South East Scoobies

South East Scoobies (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/index.php)
-   General Mechanics (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   New de-cat down pipe (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/showthread.php?t=1308)

majorscooby 21-04-2009 05:09 PM

New de-cat down pipe

Picked up my new de-cat down pipe today from Haywards and scott! £240 for cash
[img]http://i373.photobucket.com/albums/oo180/majorscooby/IMGP1640.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i373.photobucket.com/albums/oo180/majorscooby/IMGP1641.jpg[/img]
just gotta get it fitted then ask Mr silversurfer/scott nicely if he can take a look at a mapping session before germany! ;)

Steve_PPP 21-04-2009 05:39 PM

Re: New de-cat down pipe

shiny :mrgreen:

i really need to get round to getting rid of my standard downpipe. its on the list. just not at the top yet :doh:

BIG"E" 21-04-2009 06:04 PM

OMG..

Theres no stoping him now. :rofl: :rofl:

Very nice. :doubleup:

C. J. 21-04-2009 06:26 PM

:10: Not hard to fit ,
down pipe & cetre decatt nice :)

Crowman 21-04-2009 06:45 PM

Good man.
Great gains from this mod :10:
Did you get gaskets

herbert 21-04-2009 07:43 PM

looking good now m8 :10:

u will win are little races now :doubleup:

Scott.T 21-04-2009 08:46 PM

Nice bit of kit H&S...which remnds me I have a new decat centre of there's sat in the shed (it's a long story).
tempted to sling it on, and remove my H&S Resonated pipe for a bit more volume (about 2dB to be precise).

Crowman 21-04-2009 09:10 PM

Rich
Are you going to heat wrap it.

majorscooby 21-04-2009 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crowman
Rich
Are you going to heat wrap it.

Do you think i should and what are the gains from heat wrapping! :confused:
And no gaskets yet will pick up from gatwick subaru tommo hopfully!

Scooby Wez 21-04-2009 10:38 PM

I did not wrap mine as i like the extra whistle you get :doubleup: and the wraping takes this away. I think from bit's i have looked at wraping is to do with gas flowing faster as it's hotter but no great gains in power but i could be wrong :getmecoat:

omen46 22-04-2009 03:09 PM

good boy rich!!! get it on asap,,, u will love it!! will hear u coming now!!!!

majorscooby 22-04-2009 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crowman
Good man.
Great gains from this mod :10:
Did you get gaskets

Got my main turbo to down pipe gasket today and had to order the other two from scoobyparts. :( (wanna do the job properly!!!)
fairly cheap though and i got discount on the gasket from the main dealer due to membership of SIDC. :doubleup:

Crowman 22-04-2009 07:57 PM

Nice one mate. :doubleup:

majorscooby 27-04-2009 10:02 PM

Well what can i say! What a massive difference from a de-cat. More responsive, more pull and a better exhaust note!!!
A big thank you to Jaffa for his time and effort and thank you to Big E for his loving support keeping becky amused :10: :10: (Sorry we couldn't stay for tea 'E' next time for defo) cheers for the pressie ;)

Oh and Nige i love the turbo spool whistle even though i did wrap just the down pipe!!!!!!!!!

Steve_PPP 27-04-2009 10:30 PM

be interested to see what you get from getting it mapped (i assume you're having it done before going to the ring?)

Our cars were pretty much identical at the rolling road day in terms of exhaust (both still having standard downpipe) and bhp achieved......

majorscooby 28-04-2009 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_PPP
be interested to see what you get from getting it mapped (i assume you're having it done before going to the ring?)

Our cars were pretty much identical at the rolling road day in terms of exhaust (both still having standard downpipe) and bhp achieved......

Yes mate its definitely interesting as they were pretty level on the rollers. kinda keeps you thinking whats worth doing mod wise!? Would like it mapped if scott has the time before we go but hes booked right up and now i should have a cam belt service before i go as ive just hit the 45,000 mile mark. :roll:
Another rolling road day could be good 'BIG E' (hint hint) later on in the year and possibly at another venue if poss (not that theres anything wrong with surrey) , just to see if the results differ much on a different set of rollers.
Im sure theres a few people that would go with that idea :paranoid:

Scott.T 28-04-2009 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by majorscooby
Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_PPP

Yes mate its definitely interesting as they were pretty level on the rollers. kinda keeps you thinking whats worth doing mod wise!? Would like it mapped if scott has the time before we go but hes booked right up and now i should have a cam belt service before i go as ive just hit the 45,000 mile mark. :roll:
Another rolling road day could be good 'BIG E' (hint hint) later on in the year and possibly at another venue if poss (not that theres anything wrong with surrey) , just to see if the results differ much on a different set of rollers.
Im sure theres a few people that would go with that idea :paranoid:

The only risk with going to another rollers is u end up with a completley different set of results i.e your 250 at SRR may end up 252 on another even with the decat.
Jumping around rolling roads is always gonna give you various results of +/-15%, so best to stick with one you know/used before. they will also have your last runs on file to compare against to see where any losses or gains are.

P.S Will try and fit you in before the ring......16th maybe ??

worzel 28-04-2009 08:22 PM

Don't make him too quick though Scott ;)

His car would be much quicker if it was more aerodynamic, for example, getting the back box on straight :mrgreen:

Only kidding fella :five:

BIG"E" 28-04-2009 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by worzel

His car would be much quicker if it was more aerodynamic, for example, getting the back box on straight :mrgreen:

He also now has a new spliter. :lol: :lol:

Cant think where it game from, WRX spliter for a WRX

Scott.T 28-04-2009 08:36 PM

Quote:

OK will make it quick to 60, then rev limit it to 3,000 rpm in 3rd/4th & 5th.

majorscooby 28-04-2009 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSurfer
Quote:

His car would be much quicker if it was more aerodynamic, for example, getting the back box on straight :mrgree

OK will make it quick to 60, then rev limit it to 3,000 rpm in 3rd/4th & 5th.

Oh dear, you guys crack me up ya buggers!! :rofl: 16th is good with me scott! :doubleup: