South East Scoobies

South East Scoobies (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/index.php)
-   Nurburgring Video's (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/forumdisplay.php?f=196)
-   -   Guide to your 1st lap (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/showthread.php?t=14645)

BIG"E" 02-02-2013 09:52 PM

Guide to your 1st lap

This is taken from Bridge to Gantry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdUZP...322093&index=2

Keep an eye on the lines taken...

ajf 02-02-2013 09:59 PM

Just watch out for marker boards lol

BIG"E" 02-02-2013 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajf (Post 152109)
Just watch out for marker boards lol

Luckily there are not any saying Pits this way...:lol: :five:

Granby 02-02-2013 11:21 PM

Just look for the tree :)

ajf 03-02-2013 08:09 AM

Which bloody tree

SpecB 03-02-2013 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Granby (Post 152115)
Just look for the tree :)

Not you Nige!

Bolesroor 03-02-2013 07:59 PM

Liked that,please can I borrow yours for the 1st lap Ian? :grin:

Nige 04-02-2013 05:42 PM

Trees, barriers, nothing as soft as a board here :twisted:

BIG"E" 21-04-2013 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolesroor (Post 152207)
please can I borrow yours for the 1st lap Ian? :grin:

Yes no probs if we swap...:yeah:

Steve_PPP 24-01-2016 08:44 PM

Just to bump an old thread, found this on youtube... good vid for helping learn the circuit :ok:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhAvWCFOzD4

BIG"E" 24-01-2016 09:29 PM

Would that be this one Steve :lol:
http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/v...ad.php?t=17698

It is a good vid though :doubleup:

Steve_PPP 24-01-2016 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG"E" (Post 219217)
Would that be this one Steve :lol:
http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/v...ad.php?t=17698

It is a good vid though :doubleup:

Dammit :lol:

And i even replied two years ago in that thread too, must be getting old and losing my marbles! :sos:

BIG"E" 24-01-2016 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_PPP (Post 219218)
Dammit :lol:

And i even replied two years ago in that thread too, must be getting old and losing my marbles! :sos:

It happens to us all sooner or later.

In your case it's sooner...:lol:

Rdlangy1 25-01-2016 03:54 AM

I shall begin to study :ok:

BIG"E" 25-01-2016 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdlangy1 (Post 219220)
I shall begin to study :ok:

This vid gives you an idea of the undulations twists and turns..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jM46Wux0GcE

Rdlangy1 25-01-2016 07:00 AM

Ok not cr*pping myself to much! Ha ha

40mph is an acceptable speed right? Pmsl

BIG"E" 25-01-2016 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdlangy1 (Post 219225)
Ok not cr*pping myself to much! Ha ha

40mph is an acceptable speed right? Pmsl

I will take you round following me as I have done several of the others,

dont panic !!

Ill take you round when its quiet either Friday night or its preferable Saturday morning before breakfast. :ok: :drive: :drive::WR1::P1:

Rdlangy1 25-01-2016 07:17 AM

Ur a star Ian - :ok:

555_Si 25-01-2016 08:03 AM

Just....I REPEAT...just don't go out with Steve_PPP for a quick passenger ride first, your head will be spinning for a while afterwards!!!!!

I could probably put Ginola on that list as well now, can't comment about Ian as still waiting for a lap with him :-)

Steve_PPP 25-01-2016 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 555_Si (Post 219230)
Just....I REPEAT...just don't go out with Steve_PPP for a quick passenger ride first, your head will be spinning for a while afterwards!!!!!

Well, we weren't far from spinning the car too on the damp under the trees at Adenauer Forst, not quite sure how it stayed on the tarmac :lol:

All good fun :drive:

Red Baron 25-01-2016 08:40 AM

Here you go Ryan, my first ever lap, Scott kindly offered to show me around and then promptly disappeared and I never saw him again. Just treat it like a quick drive on a country road with the advantage of not worrying about anything coming the other way.

https://youtu.be/kzgoPTGSy1A

Shane

Rdlangy1 25-01-2016 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_PPP (Post 219231)
Well, we weren't far from spinning the car too on the damp under the trees at Adenauer Forst, not quite sure how it stayed on the tarmac :lol:

All good fun :drive:

Squeaky bum time eh? Ha ha

Rdlangy1 25-01-2016 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Baron (Post 219232)
Here you go Ryan, my first ever lap, Scott kindly offered to show me around and then promptly disappeared and I never saw him again. Just treat it like a quick drive on a country road with the advantage of not worrying about anything coming the other way.

https://youtu.be/kzgoPTGSy1A

Shane

Cheers Shane - looks good :ok:

Must get on project cars and practise - at least I may have a rough idea where I'm going that way!

Red Baron 25-01-2016 08:49 AM

Just take your time, watch your mirrors and go at your own pace, if you're coming to the brow of a hill and you're not sure what's on the other side then lift off, there's no shame in coming back in one piece. There will be a lot of slower cars that will come past you but these guys either know the place like the back of their hands or there is a good chance you'll see them a few corners later wrapped round the armco. Just enjoy it, my brother and I were grinning from ear to ear when we got back.

Steve_PPP 25-01-2016 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Baron (Post 219235)
Just take your time, watch your mirrors and go at your own pace, if you're coming to the brow of a hill and you're not sure what's on the other side then lift off, there's no shame in coming back in one piece. There will be a lot of slower cars that will come past you but these guys either know the place like the back of their hands or there is a good chance you'll see them a few corners later wrapped round the armco. Just enjoy it, my brother and I were grinning from ear to ear when we got back.

Yep, that.

There are a lot of places where the corner/kink is flat out if you know the circuit, but its blind in terms of seeing round it. If you don't know what's round the bend, you have to lift...

One important thing is to keep to the right and don't cut over to a left hand apex without checking your mirrors (often) - it doesn't take long for a quick car to be on top of you if he's flat out at twice your speed. But if you're on the right, then you can't go wrong and its on the other driver to move and pass safely. As you pick up speed, you can start to use the full width of the circuit more and more :)

scotty 25-01-2016 10:46 AM

Mmmm how many laps shall i do this year 2 maybe lol .

NL03Scooby 25-01-2016 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG"E" (Post 219227)
I will take you round following me as I have done several of the others,

dont panic !!

Ill take you round when its quiet either Friday night or its proavly Saturday morning before breakfast. :ok: :drive: :drive::WR1::P1:

Ryan...

'E' was fantastic when he guided me round on my first lap, I was also very grateful he spent the money on a lap to help take me round.

All I remember thinking was that he had some sticky 888's on compared to my Vredesteins's, and could I keep with him, but he was spot on all the way.

thepieman 25-01-2016 12:20 PM

Been round with Scott, PPP and "E" all good laps and a real eye opener on the many different driving styles and ways round a fast lap of the ring.......

would be happy to jump in with any of them and if they offer you the chance, i'd say go for it:drive:

scotty 25-01-2016 12:42 PM

Well if Dave is there i hope i can jump in again to see how his blob is now campared to last year , hopefully i will get the wife to go with Ian in his WR1 this time if he doesnt mind .

BIG"E" 25-01-2016 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scotty (Post 219250)
, hopefully i will get the wife to go with Ian in his WR1 this time if he doesnt mind .

No probs..:ok:

Ginola 27-02-2016 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scotty (Post 219250)
Well if Dave is there i hope i can jump in again to see how his blob is now campared to last year , hopefully i will get the wife to go with Ian in his WR1 this time if he doesnt mind .

Hopefully there will be some "quiet" time! looking forward to the Ring this year.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdlangy1 (Post 219234)
Must get on project cars and practise - at least I may have a rough idea where I'm going that way!

I know It's a fair trek but you're welcome to come round and get some practice in on my sim rig Ryan, it can really help you learn which corner goes where.. although some of the corners and bumps have had their curbs and undulation changed a little with this years re-surfacing work, hopefully the AC and PC bunch will be back later in the year to make some game patches to the laser scanned masterpieces they made ;)

Rdlangy1 27-02-2016 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ginola (Post 221327)
I know It's a fair trek but you're welcome to come round and get some practice in on my sim rig Ryan, it can really help you learn which corner goes where.. although some of the corners and bumps have had their curbs and undulation changed a little with this years re-surfacing work, hopefully the AC and PC bunch will be back later in the year to make some game patches to the laser scanned masterpieces they made ;)

Really appreciate the offer Dave :ok: the drive down isn't a problem - I'll have a check in a few weekends time and maybe we could arrange a day? I'm sure u will have a right laugh watching me crash on every corner Pmsl! (Just no posting vids of it on here!) ha ha ha

Seriously nice offer - thanks mate :ok:

scotty 27-02-2016 01:40 PM

I was just thinking how about we a slow moving convoy lap round the ring and get one of our beautifull ladies to take a photo lol .

BIG"E" 27-02-2016 02:31 PM

Keep watching the vids Ryan :ok:

Dave very kindly let me have a go on his system, in his man cave I was rubbish !!