South East Scoobies

South East Scoobies (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/index.php)
-   Engine Management (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   my99 ECUs Ae800, Ae801, Ae802 (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/showthread.php?t=22363)

viper1982 12-04-2020 05:16 PM

A while ago I started to test what you say about Logs with Ecuedit, and indeed although it accepts several parameters it does not take all of them, you are right that it does not yet support our Ecus Jecs. The LOAD parameters do not have them, that is, but the addresses must be adapted to the ECU MY01 and beyond. It searches in another sector of the ECU throwing wrong results.
Then the IAM parameter is also in another direction. It does not work.

Conclusion the best way for the Jecs ECU is to take the LOGS with ECUExplorer and then the generated .CSV file is opened with ECUEDIT and already with the .BIN loaded from the ROM of the corresponding ecu it allows to make the comparisons perfectly. You have to work with two programs but the result is very good.

Scott.T 12-04-2020 10:11 PM

6 Attachment(s)
See how you get on with these

Scott.T 12-04-2020 11:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by viper1982 (Post 252172)
I was observing that that 1 byte difference when trying to compare both .ROM in the Ecuedit generates an error saying that what I want to compare are of different sizes, so today I changed my ECU in the car, put the AE800 and read with the same method and program that the AE801PPP read. thus achieving a file exactly the same. And so we can compare the ae800 hand in hand with the ae801ppp in the ecuedit.
I upload the file in case it is useful to you.
Unfortunately in my possession I have only those two ECUs. But the AE800 is the same as the AE801 so there is no problem. The only one that would be missing if it were the case is the AE802.

I have no idea why my readings are 1 byte different from the ROMs that are going around the internet.

Your files are blank from Address 5000(h) onwards.
This doesn't effect viewing the performance maps but they are incomplete images compared to the ones I have here. Sample Ae800 attached.

They are also 1 byte short of 128Kb.
I needed to add 1 byte to get ECUEdit to recognise them.

Scott.T 13-04-2020 12:57 AM

To save duplicating bin files on the world wide web.

Ae800, Ae801, Ae802, Af040 and Af041 are attached to the OpenECU Forum here : http://forums.openecu.org/viewtopic....=192&start=135

P1 ECU (Ag340) is here : http://forums.openecu.org/viewtopic....=192&start=120

There is also an ECU XML file on that thread, but mine is better.

viper1982 13-04-2020 01:12 AM

Excellent information you have shared. I am already working on the .HML which have more tables than I have found before.
Note that the impreza Prodrive's maps are strangely the same as those of the STI both version 4 and 5. hahah Subaru does strange things sometimes. The same thing happens when I started to compare the maps of the AE800 and the AE801 (I found absolutely no difference) at least in advance maps, combistible or boost. At first glance they are the same. And they are two ECUs that have different labels and everything. The truth is strange. I suppose they must vary slightly in another respect.
Very good info and I am reviewing everything you have sent me.

Scott.T 13-04-2020 01:18 AM

I have a MAF scale to add, just need to work out the conversion

viper1982 13-04-2020 01:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott.T (Post 252217)
I have a MAF scale to add, just need to work out the conversion

I don't know if it works for you but from what I was reading the conversion would be MAF /RPM*60 g/s.

I don't know if it helps for something but I share the EvoScan functions that both subaru and mitsubishi read.

Scott.T 13-04-2020 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by viper1982 (Post 252218)
I don't know if it works for you but from what I was reading the conversion would be MAF /RPM*60 g/s.

I don't know if it helps for something but I share the EvoScan functions that both subaru and mitsubishi read.

Its the voltage scale vs g/rev for the MY99/00 MAF I'm after.

Scott.T 13-04-2020 10:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
MAF Sensor scale added to XML (attached)

However, the voltage scale is hard coded rather then using values from the BIN.
This Voltage scale is based on that used on the 2001> WRX, so not perfect, but gives a representation. When you rescale a MAF you change the g/s figures, so the voltage Axis is irrelevant really.
I will see if I can spot the voltage scale in the BIN in/around the MAF Scale MAP.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...b266f6cb_c.jpg

viper1982 13-04-2020 04:07 PM

Excellent work Scott.
I have already added it to all the .XML of the other ECU Jecs of the same type.

Scott.T 13-04-2020 05:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Minor update.
When I checked my Apexi PFC MAF scale the voltage ran upto 5.12V.
I then checked old data I had on the Ae802 the table was presented with a range of 0 - 512, so I assumed this was equivalent to 0 - 5.12V.
The top few cells are maxed at 300g/s, so I have limited the scale to 4.64V which is the 1st 300g/s.
A Max of 4.64V is very similar to the WRX 2001> which has a max of 4.69V.

Therefore I have adjusted the MAF Voltage scale to match this. Although this is still hard coded.
Many hours of staring at hexadecimal data in the BIN has not identified if the MAF Voltage scale exists in the code.

What websites/forums have you been using for JECS and MY99/00 decoding ?
I assume none have as much data as we have here ?

viper1982 13-04-2020 05:56 PM

Hi Scott. Thus, there is no other forum in which there is as much information as here on this topic and ECU JECS decoding. I have walked through many forums during the last two years, but there is no information and there is no interest in continuing to look for information on these ECUs, since most of them chose to resign or put alternative systems such as Power FC and other systems. I particularly have seen more information on these topics in openecu and romraider, but not as much and valuable as that of this forum where it all started thanks to the addresses you shared. I think that it is very interesting and you want to be kept looking for in addition to the necessary basic technical information that is strictly necessary to achieve the starting point for all this. With no directions to look for as a starting point for everyone, you are blind.
Today by far this thread of conversation is the richest in old jecs ecu.

viper1982 13-04-2020 10:12 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott.T (Post 252212)
Your files are blank from Address 5000(h) onwards.
This doesn't effect viewing the performance maps but they are incomplete images compared to the ones I have here. Sample Ae800 attached.

They are also 1 byte short of 128Kb.
I needed to add 1 byte to get ECUEdit to recognise them.

I was able to correct my readings from the .BIN ROMS

I took both readings of the two ecu again with another address range and now I read the entire ROM. and it does not leave blank from 5000. I can compare well if I wanted the .bin of the others with mine. Solved.
In my particular case the range used was ROM 100000: 020000

A comment from a Russian helped me, I share it can be useful to someone who wants to read your ecu avoiding the mistake I made.

Scott.T 13-04-2020 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by viper1982 (Post 252226)
I was able to correct my readings from the .BIN ROMS

I took both readings of the two ecu again with another address range and now I read the entire ROM. and it does not leave blank from 5000. I can compare well if I wanted the .bin of the others with mine. Solved.
In my particular case the range used was ROM 100000: 020000

A comment from a Russian helped me, I share it can be useful to someone who wants to read your ecu avoiding the mistake I made.

Was that with ECUExplorer

viper1982 13-04-2020 10:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott.T (Post 252227)
Was that with ECUExplorer

No, I did it with ECUmem, it is faster and more stable, the Ecuexplorer when I do readings of wide range, I don't know why my PC hangs. This program read me the 128K in about 15 min.

Scott.T 14-04-2020 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by viper1982 (Post 252228)
No, I did it with ECUmem, it is faster and more stable, the Ecuexplorer when I do readings of wide range, I don't know why my PC hangs. This program read me the 128K in about 15 min.

I'll take a look and add it to my tool box

viper1982 14-04-2020 07:42 PM

When you have time could you explain to me how the progress and fuel tables interact with each other?
I would like to better understand how the association is and how it works with each other depending on the situation.

It confuses me to see that there are HI octane and LO octane tables since I do not understand relationships as one works with the other. If you can evacuate those doubts I thank you.

viper1982 15-04-2020 02:55 AM

Skip that last query as I was searching today and came across a series of Ecutek articles that talk about it and it is not as simple an answer as I expected to receive, it is complex and depends on many factors.

What if I wanted to consult you is for two tables in particular that are in your Ecuedit .XML.
* Lo det fuel compensation
* Hi det fuel compensation

These two tables give results that I do not understand. Can you tell me what it would be?

Scott.T 15-04-2020 07:48 AM

Hi and Lo Det fuel maps seem to be unique to this ECU and are not present as far as I know in the later 2001> ECU.
On the later ECU normally there is a Primary Fuel Map and a Failsafe Fuel Map, plus Base Ignition Timing and Ignition Advance.
Which map gets used is mainly determined by Knock readings and the Ignition Advance multiplier trigger point. For example if the IAT drops to 4 the Advance Map drops the amount of timing as I described in an earlier post. In some cases it may switch fuel maps. This just provides a safety backup of giving extra base fuelling, so does not need to be considered greatly other than alignment of the load scale to ensure the ECU still has control under these Failsafe conditions. Many pro tuners may not even touch this during their 15 minute dyno tune.

Some XML definitions list a Fuel Map A and Fuel Map B which appear to have the same values. It's not understood as to when A or B are used, so the guidance is to make the same changes to both.

With regard to the MY99/00 the hi and lo det fuel compensation maps have been converted believing they represent an AFR correction value, which is most likely dependant on knock feedback.

However, as with alot of the maps and parameters available to adjust there are many than can remain untouched.
Treat them as tools that apply an operating tolerance to the tune.
If when tuning you are setting the key maps to operate within your requirements then these 'tolerance' control maps can be left alone.
This not only applies to the Fuel/Ignition but also the boost control.
On the later ECU (I've not yet found def's for MY99/00) there are also Turbo Dynamic control maps, which again help by applying an operating tolerance and fine tuning.
But as long as you have your Max and Min Wastegate % set to achieve your desired target boot, with very little under or over achievement, then the Turbo Dynamic parameters don't need to be touched.
These fine tuning maps were obviously setup by the original developers, so I figure that as they had much wider knowledge of the ECU operational code, then they are best placed to decide how wide the tolerance needs to be to maintain good and smooth control, of the key operational settings.

Scott.T 15-04-2020 10:13 PM

I have made further changes to the XML based on some information I found I had from 15 years ago.
Its nothing major, but I have rescaled and applied a different calculation to the Hi/Lo Fuel Det maps, which makes them a little more sensible.

I have also added a few more boost compensation maps.
Some are '0' value for the Ae800 because the non-STi models do not have the required sensors. I'm hoping when I apply the changes to the STi/P1 XML some plots will appear.
When I have finished I will post up an example.

viper1982 17-04-2020 02:05 AM

Excellent I wait for the modifications of the .XML

viper1982 17-04-2020 03:53 PM

Can a wideband be linked with the original ECU of the vehicle? I have a prosport with analog output 0-5v is there a way? The idea would be interesting for the Datalogging you take to capture the AFR values. Beyond that I have the visible instrument installed, but I wanted to know if you can add that.

Scott.T 17-04-2020 04:05 PM

Not on the standard ECU.
You can normally take one of the other outputs from the wideband as a pseudo narrowband. But when I tried it years ago it wasnt as good as running the OEM narrowband.
So I run both.
Narrowband in the header to keep ECU happy.
Innovate Wideband in the down pipe for monitoring/logging.
Just use the Innovate software in parallel on the laptop when road mapping.

Scott.T 17-04-2020 04:39 PM

Viper, have you read much about this https://ecutools.eu/chip-tuning/mmc-flasher/

Scott.T 18-04-2020 06:26 PM

Lots of hours spent during Covid-19 Lockdown staring at raw hex data. Comparing it against many other forms of data from Pre97 JECS ECU, Post 99 JECS ECU and Post 2001 Denso ECU, plus a few other nuggets of information, I've managed to decode and create an XML containing these, at present :

Boost Control - Limits
Boost Limit (Fuel Cut)
Boost Disable (Learnt Ign Retard)
Boost Disable (Learnt Retard Count)
Boost Disable (IAM Limit)
Boost Enable (IAM Limit)
Boost Control - Target
Target Boost (MT)
Target Boost Compensation (IAT)
Target Boost Compensation (Atm Pres)
Boost Control - Turbo Dynamics
TD Boost Overshoot A
TD Boost Overshoot B
TD Boost Underachieved A
TD Boost Underachieved B
Boost Control - Wastegate
Max Wastegate Duty (MT)
Min Wastegate Duty (MT)
Wastegate Duty Compensation (Atm Pres)
Fueling - Primary Open Loop
Lo Det Fuel Compensation
Hi Det Fuel Compensation
Primary Open Loop Fueling
Primary Open Loop Fuel Map Switch (IAM)
Ignition Timing - Learning
Ignition Learning RPM Division
Ignition Learning Load Division
Ignition Timing - Advance
Hi Octane Ignition Base Map A
Lo Octane Ignition Base Map
Hi Octane Ignition Base Map B
Ignition Timing - Compensation
Hi Octane Ignition Compensation
Lo Octane Ignition Compensation
Mass Air flow
MAF Sensor Scaling
Rev Limiter
Rev Limit (Fuel Cut)
Speed Limiter (Mph)
Speed Limiter (JDM Only)
Speed Limiter
Speed Limiter (Kmh)
Speed Limiter (JDM Only)
Speed Limiter

Scott.T 18-04-2020 07:29 PM

Just found another 2 related to IAM, so added above

Scott.T 18-04-2020 07:53 PM

Most maps within Ae800 (Early MY99 UK/EU), Ae801 (MY99 UK/EU), Ae802 (MY00 UK/EU), Af040 (JDM STi V5), Af041 (JDM STi V6) and Ag340 (P1) remain in the same address locations.
The only item that I have found that moves a little is the Speed Limiter. Ae800 and Af040 share the same locations for the Speed Limiter, the rest are in a slightly different location.

Interestingly the STi and P1 disable boost control alot sooner than UK/EU ECU, upon detection of detonation.
P1 still has a 112mph coded limiter, hence why they also run an external electronic de-limiter.

viper1982 18-04-2020 10:52 PM

So have you managed to see all those maps on ecuedit?

viper1982 18-04-2020 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott.T (Post 252238)
Viper, have you read much about this https://ecutools.eu/chip-tuning/mmc-flasher/

I had not seen it! What an interesting option! The closest thing to the ECU jecs 99 is the module 29, although it is not the same chip anyway I suppose it is compatible.

Module 29 supports these chips
WA12212930WWW, WA12212940WWW, WA12212970WWW

I have the WA12212920WWW

I don't understand or work, what would it be? Is it a USB Dongle which allows you to unlock and read the integrity of the ECU as Ecutek does, let's say, to download the HEX map and then be edited in programs like ecuflash? I read everything but the truth I am not understanding I believe how this option is.

https://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forum...lt-lt-lt-lt-lt

Scott.T 19-04-2020 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by viper1982 (Post 252248)
I had not seen it! What an interesting option! The closest thing to the ECU jecs 99 is the module 29, although it is not the same chip anyway I suppose it is compatible.

Module 29 supports these chips
WA12212930WWW, WA12212940WWW, WA12212970WWW

I have the WA12212920WWW

I don't understand or work, what would it be? Is it a USB Dongle which allows you to unlock and read the integrity of the ECU as Ecutek does, let's say, to download the HEX map and then be edited in programs like ecuflash? I read everything but the truth I am not understanding I believe how this option is.

https://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forum...lt-lt-lt-lt-lt

I believe it's download and reflash tool. The dongle/usb is just the key to unlock your purchase. I expect you can download the software FREE but cannot use it without the USB dongle.

Scott.T 19-04-2020 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by viper1982 (Post 252247)
So have you managed to see all those maps on ecuedit?

Yes, I have spent many hours collating all the information I have to help unlock the address locations and decoding of all of the above.

I'm not totally sure what all the maps do, but information I have from many sources helped me piece it all together.

No single source of information I had pointed me directly at them, but with a starting point of valid bin files, through processes of elimination, studying a large archive of ECU data/application and also going back to what I had previously unlocked on the JECS 1993-1996 ECU (nearly 20 years ago), I combined this all with studying ECUEdit and how it reads newer Denso ECU I was able to create ECUEdit XML.

I'm quite pleased with the result.
But the largest factor by far was having plenty of time, due to lockdown.

viper1982 19-04-2020 12:17 AM

Good that this time has been useful for you to compile all the information and achieve that result, it is excellent for what you detail you access everything. Very good!

Scott.T 19-04-2020 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by viper1982 (Post 252252)
Good that this time has been useful for you to compile all the information and achieve that result, it is excellent for what you detail you access everything. Very good!

It's not everything. There's a lot more locked up inside. I would like to find Injector scaler info etc.
But it's enough information to be able to apply a good tune, flash capability allowing.

viper1982 20-04-2020 03:44 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott.T (Post 252249)
I believe it's download and reflash tool. The dongle/usb is just the key to unlock your purchase. I expect you can download the software FREE but cannot use it without the USB dongle.

I was consulting ECUtools this option and the specific compatibility or the AE800 ECU occasionally, they asked me for the processor model of this, and apparently the procedure is possible.

Now I was thinking, using this method you download the complete .BIN and then edit the tables in another program like Ecuflash or Romraider? In other words, is a definition ECU necessary in order to access the locations of each map that you want to alter?
once the modifications have been made, the .BIN is uploaded to the ecu by means of reflash and everything should be ok? Is that so?

Scott.T 20-04-2020 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by viper1982 (Post 252262)
I was consulting ECUtools this option and the specific compatibility or the AE800 ECU occasionally, they asked me for the processor model of this, and apparently the procedure is possible.

Now I was thinking, using this method you download the complete .BIN and then edit the tables in another program like Ecuflash or Romraider? In other words, is a definition ECU necessary in order to access the locations of each map that you want to alter?
once the modifications have been made, the .BIN is uploaded to the ecu by means of reflash and everything should be ok? Is that so?

I emailed them too and they asked the same question. I sent an image of my processor yesterday.

The key thing to take from your very short response from them is that they state "it should work" rather than it "will" work.

Their description of what their tools provide, which is quite detailed, does not align with the responses we have been given. I would of expected a more detailed response and confirmation of what access is available.

If the tools provide all the facilities as advertised I would of expected a more focussed response and knowledge of this ECU. Just because it supports the same processor does not mean the code base, comm port access peripherals and data storage is the same.

Sorry but I've been biten by this before buying EPROM programmers that were supposed to support the MBM27C1028 chip. Yes they support 1024 but not 1028.

Best thing would be to find if anyone else is using it.

viper1982 20-04-2020 06:58 PM

As is, neither am I satisfied with the ambiguous and doubtful answer. I will continue investigating and looking to see if someone has used it.

Scott.T 20-04-2020 09:25 PM

But coming back to your question.
Yes if you upload the full image, make changes in ECUedit or Romraider (defs required) you can then reflash, as long as flash goes back to same address. Files are not address mapped like an s-record, so the tool would need to be configured to load back to where retrieved.
I dont think JECS ECU use a checksum facility, but a good tool should deal with that anyway.

For accurate tuning though during live scenario you will need a logger. Preferably one that ghosts over the maps, cell by cell.
Unfortunately that's a whole new set of defs to determine where to read live data from.

Have you tried ECUedit logger via the SSM1 option. I get an SSM1 can't find error ?
SSM2 works but alot of parameters are empty or 0.

viper1982 21-04-2020 02:15 AM

I have only used SSM II which is what ecuedit lets me connect and do datalog.
Then using Evoscan 2.9 (from Mitsubishi) Use Openport 1.3 (FTDI / 12 pin / SSM) I read several parameters but there are some that remain at 0 such as Load.
In what I have tried so far the best Datalogging I have been able to achieve through the old and beloved Ecuexplorer.

I have noticed that despite how basic ecuexplorer is, it is the program that throws the most data when doing a datalogging since there are values ​​such as LOAD and IAM that are configurable from a menu and adapts to different Ecus's, not the others programs like Ecuedit. This allows me to do logs but the variables that I can see in my AE8xx ecu are more limited. Surely in newer ecus this must change.

Anyway, what I'm doing today is taking the logs with ecuexplorer, but later I open them with Ecuedit. And I contrast with "view in link mode" - "playable link" and with the xml data you sent me the other time I can contrast at least some tables and more or less see how it behaves. Although I can not modify anything, my intention is to see how the ecu behaves before boost increases and others. Find safe boost limits where possible.

As for the xml, going back to the work you took, can that xml be executed or adapted in some way to the ecuflash for example? or the xml are exclusive and unique for a certain program. That is not very clear to me.
I keep going through the groups and I have not found anyone who has ecu definitions or anything for jecs my99 / 00 is frustrating. The subject is half forgotten.

Scott.T 21-04-2020 07:49 AM

ECUFlash and Romraider definitions should be possible, leave it with me.
Epifan replied to my email regarding SSM1 and confirmed it's not supported. So I'm not sure why the option is available for Pre2001 on the menu.
Unfortunately Epifan email response have always be short/brief and a little demeaning. Which is not the best considering I paid £300, i believe, a few years back for the Pro suite.

Scott.T 21-04-2020 09:47 PM

Tried to create Romraider/ECUFlash XML but gave up, too complicated as it appears to pull data from various sources (or my install has got over complicated after many many updates over the last 15 years !!!!!).

However, found this whilst googling ECUFLASH JECS :
http://www.subyclub.com/topic/12882-...tuning-option/

Which lead me to this :
https://lambdatuning.com/product/flash-license/

Very interesting and an alternative to ECULabs.
All ROM images are embedded in the download, although in a proprietary format.
Very detailed definitions for the JEC 99/00 ECU (access these by downloading S/W and then select file New)
Cost would be $350 for tools and 1 ECU Licence.

Supported Vehicles : https://lambdatuning.com/support/supported-vehicles/

More Info here : https://www.rs25.com/threads/diy-pro...thread.227292/

Would be interesting to see how good their logger is and whether it Ghost's over the maps. I have emailed them.

However, your virus protection may not like it.
There is a note about this on the website.
My virus detection prevents download, and also erases the exe file if you turn virus protection back on.