South East Scoobies

South East Scoobies (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/index.php)
-   Non Scooby / Non Car Related (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   olympics 2012 con (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/showthread.php?t=13979)

ralliart didz 07-05-2012 04:55 PM

olympics 2012 con

2 Attachment(s)
you cant take bottle water or food too the olympic games,you have too pay for it inside.so heres how much the robbing bastards are charging :wa:

SpecB 07-05-2012 07:40 PM

Should join us at the breakfast club one Sunday, £14.50 for a buger, bacon roll and 2 teas!

BIG"E" 07-05-2012 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueBugEye (Post 132269)
Should join us at the breakfast club one Sunday, £14.50 for a buger, bacon roll and 2 teas!

Thats cheep for a buger, (what ever takes your fancy I suppose)

and a bacon roll and 2 teas. :lol:

ralliart didz 07-05-2012 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueBugEye (Post 132269)

is that in 1 off them doging car parks :wink:

£3 for two packs of crisps,you can get a 24 pack at asda for that.

Bearo 08-05-2012 06:28 PM

if you enjoy queueing, being ripped off, rained on, ppl throwing things and running around, more queueing & a hollow wallet by the end of it then good luck to ya!

Justin 08-05-2012 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearo (Post 132331)
if you enjoy queueing, being ripped off, rained on, ppl throwing things and running around, more queueing & a hollow wallet by the end of it then good luck to ya!

Sounds like clackett services on the M25!

About the same prices too

Tomma 08-05-2012 09:31 PM

London is massively underprepared for the Olympics, these prices plus the fact hardly any Londoners got tickets (so people from elsewhere would come) goes a long way to suggest the Olympics is just a money making ploy for a country who's economy is on its a@@e!

Steve_PPP 08-05-2012 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomma (Post 132358)
London is massively underprepared for the Olympics, these prices plus the fact hardly any Londoners got tickets (so people from elsewhere would come) goes a long way to suggest the Olympics is just a money making ploy for a country who's economy is on its a@@e!

Serious question..... how will it make any money? The cost of putting the event on is being projected as £24 billion. I know loads of businesses have/will benefit and a lot of the infrastructure can be reused, but surely we'd all be a lot better off with it being in some other country, with someone else paying for it.

I just can't imagine it generating that much revenue for the economy.

Tomma 08-05-2012 09:54 PM

I agree, they think it will bring money to the economy but it won't do the country any favours, I didn't realise it was projected to cost that much tho! Apart from ticket sales, sponsors and tv rights then selling up afterwards there isn't much else to make money from??

ralliart didz 08-05-2012 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_PPP (Post 132360)
Serious question..... how will it make any money? The cost of putting the event on is being projected as £24 billion. I know loads of businesses have/will benefit and a lot of the infrastructure can be reused, but surely we'd all be a lot better off with it being in some other country, with someone else paying for it.

I just can't imagine it generating that much revenue for the economy.

bloody hell £24 billion steve ppp and heres me moaning about £3 for some crisps lol :zoiks:

worzel 08-05-2012 11:44 PM

The whole thing is a massive cash cow.

Ther is no way this country is prepared for something of this stature, we could have coped with another big football tournament no problem, due to the fact we have the grounds already capable of supporting such a thing, plus a national stadium more than capable (if in the wrong fookin place)

The country is close to ****ing itself financially anyway, without a £24 billion balls up like the Olympics! I don't mean to sound like some kind of political militant battering on about the previous government, but this is just another kick in the balls from the last bunch of turds! We will be ****ed for years thanks to them! Not forgetting the sending our troops to fight American wars all over the world. Spending god knows how much in doing so.

if you need a model of what an Olympics can do to a country, just look at the **** Greece is in now. Australia is suffering to a degree too. Only China, being the biggest emerging nation can absorb something like an Olympics.

I dread to think what will happen to this country in the next 10 years or so on the back of all this. If you think things are bad now, be prepared for much worse to come. :sadnod:

ralliart didz 08-05-2012 11:57 PM

im glad you wrote that worzel and im not the only one who thinks that :worthy:

Skullfudge 09-05-2012 10:16 AM

Well said Worzel.

We have averaged 33 - 40 job enquiries every month of the last 7 years.
Last month (April 2012) we had FOUR.

That is how bad the economy is and like you say it will be a very long time before the country is back to what we would class as "mormal"

If Portugal, Spain and Italy follow Greece & Ireland, things may turn from an economic mess to a civil nightmare.

When money runs dry the human race has a history of becoming very unpredictable.

worzel 09-05-2012 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skullfudge (Post 132382)
Well said Worzel.

We have averaged 33 - 40 job enquiries every month of the last 7 years.
Last month (April 2012) we had FOUR.

That is how bad the economy is and like you say it will be a very long time before the country is back to what we would class as "mormal"

If Portugal, Spain and Italy follow Greece & Ireland, things may turn from an economic mess to a civil nightmare.

When money runs dry the human race has a history of becoming very unpredictable.

Bloody hell mate, that's a proper decrease :zoiks: I hope things get better for you mate :nod:

You are dead right about the human race becoming unpredictable when the money dries up. This is why America goes to fight in all these middle eastern countries. It has absolutely nothing to do with fundamentalism in any form. It's all about oil and minerals, simple as. Have super power will abuse this fact and take all that is yours thanks!!

It doesn't bode well for Europe as a whole, I know it's tough but if the sensible governments (Germany, France & Great Britain even though the Olympics will potentially undo that) have to stick with these austerity measures. At the same time they have to try and boost the backbone of employers in this country, the small and middle sized businesses that employ so many people. But they don't seem to be helping them that much at the moment. :waiting:

I am very close to having to lay off staff now, as I cannot afford to carry any 1/2 bods. In the past I needed 7 1/2 people but employed 8. It will have to go to at least 7 soon and maybe even 6 if things don't improve soon. :sadnod:

Roll on Germany, I fookin need a beer :beer:

scooby999 09-05-2012 06:49 PM

But we do get beach volley ball