South East Scoobies

South East Scoobies (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/index.php)
-   555 Wagon Squadron's AREA 51 (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The Wii-appearing Washout Wagon (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/showthread.php?t=4622)

Squadron-Leader 14-05-2010 12:36 PM

The Wii-appearing Washout Wagon

Last time I saw the old 'kite' was April 2009 in a place called Manning’s Heath, Poole, Dorset. It was on a car sales forecourt.

I've now seen it 3 times in 3 weeks, with yesterday being a 'double up' day with a sighting on the A3 and in Guildford.

It was stopped at the lights at the bottom of the slip road from the A3 into Guildford, so I had a very good gander at it. It's now sporting different wheels (looked like P1 OZ anthracite wheels) but is still very clean and tidy. And guess what... the Wgn Sqn stickers are still intact!

Being in the Derv Corsa… I was able to engage ‘ultra stealthiest’ mode and view the Wagon with the driver totally oblivious to the fact the Sqn Ldr was parked right next to him! I say what!

Hurrah for the Washout Wagon! Hurrah for the Wgn Sqn stickers! Hurrah for 'ultra stealthiest’ mode

SUBARMAN 15-05-2010 08:39 AM

A "double-up day" does not come round very often!!!

And still with the stickers!¬!! Amazing!!!

You should have saluted though, stealth or not! That would have given the driver something to think about!!

Hurrah for the washout wagon!!!!

:SMBLU:

Gonza 15-05-2010 02:18 PM

Top spot there by the eagle eyed, chizel jawed leader...

Great to hear the old girl's still going strong.

The tactical derv stealth has certainly proved its wealth this time, if only they knew who was next to them eh. I guess you didn't salute before you pulled away though, might have got funny looks!!

Hurrah!

SUBARMAN 15-05-2010 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonza (Post 48611)
Top spot there by the eagle eyed, chizel jawed leader...

Great to hear the old girl's still going strong.

The tactical derv stealth has certainly proved its wealth this time, if only they knew who was next to them eh. I guess you didn't salute before you pulled away though, might have got funny looks!!

Hurrah!

It's easy to get funny looks in the Squadron....................

trails 19-05-2010 12:13 PM

I think the Derv Corsa needs to be fitted with an image capturing device for future sightings :)

SUBARMAN 19-05-2010 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trails (Post 49285)
I think the Derv Corsa needs to be fitted with an image capturing device for future sightings :)

A fine idea there, Ian!!

Squadron-Leader 19-05-2010 09:54 PM

Do you know what, what, what... I got my old flasher out, but was too slow as the Wagon took off a right old pace! Next time hey.

What I need is the 'surround' camera system (as on the Discovery 4 HSE, or as an option on the XS) to view all angles. Spiffing.

trails 20-05-2010 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squadron-Leader (Post 49421)
Do you know what, what, what... I got my old flasher out, but was too slow as the Wagon took off a right old pace! Next time hey.

What I need is the 'surround' camera system (as on the Discovery 4 HSE, or as an option on the XS) to view all angles. Spiffing.

or a secret tracking device to enable 'location at leisure' :shark:
p.s. (the shark has no relevance to the post at all...it's cool though)!!!

Squadron-Leader 06-08-2010 08:41 PM

I say chaps.... I only 'gone and got dun' by Rich's old wagon this morning joining the A3 London bound at Guildford. The gun 'ho' pilot did me on the outside of that nasty tight bend that Imprezas love so much. I booted my 75bhp Corsa, but it was no match.

The kite is still looking good, Wgn Sqn stickers intact and sounding great.

Hurrah, hurrah, thrice hurrah

Sqn Ldr.... out