South East Scoobies

South East Scoobies (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/index.php)
-   Videos (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Renault Sport Clio Makes Evo look stupid! (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/showthread.php?t=7425)

worzel 09-03-2011 11:20 AM

Renault Sport Clio Makes Evo look stupid!

Good commentry on this lap. And he makes the Evo driver look like a muppet.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/96EuoTQ1Cug" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ralliart didz 09-03-2011 01:35 PM

thats a good vid worzel,maybe the evo driver had not driven on the track that much,compared to the other bloke :ok:

worzel 09-03-2011 01:41 PM

The Clio driver certainly knew his way round there, thats for sure. The Evo guy had an MLR badge on his car, so he must be gay :whistle:

But it goes to prove that power is not everything around there. As long as you are smooth, you will get a good time in. :drive:

Nige 09-03-2011 01:44 PM

That jumping bit & holding back bit is what my go pro camara is like Worzel?

worzel 09-03-2011 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nige (Post 78198)
That jumping bit & holding back bit is what my go pro camara is like Worzel?

That adds up, that is probably what they used back then, the original Go Pro was a little glitchy from what I have read. The HD Hero has all of the problems ironed out.

Yours is good enough though mate, you will get good enough stuff from it. One thing though, have you got a good spec memory card in there, that does make a massive difference.

Mine is a Panasonic 24GB SD HC Card.

ralliart didz 09-03-2011 02:15 PM

worzels right about the sd cards nige u need a good 1,because cheap ones make them jumpy. u might laugh guys but i have a camera that is pretty good 720-480 resolution,30 fps,picture resolution 1280-1024.it looks like a remote key fob which i stick on top of my dash.perfect pics day and nite and all for £20. check out ebay for "808 micro camera" i no yours are top ones :doubleup:

Steve_PPP 09-03-2011 06:56 PM

good vid :ok:

Chunk 10-03-2011 08:39 AM

Good video, shame it was being filmed in a clio

admin 10-03-2011 10:30 AM

Good vid:10:

:rant:
Obvious the Evo driver was not that comfortable with his knowledge of the Ring, although I think he should be applauded for taking a 'powerful' Evo round there with limited knowledge(ability) rather than being called a muppet!!!

We all have to start somewhere

Quote:

not there you muppet!!!
and yet he says erase that corner from your mind because he ballsed up himself:brickwall:

:rant:

Still think John Felsteads, on track nurburgring is a well worthwhile view, even if its a few years old now:nod: at least its in a proper car:wave:

Nige 11-03-2011 06:57 AM

This RSR instructor didn't just pass an Evo. What about the £90k Porker?
From what i could see the driver of the Evo made a couple of mistakes but so did the instructor. If i can get round there with only a few mistakes instead of my usual plenty then i will be a happy man. :drive:
PS some of you might want to take a pass lap with Neil ! If you do just remind him he has a peddle in the middle:angst:

Anger 11-03-2011 07:11 AM

Jimmy would make most of us look slow in a Alfa..... Oh the shame ;)

Nige 11-03-2011 07:23 AM

In that Alfa last year he had skinny wet's on. They got over heated in the dry. Still did 9m 45sec with serious brake fade & only 130bhp ish. He did ask to take the Evo around. I pretended not to understand :lol:

worzel 11-03-2011 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nige (Post 78486)
PS some of you might want to take a pass lap with Neil ! If you do just remind him he has a peddle in the middle:angst:

PMSL! :lol:

Do you REALLY think I would want to distract him :shock:

scoobyslayer 14-03-2011 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nige (Post 78486)
This RSR instructor didn't just pass an Evo. What about the £90k Porker?
From what i could see the driver of the Evo made a couple of mistakes but so did the instructor. If i can get round there with only a few mistakes instead of my usual plenty then i will be a happy man. :drive:

Middle Pedal?? nobody told me about that.

Hows the car Nige? hope its sorted soon.

FYI next Wednesday will be heading for Germany to get some practice in for May and maybe try out new ring toy.

:-D

worzel 15-03-2011 12:16 AM

Oooh, Is the cossie ready to rock and roll matey!? You'll have to post some pics of that :nod:

Nige 15-03-2011 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scoobyslayer (Post 79251)
Middle Pedal?? nobody told me about that.

Hows the car Nige? hope its sorted soon.

FYI next Wednesday will be heading for Germany to get some practice in for May and maybe try out new ring toy.

:-D

Car is being mapped on Friday so fingers crossed.
WHAT TOY? You can't just leave it at that! Come on tell! :more:

scoobycoops 15-03-2011 07:09 PM

The commentating driver shouldn't be in a Clio.
He needs a transit or something bigggggger to fit his big fat arrogant effing head.

scoobyslayer 15-03-2011 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by worzel (Post 79253)
Oooh, Is the cossie ready to rock and roll matey!? You'll have to post some pics of that :nod:

Unfortunately not, this is something a bit different

Dont want to give too much away.

scoobyslayer 15-03-2011 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nige (Post 79254)
Car is being mapped on Friday so fingers crossed.
WHAT TOY? You can't just leave it at that! Come on tell! :more:

Good luck for Frday Nige

You will have to be patient, all will become apparent soon

I will say power to weight ratio is over 800bhp per ton

:closed:

MIDLIFE 15-03-2011 09:24 PM

Got to be a atom/ultima/kit car/dragster/jet car/go-kart/scud missile.

scoobyslayer 15-03-2011 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIDLIFE (Post 79396)

Got to be a atom/ultima/kit car/dragster/jet car/go-kart/scud missile.

All good guesses but not quite there!

Although im not sure they will let you through the barriers on a scud missile and i heard they dont corner too good.

:doubleup:

Steve_PPP 15-03-2011 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scoobyslayer (Post 79377)

My first though was that its gotta be a bike.

No way i'd be going round the ring on one though!

MIDLIFE 15-03-2011 09:56 PM

http://i2.ytimg.com/vi/ee9H93uvYRo/default.jpg
not sure if this link will work, but if it does'nt type in gould puma:doubleup:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e49TPk2AW5c

worzel 16-03-2011 08:44 AM

That Puma is one seriously quick motor. :drive:

Come on Neil, you can't do this to us (well actually you can but..... YOU CAN'T!) over 800bhp per ton, that sounds like a Souped up Radical to me, or something of that kind, or maybe that Super Dooper Hyper Caterham that blitzed the Top Gear Track?

Chunk 16-03-2011 08:50 AM

That puma is quick, but looks awful

Nige 16-03-2011 03:26 PM

Dont know if many of you will remember this. Cosworth engine in a Puma. Ford sold this as a kit car only & not for the road. Fantastic pice of kit. :drive:

scoobyslayer 03-04-2011 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_PPP (Post 79400)
My first though was that its gotta be a bike.

No way i'd be going round the ring on one though!

Well done!

you win first prize, a lap in the evo.

Steve_PPP 04-04-2011 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scoobyslayer (Post 82227)
you win first prize, a lap in the evo.

Excellent, cheers fella :D Love to see how the circuit can be driven when the driver knows where he's going, I'll buy you and Ray a beer in return.

Hopefully its not broken by the time we get there this year ;)

scoobyslayer 20-04-2011 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_PPP (Post 82234)
Excellent, cheers fella :D Love to see how the circuit can be driven when the driver knows where he's going, I'll buy you and Ray a beer in return.

Hopefully its not broken by the time we get there this year ;)

TBH we are still fixing bits from last years trip

They dont make em like they used to