South East Scoobies

South East Scoobies (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/index.php)
-   SouthEastScoobies Meets & Events (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Feb 2012 - SES Meet & RR Runs, Sun 19th Feb - JRM Sumo Power, Rye , Sussex (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/showthread.php?t=12616)

Crowman 19-02-2012 06:19 PM

Hats off to Scott and of course JRM for putting together a great day .
Couldnt stay the whole day , but was great to see everyone .

Huge thanks for everyone's effort to make it down and the organisers .

How did the rolling road sessions turn out .

Nick
What was yours compared to SRR

Skullfudge
What was yours compared to RCM

Tomma 19-02-2012 06:20 PM

Great day today and a Massive turn out!

Cheers Scott for organising and to Sumo guys for their Hospitality!

Did those pizza's turn up on the back of a moped!?

Bolesroor 19-02-2012 06:30 PM

Looked a great meet :ok: Had to work unfortunately :sadnod:
+1 on the interest on the rolling road runs!

Guy B 19-02-2012 06:37 PM

Awesome day! Really enjoyed that, thanks chaps. Oh and thanks for the lift Ron! :ok:

Lucky 19-02-2012 07:02 PM

Really good day. Well done to Scott and JRM. JRM made us all feel so welcome and a top bunch. Great to catch up with everyone :doubleup:

thepieman 19-02-2012 07:03 PM

Big thanks to JRM/Sumo for the day today, well done on access to facilities and for putting on drinks, nibbles and pizza. Really appreciated by everyone. Top job guy's.

Thanks to Scott for his persistance in getting the go ahead for a meet.

Thanks to everyone that turned up for making a great day of it, some top top scoobs on display, all a credit to the owners and SES as members of the club:10:

Great to meet some new members and as always great to catch up with the old faces and regulars. Apologies to those I didn't get to chat to, hopefuly at the next one:ok:

Hope everyone enjoyed themselves.........

GuyB..... pleasure mate, anytime you want a run out :ok:

looking forward to the next one:five:

Skullfudge 19-02-2012 07:04 PM

Great day guys and good to meet up with many of you,

RCM dyno 516 bhp
Sumo 518 bhp

Checked out the correct formula and you divide the wheel bhp x 0.8 for turbo charged, 4x4's.
This would indicate both dyno's to be slightly out as the formula suggested 525 bhp.

To be honest I don't give a 5hit :) ............. but I did when I saw the front of my P1 start sliding off the rollers :shock:

thepieman 19-02-2012 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skullfudge (Post 122912)

RCM dyno 516 bhp
Sumo 518 bhp

Checked out the correct formula and you divide the wheel bhp x 0.8 for turbo charged, 4x4's.
This would indicate both dyno's to be slightly out as the formula suggested 525 bhp.

To be honest I don't give a 5hit :) ............. but I did when I saw the front of my P1 start sliding off the rollers :shock:

So your 1064 bhp calculation was wrong then?

:norty::norty::norty:

Nige 19-02-2012 07:08 PM

Fantastic meet. Thank you Sumo/Jrm & Scott for organising this. Everyone happy & nothing fell off the rollers. :EVO:

SpecB 19-02-2012 07:14 PM

Figures were pretty close to Surrey

BHP - 365.5 vs 349.9
Torque - 335.6 vs 340.1

Interesting differences were the JRM graphs show greater smoothing and the boost plot shows 1 bar @ 3850rpm, 1.5 @ 4600rpm and Surrey is 1bar @ 3200 1.5 @ 3500 Lamda/AFR is hard to compare as Surrey shows AFR whereas Sumo is Lamda however it looks similar - my AFR is around 11.2 at Surrey JRM showed the Lamda as around 0.7 (looking from 4 to 7k rpm).

Main comment I would have (and I have no data to back it up) was the car appeared to have been running much cooler at JRM there was no hint of it being really hot when coming off the rollers maybe I should have set up a data log however as my intake temp sensor still isn't working there wouldn't have been much point.

All in all a very professional setup and I would happily use their rollers again if they were closer!

I'll add the graph later.

Fozzy N 19-02-2012 07:40 PM

Had a fantastic day, thanks to all that organised this... Good to catch up with everyone.

Nige 19-02-2012 07:51 PM

Mr Fudge your face was a picture I've never seen you look so nervous. Now it might even change again the EVO made 434 atw. See I told you, the exhaust sucker machine thingy needs to stand on end. Your power to weight more than out does mine though mate. As you say it's nice to have a figure but it's not the be all & end all of things. Good job Dukeboy & Cj didn't turn up with there 600 + + figures. I don't mean that in a bad way guy's it's just nice to come out on top for once. The Scoob, what can I say 350bhp 370ftlb torque Fantastic day. :EVO: RULES THE DAY. I know stop going on but I can't help it Ha! Ha!

Scott.T 19-02-2012 08:10 PM

Well what can I say....
Thankyou all for coming along and hopefully having a great day.
Thanks also to Sumo/JRM for letting the group wander around the facility and appreciate what a fantastic setup it is. Also for laying on the endless drinks and pizza.
Hopefully Sumo will get some pay back and some of you may use them for goods or services in the future.

Running the rolling road was a nice touch and something I don't think many clubs have had the benefit off. It certainly makes for a nice spectacle and was also good to see that the ATW figures for the 2 high power cars were very close to those recently achieved on other rollers.

The group of cars turning up on Hastings seafront was quite a sight to see, and I really wasn't expecting so many of you to join us for the last leg of the journey. I'm half expecting someone at work to tell me about all the Scoob's in town on Sunday LOL.....

Thanks again to everyone for turning up, and lastly.....what a great way to start 2012

C. J. 19-02-2012 08:11 PM

Glad you all had a good day . Didn't come as have been working on cars for the last three days so a divorce would of been on the cards !

impreza27 19-02-2012 08:24 PM

had a fantastic day at sumo today a big thank u to scott and jrm for putting on a great day, was good to see so many scoobies turn up.:10:

Juppy 19-02-2012 08:25 PM

thanks to all thhat organised this today, was a really good turn out :doubleup:

C. J. 19-02-2012 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueBugEye (Post 122917)
Figures were pretty close to Surrey

BHP - 365.5 vs 349.9
Torque - 335.6 vs 340.1

Interesting differences were the JRM graphs show greater smoothing and the boost plot shows 1 bar @ 3850rpm, 1.5 @ 4600rpm and Surrey is 1bar @ 3200 1.5 @ 3500 Lamda/AFR is hard to compare as Surrey shows AFR whereas Sumo is Lamda however it looks similar - my AFR is around 11.2 at Surrey JRM showed the Lamda as around 0.7 (looking from 4 to 7k rpm).

Main comment I would have (and I have no data to back it up) was the car appeared to have been running much cooler at JRM there was no hint of it being really hot when coming off the rollers maybe I should have set up a data log however as my intake temp sensor still isn't working there wouldn't have been much point.

All in all a very professional setup and I would happily use their rollers again if they were closer!

I'll add the graph later.

Which is which ?
Would of been interesting to have seen the data logs of the dyno runs to have compared .

Scott.T 19-02-2012 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C. J. (Post 122932)
Which is which ?
Would of been interesting to have seen the data logs of the dyno runs to have compared .

Yeh would be good to see the SRR plot with the ATW trace against the Sumo plot. Mayby wack em' in another thread in the techy area.

Anger 19-02-2012 08:32 PM

I think he made more bhp on JRM's Chris

C. J. 19-02-2012 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSurfer (Post 122934)
Yeh would be good to see the SRR plot with the ATW trace against the Sumo plot. Mayby wack em' in another thread in the techy area.

Mean the logs from the ecu for revs for boost , seems that the wrong gear ratio was used .

THE HOBBYMASTER 19-02-2012 08:48 PM

Great day at Sumo, really enjoyed the run down as well, not to fast and not to slow:-D All in all a top class day with a great bunch of fella's......
And for once I wasn't the only Hatch:getmecoat: LOL

Well done to all involved :worthy:

Scott.T 19-02-2012 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C. J. (Post 122936)
Mean the logs from the ecu for revs for boost , seems that the wrong gear ratio was used .

Not sure what gear was run as didn't witness Nick's. Maybe 4th which could explain the slight rise, along with the additional cooling (assuming SRR still run the 6-speed in 3rd).

2 Hawkeye's were also run. Niges mapped for decat maintaining PPP peak boost targets and an RB320 running stock exhaust (PPP map). Comparing these two to each other and also to my own (which has been both dyno'd and road dyno'd in both these configuratons), the figures all seem to stack up (within 1BHP ATW in some cases).
Also comparing Nick's and Clives, both recently run on 2 other rollers, the figures still pretty much tally. So I'm pretty confident with the accuracy of the JRM, SRR, RCM and for my own purposes, my road dyno figures/settings.

Just a shame that we have to mess with doing maths to get an ATF figure from the ATW plots @ JRM. As we all like to have bigger number of the two on the print-outs.

C. J. 19-02-2012 09:05 PM

Charlie runs different gears on six speeds depending on if it's a Jdm , uk or hawk.
It's the boost that's a bit strange as its 1100 rpm different to 1.5bar

Scott.T 19-02-2012 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C. J. (Post 122940)
Charlie runs different gears on six speeds depending on if it's a Jdm , uk or hawk.

Agree that's a bit strange, as quite a considerable difference.
Sure fire way to tell how it boost's is to log the same on the road, then compare to both RR plots (assuming what gear run is known).

Lucky 19-02-2012 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSurfer (Post 122926)
Well what can I say....
Thanks also to Sumo/JRM for letting the group wander around the facility and appreciate what a fantastic setup it is. Also for laying on the endless drinks and pizza.
Hopefully Sumo will get some pay back and some of you may use them for goods or services in the future.

Running the rolling road was a nice touch and something I don't think many clubs have had the benefit off. It certainly makes for a nice spectacle and was also good to see that the ATW figures for the 2 high power cars were very close to those recently achieved on other rollers.

The group of cars turning up on Hastings seafront was quite a sight to see, and I really wasn't expecting so many of you to join us for the last leg of the journey. I'm half expecting someone at work to tell me about all the Scoob's in town on Sunday LOL.....

Thanks again to everyone for turning up, and lastly.....what a great way to start 2012

Yuo are right mate, Hastings was a moment I wont forget. Watching peoples faces on the seafront as 30 odd scoobs rumbled by was brilliant.

C. J. 19-02-2012 09:19 PM

Mind you he may have developed a pre turbo exhaust leak

bobsta 19-02-2012 09:21 PM

Fantastic day sumo/JRM facility was amazing pizza was good too
Thanks to all that set today up :worthy:
Next time Granby were avoid the dip on m20 at speed
My arse left the seat lol

Anger 19-02-2012 09:31 PM

Great day today and thanks to JRM and Scott for organising :)

Scott.T 19-02-2012 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C. J. (Post 122944)
Mind you he may have developed a pre turbo exhaust leak

That could explain it.

Steve_PPP 19-02-2012 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSurfer (Post 122926)
Well what can I say....

Yep, pretty much what I would say as well. Great bunch of guys down there and it was fantastic to see such a huge turnout from everyone. We certainly surprised JRM when the queue kept coming into the car park :lol:

Must be the biggest turnout we've ever had for an SES organised meet? :ok:

Nige 19-02-2012 10:45 PM

Jrm also said it was there biggest turn out to date inc the MLR. :EVO:

Nige 19-02-2012 11:11 PM

http://i516.photobucket.com/albums/u...0/c8ac2892.jpg
http://i516.photobucket.com/albums/u...0/f4f79dda.mp4
http://i516.photobucket.com/albums/u...0/6880c83f.mp4
http://i516.photobucket.com/albums/u...0/f687b2af.jpg

Jason73 20-02-2012 06:14 AM

Thanks to all the guys at sumo/jrm for a top day out and also ses for organising it.:yeah: Really enjoyed getting the scoob on the rolling road:doubleup:only had it for 5 months so time to get saving and boost those numbers:ok:once again:thanx:

SeanMcKnetic 20-02-2012 07:04 AM

What an epic day. Thanks to SES for organising and Sumo/JRM for their hospitality.

Skullfudge's P1 is amazing. I love it.

Dave P 20-02-2012 07:36 AM

Thanks to JRM/Sumo and Scott (and anyone else at SES who was involved) for a great day

The best Subaru meet I have been too in years, well organised and fun :thanx:

worzel 20-02-2012 08:28 AM

Scott, what a fantastic job mate, big hats off to you :10:

Also, what a great reception from Sumo, we were so well looked after, that was great hospitality, many thanks :ok:

Great turn out and a great day, well done everyone involved.

Neil, It was great to catch up with you yesterday mate, Laura was happy too as she was sad at the thought of not seeing you in Germany :doubleup:

Jolly Green Monster 20-02-2012 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C. J. (Post 122940)

Gearing possibly set wrong.

Easy to see as peak will have moved on the power by same amount.

Nige 20-02-2012 09:00 AM

Not in any order & no editing
http://i516.photobucket.com/albums/u...0/f4f79dda.mp4

http://i516.photobucket.com/albums/u...0/387a6e75.mp4

http://i516.photobucket.com/albums/u...0/7a1728d2.mp4

Skullfudge 20-02-2012 09:33 AM

Good one Nige :)

That was funny when the calculations came out at 1050 bhp :whistle:

Great day put on by your fellow friends at Sumo / JRM mate, and nice hospitality.

Kerstin 20-02-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skullfudge (Post 122912)

RCM dyno 516 bhp
Sumo 518 bhp

How did that happen, Clive? :shock: