South East Scoobies

South East Scoobies (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/index.php)
-   The Ring Zone (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   SES Ring Trip 2020 29/5/20 to 3/6/20 (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/showthread.php?t=23766)

georgehawkins27 18-03-2020 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_PPP (Post 251963)
TF closed until April 20th. Spectator locations around the Nordschliefe are closed.

https://scontent-lhr8-1.xx.fbcdn.net...2d&oe=5E976300

Sorry about huge image, stolen from FB and can't resize at the moment...

😭😭 there is still hope though..

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

scotty 21-03-2020 06:00 PM

See they have closed the borders into Germany not sure how long it will be for .

Frenchie 21-03-2020 06:20 PM

I believe it's initially for 30 days,but with the possibility to extend if necessary. Lots of countries putting time lines on events/suspension of travel ,etc ,but we are all going into the unknown. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Nige 23-03-2020 09:24 PM

So my cars ready & Boris says no!

BIG"E" 27-03-2020 12:36 PM

Quite obviously our trip is not looking good !!.

Those of you that have paid deposits will get a full refund.

For those that have already booked Eurotunnel

I have copied the following email which explains your position with Eurotunnel

Standard Tickets

You can amend your booking for free up to 24 hours before your departure time, if you’re travelling in the same direction and we have space available (you will have to pay the difference if the new ticket is more expensive, but there will be no amendment fees). Most ticket types have a full year from date of original purchase to be used. You can amend your booking here: My Eurotunnel

Flexiplus Tickets

As well as being amendable our Flexiplus tickets are fully refundable too. Travel to be completed within 1 calendar year of the date of original purchase.

Our service is operating as normal and our ticket terms and conditions can be found here.

Bookings made with Tesco or other discount vouchers

If you have purchased a ticket in full or part using a Tesco or other discount voucher, please contact us by phone to amend your booking.

If it proves impossible to continue our (as looks likely) trip.

I will be looking at going later on in the year.

If all else fails we can hang onto the Eurotunnel tickes until next year and go then provided its with in a year of the previously booked trip.

So now its a case of fingers crossed and wait and see.

Best regards

Ian

Frenchie 27-03-2020 08:09 PM

Must be a massive disappointment for everyone concerned,especially you Ian,but the right decision. All stay safe and plenty of opportunities in the future.

Steve_PPP 24-04-2020 07:56 PM

Update on the situation at the Ring here from Robert/Misha (Apex)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVQVEGUPN_c

555_Si 24-04-2020 08:58 PM

Shame we won’t be able to travel to get there for a while.

BIG"E" 24-04-2020 10:26 PM

No hotels open yet...:cry:

Scott.T 24-04-2020 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 555_Si (Post 252288)
Shame we won’t be able to travel to get there for a while.

I'd be suprised if international travel starts at all in 2020.

BIG"E" 25-04-2020 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott.T (Post 252290)
I'd be surprised if international travel starts at all in 2020.

There is an EU meeting on the 15th May that will decide things,
we can only live in hope??

If we cant go in May we still have a years grace on the Eurotunnel bookings.

Scott.T 25-04-2020 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG"E" (Post 252293)
There is an EU meeting on the 15th May that will decide things,
we can only live in hope??

If we cant go in May we still have a years grace on the Eurotunnel bookings.

What planet are you on.
This thing isnt going to vanish just because lockdown is relaxed.

Steve_PPP 25-04-2020 03:18 PM

No chance of May happening Ian i'm afraid. Even if they allow hotels to open, there won't be freedom of movement at borders, international travel will be limited to work/essential purposes only for a while I expect. Germany have done a better job than us of limiting the death toll, partly due to much more extensive testing. The last thing they're going to do is open the doors to thousands of Brits coming over potentially carrying it - we're looking to be one of the worst affected European countries alongside Italy, Spain & France.

I'm booked for a week out there at the end of July - 3 months away this week. I'm doubtful we'll be allowed to travel for that...

Red Baron 25-04-2020 06:05 PM

I've written off the possibility of all international travel for 12 months or so. I'll pay for my holiday next week and as soon as they cancel it I'll reschedule for next summer.
Going to be a summer of bbqs in the garden with the family.

Frenchie 27-04-2020 07:46 AM

I guess Ian is just voicing what we are all hoping that life will begin to get better. Of course it's going to take time, but the latest figures give some signs of hope. Once we are back to normal I think we should have a weekend meet ,with accommodation so alchol can be consumed. Stay safe everybody.

BIG"E" 27-04-2020 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frenchie (Post 252324)
I guess Ian is just voicing what we are all hoping that life will begin to get better. Of course it's going to take time, but the latest figures give some signs of hope. Once we are back to normal I think we should have a weekend meet ,with accommodation so alchol can be consumed. Stay safe everybody.

Agreed 100%..

Restrictions are changing all the time.

Steve_PPP 07-05-2020 09:17 AM

So from 18th May, hotels in Germany are allowed to accept tourists and not just business travellers.

Still have the problems of:
- masks having to be worn anywhere in the Nurburgring area (apart from in the car)
- no passenger swapping allowed for laps
- no spectators in the main viewing areas
- car parks closed, main paddock at GP circuit opened for 'socially distanced' parking between laps.
- at the moment, the borders from Belgium/France are still closed to non-essential traffic
- no idea if restaurants will allow people to sit inside as normal after this date, or whether they will all still be takeaway only.

If you're short of masks, try these on for size :D

https://www.redbubble.com/people/bri...&iaCode=u-mask

Ferd 07-05-2020 09:38 AM

Yeah the borders to Germany are still pretty much closed anything but essential or cross-border workers with papers. The surrounding countries are all complaining about it, even the border towns all flying flags at half-mast in protest.

Then there's the "border" between the UK and France, and I don't see that one being opened any time soon considering the situation in the UK and France not having had a had good time of it either and wanting to make it worse again.

My feeling from chatting to my friend across the border in Germany is that, yes they may open things up more in time for the trip, but it's not going to be very "open" as we're finding from the restrictions around the Ring and will make for a rather joyless trip. I would think postponing until after the summer is the best option.

BIG"E" 07-05-2020 12:19 PM

Thanks you for your post Steve and Ferd

I am in constant contact with all those on the list.

This is a fast moving situation with what seems to be daily changes.

It will be very interesting to see what Borris says on Sunday.

However..

I had a long conversation/discussion with Frank (the hotelier) yesterday.

on his advice I have decided to POSTPONE this years trip.

For the following reasons: (which obviously could change)

At the moment the borders are effectively shut (which could change)

There will be no public viewing or car parks open such as Brunchen.

No groups of more than 2 or any other meetings

You will have to sign in to any venue you go into pubs, cafe and restaurants. so they can trace you or notify you if you have been close to any contamination.

The place is going to be overrun with the police, the speeding rules and fines have recently changed and they are looking closely at any modded cars.

Masks will have to be worn.

So the days of sitting outside and enjoying a few beers watching the world go by are not happening yet, may be later in the year.

I cant quote what Frank said, but what sums it up is: there is no point in coming because of all these fooking rules and police will spoil your fun!!

So what I am proposing is to go on the weekends of

September 11th to 14th.
or
October 2nd to 5th. (this is Green Hell weekend the weekend after VLN )

What are your thoughts please ?

Ferd 07-05-2020 12:38 PM

Both dates are ok with me, although that still depends on my manager approving them.

nikkinokkinoo 07-05-2020 01:01 PM

Good with me.

555_Si 07-05-2020 06:04 PM

I will have to see how work pans out for the rest of the year, as currently no idea if have job or not or if i can get time off.

Steve_PPP 07-05-2020 07:22 PM

It's the right call to postpone Ian.

You don't want to go, just to feel like you have no freedom to do anything. Pretty pointless imo.

Hopefully this will fade away over the summer and September allows a normal trip without restrictions. :)

georgehawkins27 07-05-2020 09:04 PM

Thanks for info, telephone calls and scheduling.

Agree with decision and roll-on post-COVID dates!

scotty 07-05-2020 09:07 PM

Green hell weekend sounds interesting that would be my choice if I was going .

Seanedg 10-05-2020 03:30 PM

Yes completely agree with you Ian, no point going if we can't get out of the car etc.

I'm OK with September or October, not sure about Cheryl at the mo due to work, holidays etc.

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

BIG"E" 28-05-2020 06:07 PM

Feeling sad.

Car is all ready, I'm ready but have nowhere to go!!

And the weather forecast is perfect..
:cry::cry:

BIG"E" 21-06-2020 12:28 PM

Trying to make the best of a bad job.

Things are slowly getting better..this is the latest info:

https://www.nuerburgring.de/en/news/...ls-chance.html

I have booked rooms at the hotel for October 2nd to the 5th.

This weekend is the first after the VLN 24 hrs so hopefully the spectating places will be open.

These dates are basically are the latest its feasible to go this year and Ive no doubt quarantine etc will be gone by this time.

Obviously booking the tunnel will be done close to the time of departure so that we don't have to get vouchers etc.should things not work out.

So those that are interested please let me know.

1: Ian & Steve..
2:
3:
4:

georgehawkins27 21-06-2020 04:45 PM

1: Ian & Steve..
2: Ellie & George
3:
4: