South East Scoobies

South East Scoobies (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/index.php)
-   Chassis Tuning (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Anti-lift kit's (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/showthread.php?t=1168)

Scooby Wez 24-03-2009 07:38 PM

Anti-lift kit's

I have got a rear 22mmsrb coming but have read on the net that they work well with a anti-lift kit.Now as the arb will be on for the geo day if the anti-lift is a good idea would like to get that fitted before as well.So do they work is the question ????

Scott.T 24-03-2009 07:51 PM

Re: Anti-lift kit's

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scooby Wez
I have got a rear 22mmsrb coming but have read on the net that they work well with a anti-lift kit.Now as the arb will be on for the geo day if the anti-lift is a good idea would like to get that fitted before as well.So do they work is the question ????

never felt the need for the anti-lift kit myself, although some on here have fitted it.
IMHO the front is best left un-touched with roll bars and link upgrades as you end up undoing all the good work you done by fitting them at the back i.e it re-introduces more understeer.

Crowman 24-03-2009 07:58 PM

I have anti lift kit and 22mm arb plus solid drop links, got arb set on 3rd setting, car handles very much like rear wheel drive, which suits me on track, is fun but little skitty on the road.
Would not really recomend these same settings/set up for road.

Scooby Wez 24-03-2009 08:10 PM

Thanks i think i will keep the money as i will not be doing track work just keeping to the road.

Crowman 25-03-2009 05:46 PM

It is a definate worthwhile mod for the road, what i am saying is dont set the arb on stiffest, makes car behave like rwd.

Prodrive Tony 29-06-2009 11:08 PM

Ive got the 25mm Perrin's and they are always on the softest, like the fella said the tail slides around too much :doubleup:

Spongebob2 30-06-2009 07:40 AM

i got anti lift, perrin 22 front on softest, 25 rear on middle, not had the arse come round yet but its set for slight oversteer, but i can never understand why people would set up to get understeer rather than oversteer, you can go round a bend sideways but not if you just go straight on into the hedge

Prodrive Tony 01-08-2009 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spongebob
i got anti lift, perrin 22 front on softest, 25 rear on middle, not had the arse come round yet but its set for slight oversteer, but i can never understand why people would set up to get understeer rather than oversteer, you can go round a bend sideways but not if you just go straight on into the hedge

Good point :doubleup:

The Gimp 25-11-2009 08:22 AM

I've got the full Stage 3 kit from Powerstation on my car now.

I added bits and bobs as I went along and the anti lift kit (ALK) makes a massive difference!!

Running a 24mm rear and 22mm front roll bar.

Steve