South East Scoobies

South East Scoobies (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/index.php)
-   Videos (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   2012 Subaru Impreza - First Look (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/showthread.php?t=10482)

majorscooby 23-06-2011 08:19 PM

2012 Subaru Impreza - First Look

Oh dear oh dear :sad:

http://youtu.be/pojSbFHlizM

herbert 23-06-2011 08:26 PM

looks like the new toyota

Mortster 23-06-2011 08:56 PM

One word

GASH!

Crowman 23-06-2011 08:57 PM

Cack

Frenchie 23-06-2011 09:13 PM

Pigs ear

rossmarts 23-06-2011 09:15 PM

WTF is that?

Steve_PPP 23-06-2011 09:31 PM

really disappointing :(

the concept looked ok, but this is just a smaller version of the legacy. don't get me wrong - the legacy is a great car - but its not what the Impreza's about. completely different market.

its all gone wrong!!

worzel 23-06-2011 10:34 PM

What a rancid pile of dog snot :doubledown:

stiggy 24-06-2011 12:02 AM

I know they said base model but stop it with the design students.... Please... The 2.0l is ok but back to a five speed...

gtiteen 24-06-2011 12:32 AM

Designed for the american market by the looks of it. Looks like your average joe american family 'sedan'. Completely run of the mill dull

Lucky 24-06-2011 12:47 PM

Welcome to the new Subaru Avensis IS200. Unbelievable how a company can get it so wrong. Why they dont just change the name and draw a line under the impreza name I dont know.

Steve_PPP 24-06-2011 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky (Post 93858)
Why they dont just change the name and draw a line under the impreza name I dont know.

I thought they had, with the 2010/2011 saloon being called the Subaru WRX STI... ?

ScoobySi 24-06-2011 01:41 PM

Hate it!

Doobs Scoob 24-06-2011 02:03 PM

Time to stop the Impreza now I think.

Nige 24-06-2011 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_PPP (Post 93780)

the concept looked ok, but this is just a smaller version of the legacy. don't get me wrong - the legacy is a great car - but its not what the Impreza's about. completely different market.

its all gone wrong!!

+1

ralliart didz 24-06-2011 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nige (Post 93865)
+1

+2 but the good thing is the proper scoobies"classic up to hawkeye" will be worth more second hand

SUBARMAN 24-06-2011 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_PPP (Post 93780)

its all gone wrong!!

As a Legacy owner I completely agree with you!! Completely different market.

:SMBLU:

Skullfudge 24-06-2011 05:08 PM

Jeez, that's nearly as ugly as the Evo 8's & 9's ;)

It's the fact that Subaru & Mitsubushi have both pulled the plug on major motorsport ie rallying.
Both companies have looked at the world market for family based cars now, as the Petrol Head % is far smaller.

Subaru do make a big point of stating that the new cars are still big performers despite there drab appearances. Most of their world ads make this point clear.

RCM chose the new model Scoob for Gobbstopper II for this reason.

Talking of RCM I have some hot news that I will share with you. I'm not putting this all over the Net as I will let the media do that in time to come but Olly Clark phoned me one evening 3 weeks ago.
He said that he had just returned from a two day conference with Subaru UK.
They basically apologised for their ignorance of RCM success and we shall be seeing a limited edition Subaru in due course baring the RCM badge. They will also be supplying parts to Subaru UK.

When I was up RCM 2 weeks ago a limo pulled in RCM's car park. The driver got out and opened both rear doors and out jumped 2 Jap guys. Olly came out to greet them "Japanese style " with a bow, then they greeted him by a hand shake.
Those two guys run Subaru Tecnica International in Japan and had flown over for a visit to the new RCM HQ.
My P1 was parked up in the car park with the bonnet up & I was inside talking to Matt Clark and we were watching the two Jap guys & Olly looking at my engine for a good 10 minutes with the two Jap guys laughing like a gooden.
When they went I asked Olly what they found so funny. The most STi have ever dealt with is 350 Bhp. They couldn't believe we use Subaru's over here that are 500 - 600 Bhp on the roads :).
Olly mentioned that mine had nearly done 40,000 miles with no breakages & they found that even more exciting.

worzel 24-06-2011 05:28 PM

Brilliant news Clive, there is some hope for the brand potentially then. :doubleup:

It makes you wonder just how little the Top Brass at Subaru know about "real world" cars. Your P1 must have frightened the crap out of them. :lol:

I hope they are good to their word then :nod:

Nige 24-06-2011 05:33 PM

[QUOTE=Skullfudge;93871]Jeez, that's nearly as ugly as the Evo 8's & 9's ;)

Oi !!! My car is ridiculously good looking thank you. :agreed:

worzel 24-06-2011 05:47 PM

[QUOTE=Nige;93878]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skullfudge (Post 93871)

You ain't wrong Nige, it's a tidy old bit of kit :ok:

Is it working again yet?

I honestly hope that ****subushi follow Subarus lead then and try to keep in the game. It wouldn't be the same without the banter :nod:

Steve_PPP 24-06-2011 05:55 PM

Interesting reading Clive, lets hope its a great partnership :ok:

belliott 24-06-2011 08:05 PM

good to hear about subaru finally realising that they are still considered as performance cars in this country.

Skullfudge 24-06-2011 08:28 PM

[QUOTE=Nige;93878]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skullfudge (Post 93871)

:rofl: I knew that you divert you to a reply.

Actually I like some of the Evo's.

Yours is a fine example mate (when it's going) ;)

Scooby Roo 25-06-2011 05:59 AM

I think the 5 door hatch may have some potential as a WRX or STi but Subaru have succumbed to the American market and as a result lost all account of taste and commonsense.

Also, did I hear that the flat 4 was being ditched......bye bye dugga dugga :(

If that's the case then it simply the end of an era :cry:

Roo

centurion73 25-06-2011 06:27 AM

Well, Well.. Looking at that clip... I can only say - BUGGER

The wagon version looked ok but the saloon was Old timers Style and with the fact its a 5 speed box..ahhhhh why step backwards...

I think its over for Impreza, what I dont understand is the brand change it to WRX and then 2012 back to impreza or are we all barking up the wrong tree

Is the WRX the new impreza and the impreza name now being mated to a more day to day car ????? I m totally confused

Either way ... I m sure CLARKSON at some point will SLAG it off lol

majorscooby 25-06-2011 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by centurion73 (Post 93936)
Well, Well.. Looking at that clip... I can only say - BUGGER

The wagon version looked ok but the saloon was Old timers Style and with the fact its a 5 speed box..ahhhhh why step backwards...

I think its over for Impreza, what I dont understand is the brand change it to WRX and then 2012 back to impreza or are we all barking up the wrong tree

Is the WRX the new impreza and the impreza name now being mated to a more day to day car ????? I m totally confused

Either way ... I m sure CLARKSON at some point will SLAG it off lol

Agreed the wagon does look better :smblk:

AndyWRX 25-06-2011 09:58 AM

Whats happend to subaru? Thought it was ment to steer away from the styling problems :-(

Snow scoobie55 26-06-2011 04:22 PM

Arrrrrggggghhhhh what have the suits at Subaru done to our lovely inconic car...they have turned it into a Mondeo clone and just like the 2011 car its not worthy of the name Impreza. They should have just rebranded it completely and not tarnished the reputation the older style Imprezas had built up over a number of years and hundreds of rally stages in the hands of the likes of Solberg and McRae etc this couldn't hold its own in a shopping car park compared to them and I don't see anyone using it in anywhere else to be honest.

Its only saving grace in my book is the new multi function steering wheel which I have liked when driving other peoples cars from time to time. And I would not spend however much it will cost for this new model just to get one of those!!!

Its no wonder that I am always getting contacted by my local dealer to see if I will trade in my old style scooby for one of these monstrosities as anyone with half a brain cell knows they will not sell in great numbers.