South East Scoobies

South East Scoobies (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/index.php)
-   News and Announcements (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Anything wrong? (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/showthread.php?t=9761)

Nige 14-11-2012 05:42 PM

Anything wrong?

http://classifieds.pistonheads.com/c...eye-sti/702292
Ok what's wrong with my add? (Don't just say price.)If you look on piston heads mine is very reasonable. :drive:

Lucky 14-11-2012 06:10 PM

Nothing wrong with it Nige. Car looks good in the pics. Definately worth mentioning its in the cheap tax band though, as I remember pretty much everyone asking me that when I was selling mine. Most seem to think that all hawks are in the expensive bracket.

Think its just the market mate.

Steve

SpecB 14-11-2012 06:11 PM

Nothing that I can see

bigemp 14-11-2012 06:38 PM

A m8 of mine who i told about your car said he had sent you questions through pistonheads and got no reply?????

Bolesroor 14-11-2012 07:35 PM

Nige having seen your car and what everyone has said it`s a good one :doubleup:

But if I didn`t know the car for me personally the 6 previous owners would put me off :paranoid:

urabusMY94 14-11-2012 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nige (Post 101532)
http://classifieds.pistonheads.com/c...eye-sti/702292
Ok what's wrong with my add? (Don't just say price.)If you look on piston heads mine is very reasonable. :drive:

Nige, when I looked at the ad, there was a similar year Hawk STi listed for £800 less in the "found similar" box at the bottom.

It's only when you click on ad, you find it's a std 276 bhp version....

Might be worth stating performance figures in ad title?

Good luck with the sale! :ok:

MIDLIFE 14-11-2012 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolesroor (Post 101546)
Nige having seen your car and what everyone has said it`s a good one :doubleup:

But if I didn`t know the car for me personally the 6 previous owners would put me off :paranoid:

I think the six owners might put people off and selling just before xmas might also be a reason.

Nige 14-11-2012 09:30 PM

Very odd I thought I had answered all questions. Yes the 6 owners don't sound good. May of been an x demo as the body & interior are better than my 2 owner hatch. I will give it a few more weeks then forget about it untill next year. Shame really, if I was going to Germany again tomorow I would take the Hawk. That's how good that car is. :drive:

Nige 14-11-2012 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by urabusMY94 (Post 101550)
Nige, when I looked at the ad, there was a similar year Hawk STi listed for £800 less in the "found similar" box at the bottom.

It's only when you click on ad, you find it's a std 276 bhp version....

Might be worth stating performance figures in ad title?

Good luck with the sale! :ok:

Good idea :yeah:

Tomma 14-11-2012 09:47 PM

You could add sinething Like.....

Don't let the 6 owners put you off, this car is in fantastic condition, always garaged and owned by an enthusiast, comes with history.

Viewing in person highly recommended, you won't be disappointed!

Mature owner - NEVER thrashed :-)

Nige 15-11-2012 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomma (Post 101560)
You could add sinething Like.....

Don't let the 6 owners put you off, this car is in fantastic condition, always garaged and owned by an enthusiast, comes with history.

Viewing in person highly recommended, you won't be disappointed!

Copied & pasted to Piston heads. Thanks Tomma :grin:

SpecB 15-11-2012 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomma (Post 101560)

I've spotted a minor typo in that, should it not read immature owner always thrashed, not been in the trees (yet)?

Nige 15-11-2012 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueBugEye (Post 101572)
I've spotted a minor typo in that, should it not read immature owner always thrashed, not been in the trees (yet)?

Oi! Can't hit trees when it's off the road & put away for the winter.
I find that strange I'm using the ugly for everyday stuff & the hawk is is garaged up???

RobEvo5 16-11-2012 03:57 PM

Low tax band is a real positive and worth the mention.

Advert is fair as is price. But its tough trying to sell even a main stream car for sensible money at the moment. It would seem 85% of buyers out there are dealers or private dealers all wanting to make a turn. When a genuine private buyer is out there specifically looking for a hawk STI I'm sure they will give this a look and with a little negotiation should be sold.

You just need a genuine private buyer who is looking for a hawk in that colour and you should be in business. Sadly the economic climate is putting people off that have cash in the bank from buying toys, and those that don't have the cash are looking to take finance and happy to pay the slight premium and go to a dealer, get a warranty, and finance.

Plus Hawks are out of fashion at the moment........ They are the most grown up of the scoobs, but some of the more advancing year petrol heads are moving towards German cars or soot chuckers. So that only leaves youngsters, track dayers or BHP hunters, that are going for Classics, bugs or blobs.

It will go eventually but probably not till spring now....

AndyWRX 18-11-2012 09:10 AM

Initially mate there's nothing wrong with it but to be honest IMO the ads abit short for an enthusiasts thread, it just sounds like another dealers car that wants to be sold on with no actual car care, sorry if that offends you but compared to other scooby adverts on an initial look it dosent draw you in,

If it was me I'd give them as much info as possible that way it saves time wasters phoning up asking questions, I'd add exact mileage, dates of mot and tax, date the belt was changed etc etc, you can never have enough info, and if people are put off by an essay then to be honest there not really looking to buy it, if I was looking to spend 8k on a another scoob then I'd want as much info, history story of the car as possible with out the need to phone up.

Just my thoughts mate, as I said sorry if it offends you but that's what I'd be looking for if I was gonna buy it

Scott.T 18-11-2012 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyWRX (Post 101758)
it just sounds like another dealers car that wants to be sold on with no actual car care

So true........what was your job before being a Paramedic Nige ????
Leopard....spots....changes....never.....