South East Scoobies

South East Scoobies (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/index.php)
-   Photography Discussion (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Air shows (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/showthread.php?t=10511)

Snow scoobie55 26-06-2011 03:17 PM

Air shows

Hi all

Does anyone on this site like or visit airshows around the uk and if so which ones and where. Really annoyed they have messed with Biggin Hill and that will not be the same as it was over the last few years. I will have to go to Waddington or RIAT again or may be Dunsfold. Anyone else have any suggestions on air shows in general?

munk 26-06-2011 03:25 PM

Subarmans your man on the air show front... Over and out !!:doubleup:

Snow scoobie55 26-06-2011 03:40 PM

Roger

munk 26-06-2011 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snow scoobie55 (Post 94092)
Roger

Keith I think....?:SMBLU:

666subaru 27-06-2011 05:12 AM

We are off to Fairford this year as always and we go to the pimms enclosure, will get some pics and put them up for all to see, its going to be a fantastic show this year too.:doubleup:

worzel 27-06-2011 08:32 AM

Airbourne on Eastbourne seafront is a great airshow, a free weekend event too, although Friday sometimes is a smaller display, no Red Arrows and some others.

WRX_Paul 27-06-2011 04:44 PM

I will be going to the Eastbourne Airshow and after seeing Baz's post I have now booked 2 tickets for the Fairford one on the sunday!! Looks GOOD

666subaru 27-06-2011 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WRX_Paul (Post 94261)
I will be going to the Eastbourne Airshow and after seeing Baz's post I have now booked 2 tickets for the Fairford one on the sunday!! Looks GOOD

Nice one Paul, have a great time im sure you will enjoy it:five:

Snow scoobie55 30-06-2011 02:21 PM

roger, roger thanks for your suggestions. I have been to both Eastbourne and RIAT and will be at both again this year. I am also going to see what Waddington and Yeovilton are like this year. Has anybody been to either of these as I can only find out what is says on their websites but they sound like they will be worth a visit as the USAF Thunderbirds and a MIG-29 will be the highlight of each event. So a good chance of some good pics if the weather holds for Waddington on Sunday of the Thunderbirds and I will post some on the site if they are ok. Be interesting to see them back to back with the Red Arrows as well.

666subaru 30-06-2011 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snow scoobie55 (Post 94712)
roger, roger thanks for your suggestions. I have been to both Eastbourne and RIAT and will be at both again this year. I am also going to see what Waddington and Yeovilton are like this year. Has anybody been to either of these as I can only find out what is says on their websites but they sound like they will be worth a visit as the USAF Thunderbirds and a MIG-29 will be the highlight of each event. So a good chance of some good pics if the weather holds for Waddington on Sunday of the Thunderbirds and I will post some on the site if they are ok. Be interesting to see them back to back with the Red Arrows as well.

Mig 29 is flying into Fairford but it will be on static display only, there is an A-10 warthog coming though:doubleup:

Snow scoobie55 30-06-2011 10:32 PM

I was looking into other airshows around the UK and found that a MIG-29 is being dispalyed by the Polish Air Force at the Yeovilton airshow on July 9 so it should be a good show to visit and worth a trip to Somerset via the good old A303. Its not the only fast jet to display as the Red Arrows and the Vulcan will also be there so if you are inerested then here is the link on what is flying on the day. http://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/operatio...tors/index.htm
I have seen the A-10 warthog before during what used to be called a fiire power demonstration at Warminster when it did more than just make pretty shapes in the sky and used its fantastic gatling gun on the nearby hillside. :doubleup: Hopefully it won't be using that during RIAT but it is still a great bit of flying kit none the less. Well worth seeing.

666subaru 01-07-2011 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snow scoobie55 (Post 94771)
I was looking into other airshows around the UK and found that a MIG-29 is being dispalyed by the Polish Air Force at the Yeovilton airshow on July 9 so it should be a good show to visit and worth a trip to Somerset via the good old A303. Its not the only fast jet to display as the Red Arrows and the Vulcan will also be there so if you are inerested then here is the link on what is flying on the day. http://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/operatio...tors/index.htm
I have seen the A-10 warthog before during what used to be called a fiire power demonstration at Warminster when it did more than just make pretty shapes in the sky and used its fantastic gatling gun on the nearby hillside. :doubleup: Hopefully it won't be using that during RIAT but it is still a great bit of flying kit none the less. Well worth seeing.

Ill look into that buddy cheers for the info:ok:, the Mig 29 is an awesome plane, there is a couple of special formation flybys this year like last and the vulcan is coming again, cant wait just 2 weeks away now.:ok:

Snow scoobie55 01-07-2011 01:09 PM

I have stuck some of my pics onto flickr rather than clog up the forum so anyone who wants to have a look and pass comment are welcome. Shots range from Biggin Hill to RIAT and Eastbourne to Dunsfold. Enjoy. :doubleup: