South East Scoobies

South East Scoobies (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/index.php)
-   Chassis Tuning (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Fast road geo-setup?... (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/showthread.php?t=14014)

brensscooby 10-05-2012 07:25 PM

Fast road geo-setup?...

Evening all, can anyone recommend someone in kent to do a fast road geo setup for a good price on my95 V2 sti RA?...:thanx:

Nige 10-05-2012 08:03 PM

Maybe you should introduce yourself 1st. It's only being polite & your more likely to get info from the rest of us. A couple of pics of your car would also be good. :wink:

Hongkongfooi 10-05-2012 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nige (Post 132582)
Maybe you should introduce yourself 1st. It's only being polite & your more likely to get info from the rest of us. A couple of pics of your car would also be good. :wink:

:agreed: but slowboy racing in kent are meant to be good?

C. J. 10-05-2012 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hongkongfooi (Post 132586)
:agreed: but slowboy racing in kent are meant to be good?

Jura very quickly got his redone !

Nige 10-05-2012 09:45 PM

Trying to make a point to new folk. Introduction is important as we don't know them. Also we like people to stay. So giving info away we have all spent good money on finding out isn't ideal. People come on selling or buying,asking & then not coming back doesn't in my view build a good forum.

BIG"E" 10-05-2012 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nige (Post 132594)
Trying to make a point to new folk. Introduction is important as we don't know them. Also we like people to stay. So giving info away we have all spent good money on finding out isn't ideal. People come on selling or buying,asking & then not coming back doesn't in my view build a good forum.

:agreed:

Its only good manners..

Which is why we have a New Members first post section :nod:

Welcome brensscooby :five:

brensscooby 11-05-2012 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nige (Post 132582)

Sorry fellas, introduction all done!... Cheers: :doubleup:

Slowboy-racing 15-05-2012 08:25 PM

Did I miss something here? We don't set up alignment here or have that facility to do so.

Quote:

Originally Posted by C. J. (Post 132587)
Jura very quickly got his redone !

C. J. 15-05-2012 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slowboy Racing (Post 133160)
Did I miss something here? We don't set up alignment here or have that facility to do so.

I believe you arranged with a third party who by the looks of the set up they gave him , they must of not know the the front from the rear .
As for setting geo up all you need is four gallon cans and a piece of string !As my customer ken Brittan ( part of bbw racing ) puts it and showed me how ! Old school ;)

Slowboy-racing 15-05-2012 10:17 PM

In the context of this thread you made a comment based on that :sadno: I am pleased someone has shown you how to use the string technique, im sure you will have lots of fun with that. :doubleup:

Just to clarify, We hadn’t used D*S, the brothers drove there after us deciding on the day GRD where too far, I think you know the story from there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by C. J. (Post 133176)
I believe you arranged with a third party who by the looks of the set up they gave him , they must of not know the the front from the rear .
As for setting geo up all you need is four gallon cans and a piece of string !As my customer ken Brittan ( part of bbw racing ) puts it and showed me how ! Old school ;)

jura11 16-05-2012 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C. J. (Post 133176)

Hi CJ

Nobody arranged our geo get done at DMS,DMS have good reputation as you know at track day car preparation and we are used them before and we are been very happy with their setup on the drag strip(on track we are been limited with front camber,due we are running 245 as you know)

At first we are been at James@GRD which done for us Wheel alignment,which has been much worse than first from DMS ,if you want i will post the full geo without the problem and mainly £100 for front as he(James) said...

Second thing our last setup is -2.5 at front,-1.5 at rear and really i can post both setups

Jura

BIG"E" 16-05-2012 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brensscooby (Post 132576)
Evening all, can anyone recommend someone in kent to do a fast road geo setup for a good price on my95 V2 sti RA?...:thanx:

Back to the original post.

What would be the a good fast road set up?

How many degrease of this or that?

A...for a classic

B..for a newage with STI suspension..

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks :nod:

jura11 16-05-2012 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG"E" (Post 133323)
Back to the original post.

What would be the a good fast road set up?

How many degrease of this or that?

A...for a classic

B..for a newage with STI suspension..

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks :nod:

Hi there

I've run 3 setups,which i can compare in my view

1) FR -1.18 RR -2.31 this has been best on drag racing,with this setup we are run our best Santa pod PB 12.1...For track days,has been not the best,but on fast road has been OK and has feel good

2) FR -2.31 RR -1.56/-2.16 which has been not the best like on road or track(drag mainly)...Driving with this setup has been something what i would say,front end lifting on hard acceleration,on fast road we are been much more very cautious and not very confident with this setup

3) FR -2.00, RR -1.38/-1.32 which is in my view best and feels amazing like on fast road or drag,no front end lifting,feels amazingly great on road and really we are very confident with this setup drive

Many people says,more camber at front like rear is mostly used and working very well on road or track

Hope this help

Jura

rossmarts 17-05-2012 07:44 AM

I had my geo setup by this guy - http://www.steeralign.co.uk/ It totally transformed the handling of the car.

He is called Matt Oliver and has done a number of cars that compete in the Sevenoaks Speed League, all with extremely positive feedback. Matt was the 2007 British Sprint Champion in a Judd powered single seater and really knows what he is up to with regards setting up to order, or recommending settings where necessary. Definitely worth a call.

brensscooby 19-05-2012 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brensscooby (Post 132576)

Anyone had any experience with IA motorsoport? Use to be in sittingbourne, now moved to Borstal?