South East Scoobies

South East Scoobies (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/index.php)
-   General Mechanics (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Idle and rev problem :-( (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/showthread.php?t=14873)

Bugeye-Steve 25-02-2013 06:12 PM

Idle and rev problem :-(

Hi not been on in a while
I have a 51 plate bug eye over the last few weeks i got stuck in stop start traffic now its been idling funny like ticking over at around 500rpm and sometimes drops right down to nearly 0 I have no engine lights on either . Was told try new plugs and fuel filter but no different (HELP PLEASE ) :-).

SpecB 25-02-2013 06:16 PM

Possibly the MAF needs a clean, is it remapped at all?

Also the ISV could be gummed up.

SamSTI 25-02-2013 06:17 PM

I had this problem on my last scooby (blob wrx), I cleaned the idle control valve which cured the problem.

Hope this helps

C. J. 25-02-2013 06:20 PM

sounds like ICV
Either delete the water passage going through the throttle body which isnt need here as it dont get cold enough or by a new gasket before taking apart

Bugeye-Steve 25-02-2013 06:21 PM

Not yet was told it might run poor as its had a walbro pump /up pipe / and a new k&n filter on a standard ecu . Will try clean them out tomora shall I just use like a carb cleaner spray ??

C. J. 25-02-2013 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeye-Steve (Post 154724)
Not yet was told it might run poor as its had a walbro pump /up pipe / and a new k&n filter on a standard ecu . Will try clean them out tomora shall I just use like a carb cleaner spray ??

yes and sock it for a while if poss

Bugeye-Steve 25-02-2013 06:29 PM

Ahh cheers guys will let u no how I get on once cleaned if not il replace . Now have engine light on being a dick I unplugged the icv with engine running n light stayed on . Luck next door has a snap on code reader . Just thought could a dodgy hks bov cause this ??

majorscooby 25-02-2013 06:42 PM

Hmmm, sounds interesting. I have recently put a walbro 255 on mine and its running really poo, everything standard on my car, but revs hunting and dropping down to zero when approaching traffic lights as I dip the clutch to stop. Never did it with the standard one.I've been pointed in the direction of my MAF which is a poss as its 13 years old but your the third person that has a walbro on then had issues???
As for the BoV I had a similar prob with my Forge one. Each time I stopped and dipped the clutch pedal the revs fell and the car nearly stalled, took it off put the original recirc back on and the problem went away.

Bugeye-Steve 25-02-2013 06:55 PM

Yeah the hks bov somtimes don't dump like its ment to . As for the pump now been told walbro use a smaller sock reducing the flow more than a standard ?? Gonna clean the icv and see then if not may just drop it into slowboy racing cheers for help and comment tho
:-)

majorscooby 25-02-2013 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeye-Steve (Post 154729)
Yeah the hks bov somtimes don't dump like its ment to . As for the pump now been told walbro use a smaller sock reducing the flow more than a standard ?? Gonna clean the icv and see then if not may just drop it into slowboy racing cheers for help and comment tho
:-)

Yeah I've heard about the pre filter issue being smaller which it is as I noticed when changing mine. I used the original larger sock.

Type-r-russ 25-02-2013 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C. J. (Post 154723)
sounds like ICV
Either delete the water passage going through the throttle body which isnt need here as it dont get cold enough or by a new gasket before taking apart

mine idles a bit lumpy its been mapped for no maf do you think this could be ICV

bonner 25-02-2013 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeye-Steve (Post 154726)
Ahh cheers guys will let u no how I get on once cleaned if not il replace . Now have engine light on being a dick I unplugged the icv with engine running n light stayed on . Luck next door has a snap on code reader . Just thought could a dodgy hks bov cause this ??

as major says try the original recurc!! my blobeye ran perfect when i first got it! i also have a supposidly hks black limited this was the first thing i changed and once fitted and fired up it ran lumpy almost cutting out! i have the same problem myself worse in the mornings from cold! also where did you get the hks from? there are many fakes about with mine being one of them! google it as there is a thread on s,net showing detailed images and what to look for! the first thing is the hks stamp on the back! should be like a silver crest and the lettering hks in hologram!!

alot have said about the icv so try both!

Bugeye-Steve 25-02-2013 10:10 PM

I have a receipt for it from scooby world . Yeah a few mates have had a few wrong uns . Yeah gonna try again tomora hopefully will get it sorted . Another question can the ecu be reset by hand or only a computer ?

SpecB 26-02-2013 06:28 AM

You can reset by hand using the test connectors under the dash, I think JGM has instructions on his site.

If you clean the ISV make sure you get a new gasket first as you'll never get the old one back in!

Bugeye-Steve 26-02-2013 05:57 PM

Afternoon guys just have the bug eye code read again after trying to clean the icv but with no luck . Again no faults found he seems to think i have a air leak somewhere are there any common pipes that go ? Its still hitting around a bar of boost tho with no problems ?

Bugeye-Steve 05-03-2013 05:36 PM

Sorry lads only me again . There is a electronic valve ? On the passenger side of the engine beside the washer bottle with around a 3 inch hose coming of it . Dose anyone no what this is or weather it's meant to be connected to anything??