South East Scoobies

South East Scoobies (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/index.php)
-   Non Scooby / Non Car Related (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   aaaarrrrggghhhhh!!!!!! (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/showthread.php?t=16204)

thepieman 15-08-2013 12:22 PM

aaaarrrrggghhhhh!!!!!!

As some will know, We have been going through the house purchase from hell! which has meant everything has been thrown up in the air and the whole family has been in limbo for ages!! Things are finaly progressing (fingers crossed next couple of weeks) and hopefuly things will settle down a bit and life can get back to some normality.

Anyway, yesterday I was making coffee in the morning when wifey can be heard running across the landing, down the stairs screaming!!! as she passes the kitchen door, she shouts "your ponds empty"!!!!!

We run out to find a completely empty pond with all the fish laying dead on the bottom:sadnod: Rush with the hose to put some water in, just in case and a couple of the fish struggle for life.

Started on trying to save as many as we could and managed to revive 5 out of the 15........ dissapointing things is, I lost ALL of my koi and my sturgeon:sadnod:

Gutted is an understatement!! looks like one of the filter hose seals went and the pump pushed all the water out! annoyingly the cut offs didn't work, have two in place, one cuts power to pump and one to close the water hose.. (or supposed to)

So upset by it that not going to build a new pond at the new house, so all the surviving fish have gone off this morning to my sisters pond... along with all my fishy stuff:sadnod:

anyone with fish will know just how I feel at the moment!!! also something I could have done without at the moment......

Sti mayhew 15-08-2013 12:26 PM

It never rains but it poors mate, that is an awful thing to have happened. Must be so upsetting and like you say it all happens at the same time

bigemp 15-08-2013 01:02 PM

Sorry to hear that ron,thats a right ****ter :(

HYDROSCOBY 15-08-2013 01:10 PM

sorry to hear that but as u say hopefuly all will settle soon for u

Lucky 15-08-2013 01:42 PM

Thats a real shame mate. As you say, a lot of time and effort goes into these things just for something silly to go wrong. Hopefully the move is sorting itsaelf now. Been a long haul.

Steve_PPP 15-08-2013 01:43 PM

Oh bugger mate :(

Had a similar thing when i was a teenager (built a pond at my parents house), seal went on a filtration box and all the water being pumped through ended up leaking out. Luckily the water all ended up on a small paved path/patio area so it was spotted before the pond got low (and we didn't have koi either).

Hongkongfooi 15-08-2013 01:50 PM

did you try mouth to mouth? (sorry just trying to lighten the mood)

that's a real shame mate. The house down the road from me is still for sale btw:wink:

BIG"E" 15-08-2013 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hongkongfooi (Post 169295)
did you try mouth to mouth? (sorry just trying to lighten the mood

I would have sparked up the BBQ....:lol:

Sorry to hear this Ron.:doubledown:

Scooby_Greg 15-08-2013 03:03 PM

Sorry to hear that mate. It was lucky you were around and able to save the 5.

riiidaa 15-08-2013 04:36 PM

horrific news

Bolesroor 15-08-2013 05:58 PM

Sorry to hear about this Ron,one man`s passion and all that, life can be a *hit when things like this happen at least you managed to save a few.

The Handbrake 15-08-2013 08:15 PM

Sorry to hear this :sadno:

simba 15-08-2013 09:47 PM

Oh mate really sorry to hear that

Banstead Stig 15-08-2013 10:14 PM

Sorry to see this.

I know just how you feel, albeit I have always had tanks not ponds. Lost a whole load due to a filter failure while I was away that wasn't spotted by my friend that was looking after them.

GB270Adam 16-08-2013 07:39 AM

Really sorry to here this Ron, my old man has Koi and I know what he'd be like if he lost them.

NorthDownsScooby 16-08-2013 08:07 AM

Oh that sucks matey.

XRS 16-08-2013 09:53 AM

Bad luck Ron. Our neighbours' fish get eaten by herons from time to time whatever precautions they take. That's always a bummer as they seem to like the big fish best.

scoobie_paul 16-08-2013 07:04 PM

I had a 1200 litre tank split on me a couple of years back and we were in a flat above a shop at the time it dumped the whole lot through into the shop :-/ i was gutted but not as gutted as the shop owners! !

Sad news m8 its soul destroying when you put so much time and effort into something anf in an instants that time and effort is wasted!