-09-2011 09:58 PM

Im not sure i can wait... might go for my Birthday :D

Crowman 12-09-2011 10:01 PM

James, you will be moving out there before long :-)
Quality place for birthday :-)

Anger 12-09-2011 10:10 PM

If i won the Lotto i would live there

Crowman 12-09-2011 10:15 PM

100% me too mate.

Lazadude 13-09-2011 12:17 PM

14: Nick & Sian
16. SilverSurfer + 1
17. Rodregos+ Sweetpea
18, Daz & Lucia
19, Penfold + 1
20. Anger + 1
21. Paul egg + 1
24. The Hobbymaster (Ian) + 1 or 2.....first time, new member!!:sos: So play nice with me lol
25. Lazadude + Mrs at that point in time...

Skullfudge 13-09-2011 12:48 PM

Looking like a nice turn out for this one.

Will the hotel have the room ?? or maybe a hotel in Cochen could take the spill ?

worzel 13-09-2011 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skullfudge (Post 104580)
Looking like a nice turn out for this one.

Will the hotel have the room ??

Only just at this rate. :zoiks:

When we put the list back up again at Christmas, there are usually a couple of casualties. I need to get onto Jackie in January with numbers, but as a courtesy I will e-mail her today I think to let her know where we stand :ok:

worzel 13-09-2011 01:00 PM

E-mail sent :ok:

Skullfudge 13-09-2011 01:00 PM

We feel pretty confident that P2 will be completed before next June.
"If " we have had time for the test programme beforehand we shall be trailering P2 over to The Ring.
We are having a multi Go-Pro remote camera setup as a permanent fixture in the car so hopefully should gain some good HD footage.

worzel 13-09-2011 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skullfudge (Post 104586)
We feel pretty confident that P2 will be completed before next June.
"If " we have had time for the test programme beforehand we shall be trailering P2 over to The Ring.
We are having a multi Go-Pro remote camera setup as a permanent fixture in the car so hopefully should gain some good HD footage.

Superb news mate :yeah:

I am thinking of getting a couple of permanent GoPro housings made up too, I have been talking with a friend about fabricating something, maybe one of them to house the GoPro 3D set up :drive:

We will get some tidy footage this time then :cool:

Granby 13-09-2011 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crowman (Post 104513)
100% me too mate.

+1, i could even then learn how to drive the ring :lol:

worzel 15-09-2011 12:04 PM

After sending her an e-mail on Tuesday, I have got an answer from Jackie about next years trip. Based on the list we currently have, here is her reply.

Hello Steve,
That is a long list!
We are fine. We have been very busy, but not long now and it will soon quieten down. Hope that you are both well.
Nige was fine, but ask his roommates if they have recovered. I am sure if they had a shot gun with them,…………………………!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have;
9 standard double/twin rooms. A lot can be made into triples.
3 single rooms, could be a bit of a squeeze, but I can also make them into twins.
5 comfort double rooms.
I can put 4 people into a B+B down the road, that is no trouble at all.

Love and best wishes
Jacqueline

So, if people are happy to get into triple rooms, please try to get this sorted so that when I stick the list up at Christmas, we can save a bit of time.

Here's looking forward to the 2012 trip :ok:

ajf 15-09-2011 12:35 PM

I'm not sharing with Nige

Adrian

Crowman 15-09-2011 01:54 PM

39 people including the B&b then if the singles sleep 2
Happy days and roll on next year :-)

Steve_PPP 15-09-2011 01:58 PM

blimey, looks like we'll easily fill the place going on the current list.

worzel 15-09-2011 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_PPP (Post 104829)
blimey, looks like we'll easily fill the place going on the current list.

Oooooooooh yes!

majorscooby 16-09-2011 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by worzel (Post 104813)
So, if people are happy to get into triple rooms, please try to get this sorted so that when I stick the list up at Christmas, we can save a bit of time.

Here's looking forward to the 2012 trip :ok:

I could do a triple, providing you dont mind me slipping in between you and the duchess! should be quite cosy. :nod:

Crowman 16-09-2011 08:05 PM

Rich you bitch, is this your way of dumping me :-(

Nige 17-09-2011 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajf (Post 104817)
I'm not sharing with Nige

Adrian

Oh don't be like that my little cuddle chum :doubleup:
Were's my fooking pigchup? :lol:

SpecB 17-09-2011 07:13 AM

Don't think anybody will want to join Sian and I on our 2nd Honeymoon!

ajf 17-09-2011 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nige (Post 105000)
Oh don't be like that my little cuddle chum :doubleup:
Were's my fooking pigchup? :lol:

More pic soon

Anger 17-09-2011 08:40 AM

Added tomorrow after its latest trip

The Gimp 17-09-2011 09:52 AM

Room for one more?

Steve

Anger 17-09-2011 04:52 PM