South East Scoobies

South East Scoobies (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/index.php)
-   Goodwood Events (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/forumdisplay.php?f=207)
-   -   Goodwood Festival of Speed - no free tickets this year? (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/showthread.php?t=10297)

XRS 12-06-2011 11:01 AM

Goodwood Festival of Speed - no free tickets this year?

Have been a few times on the Friday with Sunday Times free tickets ( and last year thanks to MIDLIFE :) ) but it appears that the FoS has changed its media partner to the Daily Telegraph, who are offering subscribers tickets to the Thursday. Nothing on the Sunday Times site that I can see :(

Does anyone know where I can find a couple of free tickets please?

Scott.T 12-06-2011 11:57 AM

Nope gonna have to pay this year :(

Sandman 12-06-2011 12:03 PM

i wouldnt mind a couple of free tickets for the thursday, as the friday, saturday and sunday im in Milton Keynes (watching Foo Fighters and Biffy Clyro :) )

666subaru 12-06-2011 12:10 PM

I have 2 free tickets for thursday already:drive::ok: good old autotrader.

Sandman 12-06-2011 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 666subaru (Post 91566)
I have 2 free tickets for thursday already:drive::ok: good old autotrader.

nice one baz :ok:

Steve_PPP 12-06-2011 03:43 PM

Don't think we're gonna make it this year :(

Its a brilliant day out but can't do the thurs/fri due to work stuff, and the sat/sun would probably cost us more than £150 once adding in food/drink etc.

Steve_PPP 12-06-2011 08:32 PM

Been watching them on eBay and just seen one go for more than face value with postage. Leave it till the Monday, check the forecast and then order the ticket and collect at the gate in the morning, still worth the £37 seeing as I haven't paid for the last 6 years.
I'm off to MK on the Sunday to see the Foos too :)

XRS 13-06-2011 07:49 AM

Not sure I'm prepared to pay. I guess I'll just have to go to the Brands Hatch Superprix on the Sunday.

Us retired folk can't afford to pay to go to too many events ;)

WRX_Paul 13-06-2011 09:17 AM

It is a good event but definitely not worth what they charge, but I go when I can get a free ticket

Scott.T 13-06-2011 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WRX_Paul (Post 91694)
It is a good event but definitely not worth what they charge, but I go when I can get a free ticket

Don't agree, its the best event in the UK by a long shot, so well organised.
Cheap when u consider what F1 GP would cost, and it's local too.....

Scooby_Greg 13-06-2011 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XRS (Post 91561)
Have been a few times on the Friday with Sunday Times free tickets ( and last year thanks to MIDLIFE :) ) but it appears that the FoS has changed its media partner to the Daily Telegraph, who are offering subscribers tickets to the Thursday. Nothing on the Sunday Times site that I can see :(

Does anyone know where I can find a couple of free tickets please?

Just use the telegraph promotional code on the goodwood website booking page once you have the thursday tickets in your basket. You should get free tickets for the Thursday Moving Show. I think the code is MMSTELE11 or something similar. (sorry on a v slow iPhone at the mo so cannot check) Let me know if it works!

Steve_PPP 13-06-2011 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scooby_Greg (Post 91808)
Just use the telegraph promotional code on the goodwood website booking page once you have the thursday tickets in your basket. You should get free tickets for the Thursday Moving Show. I think the code is MMSTELE11 or something similar. (sorry on a v slow iPhone at the mo so cannot check) Let me know if it works!

Nice one Greg, cheers :10:

Just tried it and it works. Free Thursday tickets, and no postage either :ok: Still don't know if i can go due to work, but at least i've got some on the way just in case!

Sandman 13-06-2011 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_PPP (Post 91881)
Nice one Greg, cheers :10:

Just tried it and it works. Free Thursday tickets, and no postage either :ok: Still don't know if i can go due to work, but at least i've got some on the way just in case!

same here, but couldnt get childrens tickets :-(..definatly can go, but as wife might be using the car, may need a lift..lol

Claire_PPP 13-06-2011 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_PPP (Post 91881)
i've got some on the way ...

Good work Greg! Cinderella may yet go to the ball! :doubleup:

XRS 14-06-2011 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scooby_Greg (Post 91808)

That's great thanks, I'll have a go. Have to see if my son can get Thursday off instead of Friday. :)

Sandman 14-06-2011 10:08 AM

just an update, when i ordered my free tickets, i could not order the 2 childrens tickets, so i rang the ticket desk this morning, and now also have the 2 free childrens tickets on order:doubleup:

Steve_PPP 18-06-2011 12:10 PM

my free tickets for the Thursday turned up this morning :mrgreen:

Scooby_Greg 18-06-2011 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_PPP (Post 92607)
my free tickets for the Thursday turned up this morning :mrgreen:

Me too :)

Moley_WRX 20-06-2011 10:26 PM

I'll be there on the Sunday

MIDLIFE 22-06-2011 10:06 PM

Email today said I have got free tickets. Not sure which day they are for?

MIDLIFE 28-06-2011 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIDLIFE (Post 93536)
Email today said I have got free tickets. Not sure which day they are for?

Just received two tickets for the thursday, not for the goodwood festival of speed? Think it is a autotrader run thing so will not be going. If anyone wants the tickets let me know:ok:

Steve_PPP 29-06-2011 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIDLIFE (Post 94419)
Just received two tickets for the thursday, not for the goodwood festival of speed? Think it is a autotrader run thing so will not be going. If anyone wants the tickets let me know:ok:

Tomorrow is the Moving Motor Show. I went to this last year and for a freebie its worth doing.

Its basically the full Festival of Speed without the cars running up the hill, or the rally stage in action. All of the big manufacturer stands are there, the paddocks are usually setting up in the morning so all there in the afternoon. I filled an 8am-5pm day last year still without getting bored!

And i'm going again tomorrow :nod:

MIDLIFE 29-06-2011 09:21 PM

Tickets still available :smile:

Justin 30-06-2011 12:45 PM

I'll be there on the Saturday

D3MAN 30-06-2011 01:56 PM

Sunday for me

Steve_PPP 30-06-2011 10:15 PM

great day out today at the moving motor show, managed to easily fill the day and luckily the rain stayed away (despite going very grey and dark about 3pm, thought we were gonna get soaked).

will post some photos up tomorrow hopefully, hope anyone who's going over the weekend has a good one :)

Scooby_Greg 01-07-2011 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_PPP (Post 94769)
great day out today at the moving motor show, managed to easily fill the day and luckily the rain stayed away (despite going very grey and dark about 3pm, thought we were gonna get soaked).

will post some photos up tomorrow hopefully, hope anyone who's going over the weekend has a good one :)

Really enjoyed it too! Seemed better organised this year.

Steve_PPP 01-07-2011 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scooby_Greg (Post 94784)
Really enjoyed it too! Seemed better organised this year.

I forgot you were going on the Thursday as well!

I agree it seemed better organised, and they'd clearly learnt some lessons about the motor show hall area - open sided this year meant it wasn't like an oven, and no public walking in front of moving vehicles all the time!

tbtstt 01-07-2011 12:22 PM

I've been the last few years religously but I wasn't as fussed this year so I didn't book any tickets.

I started seeing previews of all the cars that are going to be there this week though and now I'm wishing I'd have put some money aside to get down there!

Have fun to all those going: and take lots of picture! :ok:

Scott.T 01-07-2011 06:48 PM

Friday was another great day, infact I'm still here having a pasty and drink before hitting the hike back to the car......

Steve_PPP 01-07-2011 11:04 PM

Must be the first time it's taken longer to get home than it did to get there,
Another stonking day, shame about my spare battery only lasting for 3 photos though :-(

Steve_PPP 01-07-2011 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shane (Post 94939)
Must be the first time it's taken longer to get home than it did to get there,

Wasn't any better yesterday, took me an hour to get from Goodwood to Crossbush! :(

Oh well, thanks to Nick and Sian, there was a cold Warsteiner waiting for me at Littlehampton! :)