South East Scoobies

South East Scoobies (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/index.php)
-   General Mechanics (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Some money to spare for upgrade (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/showthread.php?t=5855)

scoobaru 11-09-2010 07:34 PM

Some money to spare for upgrade

Hello there people, i have some money coming in shortly and looking to spend it on the car. My thinking is maybe,

vf37 turbo,
DEcat up pipe,
Apexi race cat downpipe,
Sti intercooler ( can someone maybe explain the difference between the wrx and sti as all i can see is the graphics)
Remap.

I have a version 7 wrx. Maybe someone would be interested in fit and map?? Who knows. Is there any more suggestions my budget is max £1700 but there could be more!! Opinions welcome.

Thanks Guys Ryan:five:

Mortster 11-09-2010 08:19 PM

Have you done brakes/handling already then? I know everyone says it, but its true. No point in having extra power, if the first time you use it, you end up in a hedge.

The Sti intercooler is bigger, therefore a greater volume of air can be cooled, with that your'll also need the undertray and the scoop.

If changing turbo, Id change injectors and fuel pump at the same time, or you'll just have to do it in the future, with yet another map. ;-)

DukeBoy 11-09-2010 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mortster (Post 61362)
The Sti intercooler is bigger, therefore a greater volume of air can be cooled, with that your'll also need the undertray and the scoop.

I have an STi 7 scoop in wr blue (o2c) complete with undertray £100 if required :norty:

SpecB 11-09-2010 08:56 PM

As it happens I also have an ECUTek licensed ECU available soon which the might JGM could fit saving you the license fee (plus also some Perrin Fuel rails and Pink injectors)!

scoobaru 12-09-2010 10:46 AM

I havnt had the brake upgrade, it is coming soon. Looking at brembos all round with whiteline upgrade and poss sti suspension upgrade.

How much are you looking for those bits bluebugeye? cash is available next week??

scoobaru 12-09-2010 10:47 AM

dukeboy, cash is available next week Wednesday onwards. How would you take payment?

Mortster 12-09-2010 11:03 AM

And before you put more stain on your bits, had a service recently? Cambelt and oils etc etc?

scoobaru 12-09-2010 11:06 AM

Had a £2500 service with subaru last year including cambelt brakes etc so its doing ok at the mo and am puting it in for a service next week morster.

Nige 12-09-2010 11:17 AM

A very good upgrade would be BUY A BLOODY EVO Simples. :drive:

scoobaru 12-09-2010 11:22 AM

I used to have a very very nice evo 4 a couple of years ago. Made me a very proud person as it was the fasest thing i owned. Sitting on cuscos all round E9 bottom end and a E6 turbo putting out around 340 to 350 BHP but it went. And im waiting a little bit of time to get a nother

C. J. 12-09-2010 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scoobaru (Post 61384)
poss sti suspension upgrade.

have some sti gnome shocks and eibach springs if your interested ?

DukeBoy 12-09-2010 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scoobaru (Post 61385)
dukeboy, cash is available next week Wednesday onwards. How would you take payment?

I need to pop over your way one evening so could drop it into you if you want it!!!

scoobaru 12-09-2010 08:18 PM

Thanks dukeboy, I am interested and yes that would be good but I'm away in Newcastle and Arbroath Monday to Friday! If you could make it Saturday. If not I could always come to you that isn't an issue? Let us know cheers!

scoobaru 12-09-2010 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C. J. (Post 61407)
have some sti gnome shocks and eibach springs if your interested ?

What's the price that your looking for? Defo interested!

DukeBoy 12-09-2010 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scoobaru (Post 61419)
What's the price that your looking for? Defo interested!

http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/v...ead.php?t=5140

Nige 12-09-2010 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scoobaru (Post 61389)
I used to have a very very nice evo 4 a couple of years ago. Made me a very proud person as it was the fasest thing i owned. Sitting on cuscos all round E9 bottom end and a E6 turbo putting out around 340 to 350 BHP but it went. And im waiting a little bit of time to get a nother

Only messing mate. If i could afford it i would have a Scoob for my everyday car & keep the Evo just for track. :drive:

scoobaru 12-09-2010 09:13 PM

To be honest nige I'm am jelous in the knowledge that you have an evo! I truely loved that car and have found it hard to find a replacement. I did have a 95 wrx type Ra which was the closest! I will be in another evo in the future! But for now my heart is with A scoob. Just can't resist the burble!

SpecB 13-09-2010 06:58 AM

Hi Scoobaru,

I'm up at Surrey RR on Tuesday to get Syvecs fitted, I may also have a set of Pink injectors up for grabs as well depending on how things go, in fact I may have Perrin Parallel fuel rails and pinks if I'm lucky! The ECU's go for between £100 and £150 (I'll speak to Simon aka JGM on Tuesday) - Pinks are £120 and the fuel rails I'll do for £80 once available.

worzel 13-09-2010 08:45 AM

I also have a few bits and bobs potentially that you might want.

After various bits of work on mine recently, I will have for sale the following:

Ekutech ECU from STi8 - Mapped by JGM to 350bhp and 330ft lb @ £200.00
STi Top Mount Intercooler - @ £125.00
RCM Cone Filter and Samco Hose @ £TBC shortly.

Pictures to be posted later today

C. J. 13-09-2010 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by worzel (Post 61445)
I also have a few bits and bobs potentially that you might want.

After various bits of work on mine recently, I will have for sale the following:

Ekutech ECU from STi8 - Mapped by JGM to 350bhp and 330ft lb @ £200.00
STi Top Mount Intercooler - @ £125.00
RCM Cone Filter and Samco Hose @ £TBC shortly.

Pictures to be posted later today

the ecu will not work as he has a wrx and dont sell the cone till the cars mapped :ok:

worzel 13-09-2010 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C. J. (Post 61455)
the ecu will not work as he has a wrx and dont sell the cone till the cars mapped :ok:

Bugger! :lol:

Thats why I kept the cone as £TBC, just in case. :ok:

scoobaru 17-09-2010 06:05 PM

Hey thanks for the offers guys, I now have a vf30 and the top mount, I will want the injectors if they are available bluebugeye;-)
thinking the ecu isn't worth it, just yet!! maybe get the bits on the car and mapped!

Bits Im still hunting round for at mo are decat up and downpipe, injectors!
Hopefully picking up scoop and undertray from dukeboy on sat and possibly the shocks from c.j on sat. If anyone knows of the outstanding up for grabs!
Might make a trip to jap performance have a look at the apexi sports cat??
Opinions on the apexi????

DukeBoy 17-09-2010 06:15 PM

I will have a Hayward & Scott downpipe and up-pipe available soon, maybe worth dropping Worzel a pm as he has a nice Apexi induction kit he may sell you :nod: