South East Scoobies

South East Scoobies (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/index.php)
-   News and Announcements (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Face twitter (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/showthread.php?t=9068)

Nige 07-08-2012 10:18 PM

Face twitter

I know I'm old & out of touch. As this forum is quiet at the moment I've been told lots of members are on facebook. As we seem to be in a bit of trouble right now it might be a good idea to post here. This will help bring back the interest & general banter the forum has lost. Just my opinion guy's.:whistle:

Anger 07-08-2012 10:21 PM

Ffs I came of FB to read this.... Back I go ;)

Steve_PPP 07-08-2012 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nige (Post 94457)
I know I'm old & out of touch. As this forum is quiet at the moment I've been told lots of members are on facebook. As we seem to be in a bit of trouble right now it might be a good idea to post here. This will help bring back the interest & general banter the forum has lost. Just my opinion guy's.:whistle:

:agreed:

ralliart didz 07-08-2012 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anger (Post 94458)
Ffs I came of FB to read this.... Back I go ;)

:rofl::rofl: i dont have a fakebook account :doubledown:

Mortster 07-08-2012 11:18 PM

Im allways here, even if im in deepest Surrey Now. 8-)

majorscooby 08-08-2012 09:06 AM

Think I'm going to drop out from Ses FB page, fire up the laptop like the good old days and spend some more time in here!

2-jaffacake-tone 08-08-2012 09:09 AM

Nige ur find quite a few members have face book because its the 20th Century,its so easy to put a pic up an see whats going on with people, because its an app on my phone I get notifications telling me when somthink happens, Banter on facebook, car stuff on the fourm, I'd rather come on here an read 2 interesting threads, rather than a page full of crap, I don't know what's going on with the fourm, but what I do know it people take this fourm lark far to seriously. I couldn't think of anythink worse than coming on here an reading Facebook type threads!

Tomma 08-08-2012 11:10 AM

Ha! I din't even know there was an SES Facebook page!

Don't have an account on there, mainly because of work but also because I don't want to be contacted by loads of D@@@heads from yesteryear.... If I liked you I would of stayed friends with you the day after we left school!!

Quick search on google will show Faceboob or whatever it is has had a massive impact on loads of forums...... people find it easier to press 'I like' than log into an account and actually type something.... it's like having 2000 free minutes a month on your phone contract and then spend your whole life texting everyone... whats the point?

Facebook is used by people from all walks of life, apparantly lots of people joined a week ago last year...... something about free phones if you can cover your face and smash a window??

Forums are for specific interests, facebook I thought was just a way of staying in contact with people but over the years has developed into something quite different!

FACT FOR THE DAY: there's a forum in Japan called '2channel' which has over 2 million thread posts a day! not too shabby for a forum!

Long live www.southeastscoobies.co.uk !!!

andy-m 08-08-2012 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2-jaffacake-tone (Post 94480)
Nige ur find quite a few members have face book because its the 20th Century,its so easy to put a pic up an see whats going on with people, because its an app on my phone I get notifications telling me when somthink happens, Banter on facebook, car stuff on the fourm, I'd rather come on here an read 2 interesting threads, rather than a page full of crap, I don't know what's going on with the fourm, but what I do know it people take this fourm lark far to seriously. I couldn't think of anythink worse than coming on here an reading Facebook type threads!

oh balls, theres no "like" button on here for me to click

Steve_PPP 08-08-2012 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomma (Post 94491)
Facebook is used by people from all walks of life, apparantly lots of people joined a week ago last year...... something about free phones if you can cover your face and smash a window??

:rofl: :rofl:

Thanks, that brightened up my mood :mrgreen:

SeanMcKnetic 08-08-2012 12:42 PM

Quote:

its the 20th Century

Errr...

Anger 08-08-2012 02:15 PM

I deleted the SES FB page 2 weeks ago

Juppy 08-08-2012 04:24 PM

im a member on the facebook page but dont use it anymore, this forum is much better in my opinion.

Skullfudge 08-08-2012 05:26 PM

I dont do FB for many reasons.

A forum such as this is a lot more direct to the point of what we all love.

Subaru's (and in some cases Evo's :)

For everything else in life there a things called emails and phones.

Tomma 08-08-2012 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skullfudge (Post 94522)
A forum such as this is a lot more direct to the point of what we all love.

Subaru's (and in some cases Evo's :)

For everything else in life there a things called emails and phones.

Hit the nail on the head there I think!

Crowman 08-08-2012 05:54 PM

Quote:

Perfectly said Tone

FB is a chat room for banter and quick reference stuff.

I will admit that the FB group has had some posts that are more suited to this forum and I am working to direct these threads over hear where all SES members can beniefit, not just those with a FB account.

Crowman 08-08-2012 06:01 PM

One more thing I want to say on the FB subject.
Guys remember it's your choice who you accept as a friend and also if you set your privacy to friends and family only , you will only ever have contact with your friends and family.

Sorry but people who say things like " who wants to hear about what someone had for breakfast" are the ones who have 100"s of friends who they have never met and have there privacy set to allow friends of friends access. It's your own bloody fault !!!

I personally love to see pictures and posts of my nieces children, my nieces, my close friends and there family , it's a lovely way in this modern era to keep in touch and up to date.

So all you moaners about FB , do these two things
1. Delete all your so called friends unless you do actually know them
2. Set your privacy to just friends and family

Problem solved

Now please shut up :-)