South East Scoobies

South East Scoobies (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/index.php)
-   Engine Management (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Boost controller (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/showthread.php?t=22661)

Jason sti 05-06-2017 10:16 PM

Boost controller

Hi all.ive got a v/7 bugeye sti wagon,had a custom remap on it and decat downpipe.upgraded fuel pump.hks induction kit adjustable shocks etc.think mines got the forged bits in the engine!when I bought the car it also had ebc fitted with display screen.had it mapped and the guy said he wouldn't map it and keep boost controller on it.he done a great job with the car but it's nowhere near as fast as it was before(ok obviously faster than standard)but I miss how it was before.i still have all the parts,and it's all ready to put together,if you now how.but I don't.is there anyone around Thanet that 1 could help me put it back on and 2 is it a good idea to put it back on?any comments would be helpful.thanks j

Rdlangy1 06-06-2017 02:42 PM

HI Jason - welcome to the site.

I have moved this thread to the engine management section :ok:

You could try and speak with Rich @ FB Tuning (in my sig) although he isn't local to Thanet.

perhaps put some pics up in the newbies section as well when you get time :ok:

Can I ask if it had a custom map on it, why did you need to remap it again? As I have found out, speed isn't everything, and sometimes a remap will smooth out the torque and make the car accelerate much smoother which gives the impression it isn't quite as quick as it doesn't slam you into the back of the seat.

Ryan

SpecB 06-06-2017 02:52 PM

Who mapped the car - if they were a know Subaru mapper rather than an all makes chipper then I'd doubt that the car is slower unless it was mapped too close to the limit!

My last remap took my Impreza from 445 to about 431 as a greater safety margin was put in as I was too close to the limit of the MAP sensor. If you map too close to the limits you risk reliability issues or total failure!

Most mappers won't touch an EBC as the ecu will do as good a job anyway when mapped properly and the EBC could take the boost outside of the ECU parameters and mess up the fueling etc.

Neil97rs 07-06-2017 09:57 AM

What sort of remap was it? Custom tune of standard ecu ? Aftermarket ECU fitted? Or just an off the shelf flash map?

If any of the first two it wouldn't need the boost controller as the ECU will deal with the boost settings and can be raised from their.

What was the EBC set at? What was the max boost and what are you reaching now?

PS welcome to the forum

Jason sti 07-06-2017 04:16 PM

Hi m8.it's was a custom tune on standard ecu.it's set at 1.2 on the custom map.like you said then,it don't need the ebc on a custom remap thanks.when I just had ebc on it i don't no really what the boost was.but it was quicker for sure.j