South East Scoobies

South East Scoobies (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/index.php)
-   News and Announcements (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   SES over 15 years old (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/showthread.php?t=24178)

Frenchie 14-01-2024 05:37 PM

SES over 15 years old

SES now than 15 years old. Hopefully it will keep going ,but with the current level of activity I'm not too confident.

Steve_PPP 16-01-2024 09:08 AM

Yes, 15 years in Sept 23. Time flies.

We'll have to have some talks behind the scenes re: the future of the forum as its currently costing me £175/yr to host and whilst I'd love to keep it going, it's not getting the traffic to warrant the cost these days. We used to get donations from members that offset that cost for many years, but that's long dried up. If the forum does go, we'll always continue to exist on facebook but I know that doesn't suit everyone.

Frenchie 16-01-2024 04:41 PM

Hi Steve,thanks for being there ��. Certainly the quietest I've ever known on here and Certainly shouldn't be funded by you. I even have access to Facebook now,but don't use it much. If SES was to move there in a similar format I could cope and maybe younger members would be more active with a forum they are more familiar with.

Neil97rs 16-01-2024 07:17 PM

Very little activity here now.
To be fair I've been very lacking in trying to source any meets as well

Frenchie 17-01-2024 07:25 AM

15 years on September 23!,that's my birthday ��. Perhaps we could organise a meet and all attendees could bring me a present ��.

Steve_PPP 17-01-2024 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frenchie (Post 254595)
15 years on September 23!,that's my birthday ��. Perhaps we could organise a meet and all attendees could bring me a present ��.

I meant 15 years back in September 2023 ;)

BIG"E" 20-01-2024 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_PPP (Post 254589)
Yes, 15 years in Sept 23. Time flies.

We'll have to have some talks behind the scenes re: the future of the forum as its currently costing me £175/yr to host and whilst I'd love to keep it going, it's not getting the traffic to warrant the cost these days. We used to get donations from members that offset that cost for many years, but that's long dried up. If the forum does go, we'll always continue to exist on facebook but I know that doesn't suit everyone.

Perhaps you should ask for donations I for one am willing to contribute..

Frenchie 20-01-2024 05:42 PM

I'd be happy to contribute, but agree very little activity on here. Not a great Facebook user,but if I knew SES was using it as a platform I can access it and it is probably more agreeable to the younger members, ie those under 60 🤪🤪

BIG"E" 25-01-2024 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frenchie (Post 254600)
I'd be happy to contribute, but agree very little activity on here. Not a great Facebook user,but if I knew SES was using it as a platform I can access it and it is probably more agreeable to the younger members, ie those under 60 🤪🤪

I said all along FB would detract from our SES forum..

Steve_PPP 25-01-2024 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG"E" (Post 254601)
I said all along FB would detract from our SES forum..

Well.... as per Terry's post, you fit into the over 60's category ;)

Lucky 25-01-2024 09:11 PM

Hi Guys,

I hope you are all well.

I miss the site as it was, and the friends I made. Im not on facebook so missed out a bit when it migrated towards that. This club will probably be the best and most memorable car club I ever belonged to. I belong to the local Porsche club and have for a few years but it doesn't come close.

I, for one would happily donate to keep this moving and am happy to get involved again if it was to ever be pushed forward. I’m just not sure how many people are left or would rejoin. I know everyone moves on. I still look at hawk’s on Pistionheads :lol:, so who knows!. That illusive RB320 may happen one day :lol:

BIG"E" 18-04-2024 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky (Post 254603)
Hi Guys,

I hope you are all well.

I miss the site as it was, and the friends I made. Im not on facebook so missed out a bit when it migrated towards that. This club will probably be the best and most memorable car club I ever belonged to. I belong to the local Porsche club and have for a few years but it doesn't come close.

I, for one would happily donate to keep this moving and am happy to get involved again if it was to ever be pushed forward. I’m just not sure how many people are left or would rejoin. I know everyone moves on. I still look at hawk’s on Pistionheads :lol:, so who knows!. That illusive RB320 may happen one day :lol:

Hi Steve,
I hope you are well Ive still got my WR1.

Perhaps we could have a mini meeting between ourselves Frenchy yourself and me.
2 scoobs and a Porsche.

Lucky 18-04-2024 08:07 PM

Hi mate,

I often wondered if you still had the old girl. I guessed you would as that would be hard to part with.

Yeah, I’d be up for a meet up somewhere at some point. Maybe see how many we can get. Beachy head in the summer or something. 👍