South East Scoobies

South East Scoobies (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/index.php)
-   Non Scooby / Non Car Related (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Very quiet on here (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/showthread.php?t=24089)

Frenchie 10-06-2022 07:59 AM

Very quiet on here

It's been very quiet on here for sometime, understandable while Covid was rampant but now restrictions have liftedI had anticipated a pick up. Are people now posting on social media outlets,which I'am not a member off.

asperformance 10-06-2022 09:02 AM

just very quiet in general I believe.............

Neil97rs 10-06-2022 06:37 PM

The facebook page isnt particularly busy either

scixer6r 12-06-2022 07:06 PM

Yes very, was hoping to meet up with some others but got ignored 😂🤗

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BIG"E" 13-06-2022 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frenchie (Post 254146)
It's been very quiet on here for sometime, understandable while Covid was rampant but now restrictions have liftedI had anticipated a pick up. Are people now posting on social media outlets,which I'am not a member off.

I think its quite on most forums at the moment..

The ring trip normally creates plenty of posts, but there doesn't seem to be any interest in going even after the 2 year brake.
If anyone is interested in going please let me know..

HYDROSCOBY 14-06-2022 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG"E" (Post 254153)

The ring trip normally creates plenty of posts, but there doesn't seem to be any interest in going even after the 2 year brake.
If anyone is interested in going please let me know..

I would love to go to the ring for a trip but car needs to much work at the moment. Still doing the engine swap on are mx5 track car, working and climbing a lot as well so just havnt got the time to get some work done on it.

See how it all goes but might fit in end of the year trip

BIG"E" 14-06-2022 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HYDROSCOBY (Post 254154)
I would love to go to the ring for a trip but car needs to much work at the moment.
See how it all goes but might fit in end of the year trip

I'm possibly looking at the end of July

Frenchie 14-08-2022 07:35 AM

Anybody out there? Never known it to be this quiet. Thought the weekend meets might have restarted.

HYDROSCOBY 14-08-2022 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frenchie (Post 254194)
Anybody out there? Never known it to be this quiet. Thought the weekend meets might have restarted.

I still log on every now and then. Yeah I would of thought more meets ect would of been arranged, but it's so quiet, so the less people come on and the quieter it gets

Frenchie 14-08-2022 12:01 PM

Thanks HYDROSCOBY, was beginning to thick I was alone on here��

555_Si 14-08-2022 09:40 PM

Just got back from a 12 day trip driving down to st tropez and then backup through monaco, italy, france, switzerland, germany, luxemburg and belgium.

Now back to the crappy uk! Must remember pot holes.

Frenchie 15-08-2022 07:44 AM

That's quite a trip,were you in the Subaru? Can only really speak for France, but our resurfacing road policy is excellent especially compared to the UK which is pothole hell.

asperformance 15-08-2022 02:52 PM

I still float through most days........

Frenchie 15-08-2022 08:13 PM

Good to hear,that makes two of us ��.

555_Si 16-08-2022 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frenchie (Post 254198)
That's quite a trip,were you in the Subaru? Can only really speak for France, but our resurfacing road policy is excellent especially compared to the UK which is pothole hell.

No i was in the Tesla, don’t think i could have driven that in the Scoob, i like my ease of driving and creature comforts these days.

Red Baron 17-08-2022 09:01 AM

Well I'll just point out that I did actually drive mine this morning, but that was only because the Passat died on me at the end of my road.
Boy does it drink fuel when on boost, couldn't afford to do that every day.

tbtstt 18-08-2022 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG"E" (Post 254153)

Yeah, virtually all the car forums I visit are very quiet.

I still log on every few days to see if anything is going on.

Frenchie 18-08-2022 01:35 PM

Interesting that it's quiet everywhere, thought everyone had switched to Facebook or some over media that I'am not aware of.

Steve_PPP 19-08-2022 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frenchie (Post 254205)
thought everyone had switched to Facebook

That's exactly it... most have moved their activity and questions onto facebook/instagram. It's been a general decline for many forums over the last 5 years.

We're looking at our options with SES - this forum has been a great place for the Subaru community since 2008 - but it unfortunately does cost to run. If the usage isn't there these days as people have migrated to social media, that isn't a viable cost long term. We've also got some upgrades to do and if we have any problems with those, it might be the right time to say enough is enough, and just migrate to facebook completely. Hopefully we have a clearer picture in the coming weeks.

In terms of the upgrades, our hosts are forcing through a few backend software upgrades (at some point) which may well break this version of the forum. We don't know when - they said they would do it last month, but didn't. So if we disappear suddenly, that's why. Once it happens, we should be able to get back online (pending any decision mentioned above) by upgrading our software to match.

Watch this space I guess. We know there's a few of you chaps who only use the forum and aren't on social media, but it may well be one of those cases where we can't please everyone....

Frenchie 20-08-2022 07:22 AM

Thanks for the update Steve. Would be very sad to see
this platform disappear, but can understand if it's not being used. I for one would certainly miss it.