South East Scoobies

South East Scoobies (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/index.php)
-   SouthEastScoobies Meets & Events (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Goodwood on the 2nd July (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/showthread.php?t=5149)

Nige 29-06-2010 09:15 PM

Goodwood on the 2nd July

Never been to this & to be honest i cant wait. I'm off down there with big e . I know Scott is going is anyone else off here???? :drive:

Mandy 29-06-2010 09:40 PM

Your love it mate :doubleup:

Im going on the sunday.

The forcast looks good for the whole duration.

Steve_PPP 29-06-2010 09:45 PM

its a great event, there's so much there that you'll struggle to see everything in 1 day!

couldn't make the Friday unfortunately, so i'm now going down on the Thursday for what they've called the 'Moving Motorshow'.

Dave Beck 29-06-2010 10:29 PM

There all weekend working. Should be good

WRX_Paul 29-06-2010 10:43 PM

i am going on friday, havnt been for about 6 years

Hongkongfooi 30-06-2010 08:26 AM

going friday with the wifee.....been every year it's been going bar one.

You will find me dribbling in the supercar paddock!

Steve_PPP 30-06-2010 08:34 AM

sounds like a SES mini meet on the Friday then! have a good time chaps, and i'll make sure i don't spoil the surprise with my photos from the Thursday :)

jay 30-06-2010 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Beck (Post 54046)
There all weekend working. Should be good

Is this with the RB foundation???

Trace and I are covering the motorbike helmet drop off on the Sunday for them as we help out every year.

Come and say hi if anyone gets bored.......not that you will!!

Anger 30-06-2010 09:39 AM

Super cars and so on do nothing for me.... So will be at Japshow all weekend, Jdm all the way :D

worzel 30-06-2010 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anger (Post 54075)
Super cars and so on do nothing for me.... So will be at Japshow all weekend, Jdm all the way :D

With the exception of the Porsche GT3 RS :tissue: And just maybe a Lambo

I agree with you mate. Supercars leave me cold as a rule.

Anger 30-06-2010 10:07 AM

ive driven a Gallardo a few times and have even been banned from a hotel in Malaysia for how i abused there Ferrari 460..... Two huge number 1's straight up the front entrance, 2 new tyres and clutch needed lol

worzel 30-06-2010 11:39 AM

PMSL :lol:

Dave Beck 30-06-2010 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jay (Post 54073)
Is this with the RB foundation???

Trace and I are covering the motorbike helmet drop off on the Sunday for them as we help out every year.

Come and say hi if anyone gets bored.......not that you will!!

No mate im working with the Navy helicopter display team

BIG"E" 01-07-2010 07:34 AM

Two days to go::ok:

http://email.lawcreative.co.uk/T/Vie...8C96E86323F7F9

worzel 01-07-2010 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Beck (Post 54087)
No mate im working with the Navy helicopter display team

Very cool :cool:

Dave Beck 01-07-2010 04:37 PM

Not now! Because ive been working nights they didnt think i wanted to go. I appreciated being asked :wa:

Funny how someone has already wormed their way into my spot. ****ing hate back stabbing.

Only 4 of us qualified to do it as well :evil:

Anyway if you see them now please kick them :whistle:

worzel 01-07-2010 04:46 PM

That a shame mate. :sadnod:

Theres always some ****er ready to stab you in the pooper though for their own gain.

So, anyone thats going, you have permission to plant a size 10 squarely in there nad regions! :fight:

Nige 01-07-2010 06:48 PM

The guy's that are going are we ment to meet up at any time in the day? :drive:

Moley_WRX 01-07-2010 07:27 PM

Careful of the Honda's

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/defa...?storyId=22157

Steve_PPP 01-07-2010 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moley_WRX (Post 54283)

Blimey

been down at Goodwood today and wondered if there'd been an accident - when heading back to the car, we weren't allowed into the main Moving Motor Show hall. Walked through there in the morning, and yes - it was an accident waiting to happen really. Amazed they were even allowed to do it - people milling around everywhere as punters tried to drive cars in and out of the stands.....

Justin 01-07-2010 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anger (Post 54075)

Bizarre statement James

Its a motorsport mecca, steeped in history. It does everything for me.

The supercar bit is just a prifory add on

Anger 01-07-2010 08:54 PM

What that i would rather see the fastest jap cars in the country run than be at Goodwood ?

C. J. 01-07-2010 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anger (Post 54303)
What that i would rather see the fastest jap cars in the country run than be at Goodwood ?

come again ?

Anger 01-07-2010 10:09 PM

Wasnt talking to you was i... look at post 21

C. J. 01-07-2010 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anger (Post 54326)
Wasnt talking to you was i... look at post 21

Still lost as to what your saying or is it in dutch !

Justin 01-07-2010 10:26 PM

Saying that Goodwood does nothing for you, yet you compete (or have done) in motorsport.

Also alluding to Goodwood being some supercar event, which it isn't. Its a competition car event 1st.

Oh and the fastest jap cars in the country will be at goodwood this weekend, well apart from the Mugen Civic, lol

C. J. 01-07-2010 10:37 PM

plus better than sitting at a pickey site ! LOL

Kei Man 01-07-2010 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nige (Post 54276)
The guy's that are going are we ment to meet up at any time in the day? :drive:

Sounds like an idea- aiming to be there by 08.30, definately going up to the rally stage.
Someone make some suggestions and maybe it can happen. Lots of people and a large space - we might never see each other unless there is a plan.:more:
13.00hrs near the paddock with the rally cars?- don't know where it is but a possible meet:?::?:.

Anger 01-07-2010 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C. J. (Post 54340)
plus better than sitting at a pickey site ! LOL

Good comment... oh clever one

Anger 01-07-2010 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin (Post 54336)
Saying that Goodwood does nothing for you, yet you compete (or have done) in motorsport.

Also alluding to Goodwood being some supercar event, which it isn't. Its a competition car event 1st.

Oh and the fastest jap cars in the country will be at goodwood this weekend, well apart from the Mugen Civic, lol

Been there and done it and wasnt impressed... what can i say... im not you !!!

Justin 01-07-2010 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kei Man (Post 54341)
Sounds like an idea- aiming to be there by 08.30, definately going up to the rally stage.
Someone make some suggestions and maybe it can happen. Lots of people and a large space - we might never see each other unless there is a plan.:more:
13.00hrs near the paddock with the rally cars?- don't know where it is but a possible meet:?::?:.

Sounds like some form of plan

How about the beer tent at Top Paddock 13:00

Justin 01-07-2010 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anger (Post 54344)
Been there and done it and wasnt impressed... what can i say... im not you !!!

I'm not you either and mutual exclusivity is fine by me, baby :wave:

Never been to Jap bash but I'm sure I'd enjoy it, but I can't wait for tomorrow, I'm taking my little lad and just for you James I've got him a Ferrari hat to wear :D

Anger 01-07-2010 10:58 PM

Make sure Mandy (ratboy) dosnt try to steal the hat, you know what hes like with anything Ferrari ;)

Kei Man 01-07-2010 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin (Post 54346)
Sounds like some form of plan

How about the beer tent at Top Paddock 13:00

OK by me but not drinking-:tequila:I've got to drive:paranoid:

tbtstt 02-07-2010 02:56 PM

The supercar paddock is for posers; real men go and check out the rally stage at the top of the hill! ;-)

It's not a proper motorsport event unless bit of the track are flying at you! :lol:

DukeBoy 02-07-2010 07:24 PM

Well...............not to sure what to think of the FOS, 1st time i've been and not all it's cracked up to be in my opinion. People say your'll strugle to see everything in one day, well i was getting bored about 1.30ish after being there since 8 so we left just after 2.

Not many current rally car there, not many current bikes either, i'm glad the tickets were free because after this year i wouldn't pay to get in and probably won't be going back in the future!!!

Well after that little rant, i did think the organisation was spot on though!!!

Steve_PPP 02-07-2010 08:38 PM

shame you didn't think much of it, but as you say - at least it was free.

thought the rally stage wasn't bad last year, but obviously can't comment on this years. its a bit mickey-mouse, but then it brings the stars and the cars to the people in a confined space, so its always gonna be.

Crowman 02-07-2010 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DukeBoy (Post 54469)
Well...............not to sure what to think of the FOS, 1st time i've been and not all it's cracked up to be in my opinion. People say your'll strugle to see everything in one day, well i was getting bored about 1.30ish after being there since 8 so we left just after 2.

Not many current rally car there, not many current bikes either, i'm glad the tickets were free because after this year i wouldn't pay to get in and probably won't be going back in the future!!!

Seems like its may be gone down hill a little, i have been some years ago and it was actually fantastic and took all day to see everything, from what your saying Rich, its not like that now.

Mandy 02-07-2010 09:36 PM

It gets bigger and better every year.
You may have had a slightly bad time as it wasnt the main day.
Ive tried all the days over many years and sunday is by far the best...although you do have to put up with double the amount of people,which is a shame.

Justin 03-07-2010 07:44 AM

I thought it was great, although very dusty due to the weather. I chatted to Christian Horner, Andy Green - chatted to the design team of Bloodhound. Saw Adrian Newey drive the latest RedBull up the Hill. Mecedes, Lotus and Williams also with this years cars.

My little boy who is only 3 really enjoyed it, we arrived for 11am and stayed right to the end. We only had time to do the rally stage and Paddock, F1 paddock and spent a bit of time at the Junior FOS and the boy was allowed on the electric go-karts - by far the fastest thing he has driven, he loved it.

Also charmed the lotus girls and got invited into the pit garage for snaps :)

Never had time to see any of the stands in the cricket pitch, or do the supercar bit since the boy wanted to watch cars going up the hill all day.

Few pics

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a80...y/02072010.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a80...072010_001.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a80...072010_002.jpg

Scott.T 03-07-2010 08:43 AM

well i got there at 9 and left at 8. Still didn't see everything (bottom paddock and majority of manufaturer stand). Some of the modern stuff being there depends if it clashed with an event. If wrc is this weekend that is why they wont be there but then wrc is only ford and citroen anyway. I just enjoy the ambience, weather and goodwood burgers and beer. The money saved on entrance always goes on food and beer. It is pricey but then it was free to get in.

XRS 03-07-2010 09:01 AM

Also saw Christian Horner - seems a nice guy, chatting and signing autographs. Also Bruno Senna seemed happy to pose for photos (not for me).

Very full day, and felt I only skimmed the surface of what's there.

DukeBoy 03-07-2010 11:37 AM

Ummm maybe i went to a different show then :lol:

Crowman 03-07-2010 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DukeBoy (Post 54535)
Ummm maybe i went to a different show then :lol:

Think you must of mate, seems most thought it was great.
Still, ive always said you wre a bit diferent:rofl:

DukeBoy 03-07-2010 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crowman (Post 54548)
Still, ive always said you were a bit diferent:rofl:

:lol:......well F1 does nothing for me, supercars don't really do it either, so that just leaves the bikes and the rallying to which there were only a handful there.

Each to there own i suppose!!!

XRS 03-07-2010 01:29 PM

http://www.goodwood.co.uk/festival-o...ideo-feed.aspx

Kei Man 03-07-2010 01:35 PM

Brilliant day out, as was announced WRC teams were abroad preparing for next weekend. :ok:
Absolutely knackered today. don't think I have done so much walking for ages.
Only thing not impressed with was coming back to a very dusty brown car afterwards.:tumbleweed:
Only saw a few of you and think I was the only person who wore their SES polo shirt, got to give the club a bit of exposure:|

bigemp 03-07-2010 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DukeBoy (Post 54469)

richard,
must admit we have always gone on a sunday which always have more stars and drivers etc(which probably doesnt impress you lol),and have in the past seen the likes of fogarty,nicky hayden and other motogp riders etc which i presume do impress you lol and wrc drivers mcrae/solberg etc just unfortunately they are running events the same weekend so shame they wasnt there,but tickets for free was a bonus!!!!!!!!!!!

i reckon you just a miserable old sod and suprised charlotte puts up with you:lol:

bigemp 03-07-2010 03:52 PM

and did anyone look at the mg stand wtf there designers should be shot,have original mg owners turning in there graves!!!

DukeBoy 04-07-2010 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigemp (Post 54583)
richard,
must admit we have always gone on a sunday which always have more stars and drivers etc(which probably doesnt impress you lol),and have in the past seen the likes of fogarty,nicky hayden and other motogp riders etc which i presume do impress you lol and wrc drivers mcrae/solberg etc just unfortunately they are running events the same weekend so shame they wasnt there,but tickets for free was a bonus!!!!!!!!!!!

i reckon you just a miserable old sod and suprised charlotte puts up with you:lol:

:rofl:........Yes agree Dave, the tickets were free so can't really complain.
But just not what i was expecting having not been before, as you say Sunday is probably the best day to go it's just a shame that the stars are not there throughout the whole weekend.