South East Scoobies

South East Scoobies (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/index.php)
-   Non Scooby / Non Car Related (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Not a lot of activity lately (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/showthread.php?t=23323)

Frenchie 31-08-2018 07:53 AM

Not a lot of activity lately

Have noticed that not a lot of activity on here lately. Is it due to the summer holidays or are people switching to social media,Facebook for example, which I'am not on.

Rdlangy1 31-08-2018 08:08 AM

Not on Facebook either matey so just me and you on here then :lol:

Hopefully things will pick up again soon - September meet next week which has good turnout if all who’s name down come along, hopefully a meet in Oct already being worked, Xmas meal being discussed etc

BIG"E" 31-08-2018 08:36 AM

Still here....:ok::drive:

asperformance 31-08-2018 09:07 AM

and me

boggissimo 31-08-2018 09:35 AM

Holidays!

Steve_PPP 31-08-2018 01:00 PM

The facebook generation seem to be taking over the world... and many forums are much quieter these days as a result (both car related and not).

People see quick and easy access to a huge audience, rapid responses, access natively integrated into mobile devices etc as the big benefits. I can understand that, but they don't realise the vast library of historic information on forums (until they have a problem and start googling).

The shame is that many find the answer to their problem, don't contribute to the forum and then go back to facebook again. Without the forum users contributing, valuable online information resources will dry up over the years.... but that's just the way it is. Maybe the forums should reinvent themselves... we pay hosting costs to run a forum yet running a page on facebook is free.

Hey ho. Oh yeah..... and

Quote:

Originally Posted by boggissimo (Post 246069)
Holidays!

:lol: :lol:

Banstead Stig 31-08-2018 09:05 PM

Whilst exacerbated by the hack and the issues of the rebuild (including the underwhelming cloud based vBulletin platform), the issues Steve described did for the Surrey Scoobies forum.

Make sure you keep the meets going and the club will survive, but the potential lost knowledge is a worry.

The real world shouldn't be underestimated, though!

SpecB 01-09-2018 08:28 AM

I know I've been slacking recently (last 3 years or so!) but I think we have the balance of FB Vs Forum about right - We (I) do need to get on top of the posting of upcoming meets (and meet reports) to the FB page as a way of advertising the club. I promise to try harder from now on - plus also drag my hearse to a few more meets (although it may not be the hearse much longer :ninja:).

Lucky 10-09-2018 09:37 PM

I still look daily, but sometimes don’t have a lot to contribute! I shall now try to post more. Need to work out how they get pictures on easily which appears to be a pain on an ipad.

nikkinokkinoo 10-09-2018 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky (Post 246311)
I still look daily, but sometimes don’t have a lot to contribute! I shall now try to post more. Need to work out how they get pictures on easily which appears to be a pain on an ipad.

Just get tapatalk - really easy to upload pics from an iphone / pad

Neil97rs 11-09-2018 08:04 AM

I look everyday but my knowledge base is a little thin so cannot give too much of an opinion or helping hand on some posts
I attended the corbeau seats open day in Hastings last Sunday very briefly and spoke to 3 Subaru owners from the hailsham area . Got talking about the club etc and unfortunately their opinion on a forum only club was rather disappointing. They were all friendly but they only seemed interested in Facebook clubs as all stated it was just easier to view and scroll through
I do agree with that to a certain extent but then Facebook groups tend to just attract the wrong kind of people ( key board warriors and general morons )
I’m not sure what the answer is maybe to move with the times ?

Lucky 11-09-2018 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikkinokkinoo (Post 246312)
Just get tapatalk - really easy to upload pics from an iphone / pad

Cheers dude 👍

Frenchie 12-09-2018 12:27 PM

Hi Steve, may be you could post a few pictures of your daughter driving your Focus RS!!!

scooby doo 12-09-2018 01:09 PM

The Facebook groups are awfull , the amount of seriously wrong info on there is funny . But I imagine expensive to some too what I've seen been given as advice ,
I flick between here and the Ra forum now for advice and threads . Not many people doing build threads it seems either as I think a lot of people moved on now to newer things with more hp / reliability lol

Lucky 12-09-2018 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frenchie (Post 246343)
Hi Steve, may be you could post a few pictures of your daughter driving your Focus RS!!!

I don’t even let her in it lol