South East Scoobies

South East Scoobies (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/index.php)
-   New Members (first thread here please) (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   new owner from eastbourne (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/showthread.php?t=9847)

bonner 24-11-2012 09:21 AM

new owner from eastbourne

Hi all just got m eyself a blobeye the car is spot on just needs some styling up to make it mine!! im new to the site. i previously owned a jap v limited classic which i stupidly swapped for a bmw? nice motors but expensive repairs and you just dont get the same drivin effect its not the standard 220bhp has a full stainless and possibly a map? im in need of a pas fog surround +lamp if anybody out there has one?? been having a read up on these and it states these can get upto 380 with some of the usual mods +stage 2 map without forging! any usyal common probs to look out for any info would be great cheers

midlife2 24-11-2012 10:35 AM

Welcome mate.

Steve_PPP 24-11-2012 12:01 PM

Welcome to SES :wave:

Blob WRX or STI? If its a WRX, 380bhp will take some work and (imo) both the engine and gearbox will be on borrowed time. STI is a different matter though. Post some photos up so we can have a nosey! :)

scoobypat 24-11-2012 12:10 PM

Hi and welcome

munk 24-11-2012 01:51 PM

At last welcome to the zone mate:drive:
Plenty of friendly advice avalible on here. Steve its awrx tidy one at that...:mrgreen:

SamSTI 24-11-2012 02:18 PM

welcome to ses matey

Juppy 24-11-2012 02:21 PM

welcome to SES mate :doubleup: get some pic of your car on here

Bolesroor 24-11-2012 03:23 PM

Howdy do :wave: and :welcome:to SES :ok:

impreza27 24-11-2012 03:26 PM

hello and :welcome:to the club mate :wave:

bonner 24-11-2012 05:54 PM

Good stuff cheers all good to have the turbo back, it's the wrx blob, just put some detangoed lights on with black inners which look smart against the black paint plus fitted a hks ssqv black limited, not goin to go tool mad on the stylin due to my classic had all its bits nicked, will get some pics uploaded ASAP ideally need the fog and surround first as looks untidy, next on the list will be a tdo5 20g 255 pump hks plugs bigger top mount injectors and a remap I've heard these engines are weak as well as trans so not goin to over doit and a no to launchin also need a good induction kit as mine came with a nasty k&n a good hks or Perrin filter will be a must!! Any bits u have no need for that would be some use to me give us a shout!! Also lookin for a blitz nur spec r not sure what I have but it doesn't look right!! Will get some pics went the weather drys up bare with me as I only use the phone as I have no computer is there an app for the site thanks again!!

Hongkongfooi 24-11-2012 05:55 PM

greetings:wave:

C. J. 24-11-2012 07:01 PM

Hello
If you have a wrx and want a tdo5 stay with a 18g
Nothing wrong with a k&n just depends which one !
Wouldn't buy a Hks filter
Good luck which ever way you go :)
Done the 20g and 400+bhp with a standard engine & 5 speed box which is still running in mr chips car . The newage are alot stronger on the engine side of things .

bonner 24-11-2012 08:01 PM

Reason for not liking the k&n is I've found in the past the oil killed the maf on more than one occasion liking the Perrin it's something new to me so might give that a bash?? What's the difference between the 20-18g? Have ruled out the front mount due to it causing hassle on my previous wrx 400bhp sounds great fun what did it take to get you there? Had my old wrx running 310 on just the usual bits,you hear all sorts of things about these new age motors some say stay clear of the sti and leave the bug eyes well alone chocolate bottom ends and gear boxes made of glass? Way I see it is treat the motor abit better than u would the missis lol, are there any good mappers in Sussex last one I used was in bolney enhanced performance not bad but got charged for work that didn't get done also put it on the rollers when I weren't there so won't be using them again!!!

BIG"E" 24-11-2012 09:25 PM

:welcome: to SES.. :five:

C. J. 24-11-2012 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonner (Post 102195)
Reason for not liking the k&n is I've found in the past the oil killed the maf on more than one occasion liking the Perrin it's something new to me so might give that a bash?? What's the difference between the 20-18g? Have ruled out the front mount due to it causing hassle on my previous wrx 400bhp sounds great fun what did it take to get you there? Had my old wrx running 310 on just the usual bits,you hear all sorts of things about these new age motors some say stay clear of the sti and leave the bug eyes well alone chocolate bottom ends and gear boxes made of glass? Way I see it is treat the motor abit better than u would the missis lol, are there any good mappers in Sussex last one I used was in bolney enhanced performance not bad but got charged for work that didn't get done also put it on the rollers when I weren't there so won't be using them again!!!

www.jollygreenmonster.co.uk
As for the car it had at that level .
Tdo5 20g
565 injectors
Fpr fuelab
Hybrid front mount
Ecutec licence
Rcm cone & k&n filter
Tubular headers and a 3" exhaust
:)
Cars moved on abit since then ;)

bonner 25-11-2012 12:25 PM

Whats the difference between the tdo5 20g and the 18g??? cheers

Nige 25-11-2012 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonner (Post 102246)
Whats the difference between the tdo5 20g and the 18g??? cheers

SIZE. 18g will spool early'r 20g way to laggy. 18g Won't make quite as much power but will be a better turbo on a 2 litre.

ScoobyStu 25-11-2012 04:51 PM

Hello and welcome mate. Unlimited amounts of information on here. There's not much that hasn't been done by the various members. Enjoy :-)

bonner 25-11-2012 05:55 PM

Good stuff cheers!!!