South East Scoobies

South East Scoobies (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/index.php)
-   Engine Management (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   P0327 knock sensor (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/showthread.php?t=23488)

boggissimo 05-02-2019 09:34 AM

P0327 knock sensor

[apologies to anyone who's already read this on scoobynet]
I went away for a few days and left my car at the airport. On my way home, the engine light came on, and it has sounded a bit lumpy when I started it up, but I thought it was just cold. The light didn't come on until a few miles down the road.

I read the code, and it came up with P0327, which seems to be:
Powertrain - Ignition System or Misfire - ISO/SAE Controlled
Knock Sensor 1 Circuit Low
Location Bank 1 or Single Sensor

Anyone had this before? Is it going to be a duff sensor, or actual knocking? Car has done 115k with some mods and map that have been on for more than a year.

I cleared the code and it didn't come back after 20 miles of driving. Currently just keeping fingers crossed, but I'll be on track at Silverstone in a couple of weeks so don't want to jeopardise that.

Any advice appreciated!

Red Baron 05-02-2019 01:49 PM

May be unrelated but did you park your car at the airport or did you let a parking company park it for you?

boggissimo 05-02-2019 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Baron (Post 248000)
May be unrelated but did you park your car at the airport or did you let a parking company park it for you?

It was the official Gatwick valet parking, so it didn't stay in the same place I parked it... The car travelled less than 7 miles between me leaving it and picking it up. I have used the cheaper valet services before but having seen the horror stories now only use the official one.

The CEL wasn't on when I first started it up, so either they noticed and cleared the code, or it really was just a coincidence.

Frenchie 05-02-2019 05:31 PM

Heard so many bad stories about airport parking would never leave a car with any of them. 7 miles seems a bit excessive.

boggissimo 05-02-2019 06:17 PM

I didn't mention it originally because I knew it would all get sidetracked talking about that - whatever happened, I've still got the code to worry about!

Frenchie 05-02-2019 06:29 PM

Can't help with the code I'am afraid,but Scott will be around soon.

HYDROSCOBY 05-02-2019 07:18 PM

If you have a reader can you see if it's a pending code? If it's a issue still and happens so many times it then flags up a code I believe but maybe wrong

SpecB 05-02-2019 08:35 PM

I had the engine light (Knock warning on my car) come up as an advisory on an MOT once - they were not happy when I went back with the logs from the Syvecs to show them the car had been doing 97mph at 5000rpm in the time they had the car - needless to say that garage were never used again nor did they charge me for the MOT and service!

555_Si 06-02-2019 11:47 AM

I'd just see if the code comes back, Subaru's seem to be a bit eager to throw a code I find.

Quite often when I drove my old Bug hard the EML would come on and then clear, usually a trivial code, my car had 140+k miles on it and was still going fine.

boggissimo 06-02-2019 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 555_Si (Post 248010)
I'd just see if the code comes back, Subaru's seem to be a bit eager to throw a code I find.

Quite often when I drove my old Bug hard the EML would come on and then clear, usually a trivial code, my car had 140+k miles on it and was still going fine.

Yeah, I'm hoping it was just having a grumpy moment, I wasn't pushing it hard at all, just pootling along. Will be taking it out for a drive over the weekend so will see if I can get it to come up again.

boggissimo 08-02-2019 10:12 AM

I've ordered a replacement sensor from ICP, apparently it's a simple job to replace so just going to do that and save the worry. Also need to finish up fitting new pads/disks I got from Alyn, ready for Silverstone next weekend :drive: