South East Scoobies

South East Scoobies (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/index.php)
-   The Ring Zone (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   Urgent Message To Ring 2010 Drivers: PLEASE READ THIS (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/showthread.php?t=4740)

worzel 25-05-2010 04:24 PM

Urgent Message To Ring 2010 Drivers: PLEASE READ THIS

SORRY TO KEEP GOING ON ABOUT THIS STUFF, PLEASE CAN EVERYONE READ THIS THREAD FROM START TO FINISH AS A LAST DOUBLE CHECK FOR WHAT YOU NEED.

A quick reminder to you all with reference the check list thread.

You only have a couple of days now, to get the stuff on the list.

Do not forget all of these Documents:

Passports
European Breakdown Including Re-patriation
European Insurance Cover
Track Insurance (if required or wanted)
Driving License (Including Counterpart)
Norfolk Line Confirmation E-mail
Health Cover E111

-------------------------------------------------------------

If you are tugged for any reason without the following things, you will get an on the spot fine. So please make the effort to sort these out.

Spare Bulbs
Hi Vis Vests (1 for each person in the car)
Warning Triangle
First Aid Kit
Fire Extinguisher
GB Sticker (if you don't have a new style GB Plate)
Beam Deflectors

You can buy all of the above on the ferry if needed, but you WILL pay well over the odds for that privilage.

------------------------------------------------------------------

The other stuff you really ought to make sure you bring:

Octane Booster
Oil
Locking Wheel Nut Key

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally, please remember to keep back enough Euros to pay Jacqueline at check out.

To include 3 x nights @ 68 euros per night (per room)
PLUS enough to cover the 2 meals we are having there and drinks.

Cheers y'all
Steve

Lucky 25-05-2010 04:40 PM

Thatnks Steve. Looks like i'm home and dry!!:drive::drive::drive:

alfa male 25-05-2010 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by worzel (Post 50097)

The other stuff you really ought to make sure you bring:

Octane Booster
Oil
Locking Wheel Nut Key

I would recommend walky talkies also, its a very easy way to stay in contact and a really good giggle, over and out!

Only two more sleeps Woohoo! :drive: :chug: :chinese: :chug: :tequila:

alfa male 25-05-2010 07:57 PM

Just tried on my wig and i look like a proper twat! Bring it on!

Nige 25-05-2010 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alfa male (Post 50124)
Just tried on my wig and i look like a proper twat! Bring it on!

You did anyway :lol::five:

alfa male 25-05-2010 08:27 PM

Carry on like that and you will not make it to Germany! lol

BIG"E" 25-05-2010 09:19 PM

For anyone that needs any other info,

http://www.drive-alive.co.uk/driving_tips.html

:drive::drive::drive::drive::drive::drive::drive: :drive::drive:

Scott.T 25-05-2010 09:28 PM

Steve,

Are you double sure that Ian didn't spot me in his car with the lappy on Saturday.
I forgot to thank Dave H for the loan of the big man's keys whilst it was in the workshop ;).... now what was the sequence of events...4th gear full boost, 5th gear full boost...flash check engine light. Or was it 5th gear full boost, 6th gear full boost, engage 69mph speed limiter ;)...oh well I'll guess he'll find out sooner or later.

Crowman 25-05-2010 09:30 PM

Not had time for wig and tash,nor has steve,Spare tash anyone.

Hey i could shave the old front bits and make a pubetastic tash:mrgreen:

Anger 25-05-2010 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crowman (Post 50143)

Same here and doubt at the rate im going i will... with sorting the car and trying to finish jobs in time

BIG"E" 25-05-2010 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crowman (Post 50143)

Wigs and tashes at:

with next day delivery no excuses.:doubleup:

BIG"E" 25-05-2010 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSurfer (Post 50142)
Steve,

Are you double sure that Ian didn't spot me in his car with the lappy on Saturday.
I forgot to thank Dave H for the loan of the big man's keys whilst it was in the workshop ;).... now what was the sequence of events...4th gear full boost, 5th gear full boost...flash check engine light. Or was it 5th gear full boost, 6th gear full boost, engage 69mph speed limiter ;)...oh well I'll guess he'll find out sooner or later.

Ha ha very funny not.:splat::splat:

worzel 25-05-2010 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSurfer (Post 50142)
Steve,

Will he risk it now though...... :norty:

worzel 26-05-2010 12:53 PM

If anyone hasn't got this stuff yet. Halfrauds sell a "Motoring Abroad Kit" for £29.99. Which has 1ts Aid Kit / Warning Triangle / Beam Deflectors / Hi Vis Vest / GB Sticker.

Not a bad price at all and a lot less than you'll pay on the ferry for sure.

Scott.T 26-05-2010 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by worzel (Post 50208)
If anyone hasn't got this stuff yet. Halfrauds sell a "Motoring Abroad Kit" for £29.99. Which has 1ts Aid Kit / Warning Triangle / Beam Deflectors / Hi Vis Vest / GB Sticker.

Not a bad price at all and a lot less than you'll pay on the ferry for sure.

Something similar also in Tesco, but maybe only Tesco Extra.

Lucky 26-05-2010 03:40 PM

I just had a wet trouser moment!!!. Looked at my booking confirmation for 28th and it was for 8pm not 8am!!!!!!! :angst::angst::angst::angst::-o:-o:-o. Just phoned and got it changed :ok:

worzel 26-05-2010 04:27 PM

They are pretty good at Norfolk Line. Unlike the others, I would actually recommend these to anyone :nod:

Did they e-mail you a new confirmation?

Lucky 26-05-2010 04:36 PM

Yep, all done.

Anger 27-05-2010 12:13 AM

I asked if i could change to 8am and they wanted to charge me an extra £80... No fooking chance

worzel 27-05-2010 08:38 AM

You are fookin joking! :shock:

That is taking the piss, they did it for Lucky no problem. I would try again, you may have just got a proper unhelpful cnut.

Mention you are in a group of cars and the only one not on that ferry. There must be room, if they were willing to charge you for the pleasure.

It's worth the cost of a call mate.

Good luck. :doubleup:

Anger 27-05-2010 09:18 AM

that was the second person i spoke to this week.... I could do it free at the port only

So looks like early bird catches the worm or 6am ferry lol

stiggy 27-05-2010 09:23 AM

Just wanted to wish everyone going a fun filled and mainy SAFE trip so have a great time and enjoy the ride :drive::drive::drive::drive: Looking forward to the pics and Vid's take care... oh and watch out for that EVO thing!!!!

worzel 27-05-2010 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anger (Post 50301)
that was the second person i spoke to this week.... I could do it free at the port only

So looks like early bird catches the worm or 6am ferry lol

Thats an absolute gutter mate :sadnod:

You could always have a kip the other side though I suppose.

worzel 27-05-2010 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stiggy (Post 50303)
Just wanted to wish everyone going a fun filled and mainy SAFE trip so have a great time and enjoy the ride :drive::drive::drive::drive: Looking forward to the pics and Vid's take care... oh and watch out for that EVO thing!!!!

Thanks Stiggy, lets hope for a safe and trouble free trip this year.

And as for Secret Squirrels Evo......... It'll be damned near impossible to keep up with him. The secretive little bugger that he is.

I do actually know whats what with it (roughly) and it is very very impressive. :10:

BIG"E" 27-05-2010 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stiggy (Post 50303)

:thanx: Cheers Stiggy may next year you can get a portable tent put if over your scoob and join us.

That way it should keep it clean, it might slow you down just a tad though.:drive::drive:

Nige 27-05-2010 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by worzel (Post 50306)
Thanks Stiggy, lets hope for a safe and trouble free trip this year.

And as for Secret Squirrels Evo......... It'll be damned near impossible to keep up with him. The secretive little bugger that he is.

I do actually know whats what with it (roughly) and it is very very impressive. :10:

There are a couple of Scoobs running more power than me + 500cc bigger engines. My car will not be the quickest there by far. It will however do the twisty bit's well [i hope] This will be a bit of a test for it on the way :drive:Mr Worzel with all your trick bit's under your Scoob you should be able to put a bit of a show on mate :wink: Keep an eye out for Jimmy in his Alfa he is a very good Peddler & wont take any prisoners on the twisty's :drive:

Crowman 27-05-2010 04:55 PM

BIG E, Steve will be pleased to know there is now an alfa coming

alfa male 27-05-2010 07:44 PM

Woohoo! Alfa! Fingers crossed for you my friend, as im on my second engine, but the best cars to drive imo! (waiting for all the slagging out there!)

Nige 27-05-2010 08:15 PM

I did have an Alfa sud once......I then swept it up & put it in the bin. I must admit they have got allot better . Jimmy's isn't the best looked after car & there is no rust on it. He can out handle car's that should eat him up. I put that down to his driving skills. I think Jimmy's car is a 2.0litre 150bhp & is quite heavy. He can make it move though & will get to Germany on 1 tank of fuel [possibly]:drive: