South East Scoobies

South East Scoobies (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/index.php)
-   Non Scooby / Non Car Related (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Any jobs going getting made redundant today dont wanna have to sell the scoob:( (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/showthread.php?t=11219)

bigemp 23-08-2011 03:19 PM

Any jobs going getting made redundant today dont wanna have to sell the scoob:(

Any one know of anything around newhaven/lewes/peacehaven/brighton/eastbourne area???

dont mind trying anything new or anything physical????

3 years in computing at building society

17 years at the evening argus (print side)

2 years at paradise park= selling high quality furniture:wa: in and delivering it all 2 days a week

Got told today my position is becoming a seasonal position and have been paid off or made redundant,and leave today

Back to work now for my final deliveries now and thats it.

anyone knows anything going much appreciated as really dont wanna sell the scoob,unless anyone wants a couple of kids and a mortgage

scooby doo 23-08-2011 03:41 PM

Really sorry to hear this mate, this happened to me twice so know how you feel,,

Lucky 23-08-2011 03:54 PM

Really sorry Dave, I will definately keep an eye/ear out. Just goes to show, nothing is safe in this climate.

thepieman 23-08-2011 04:18 PM

Sorry to hear of the redundancy Dave... thought you was part of the furniture that you sold down there:nod:

If I hear of anything I will let you know:ok:

Good luck with the search.......

Scott.T 23-08-2011 05:20 PM

Sorry to hear that Dave.
Our place are looking for people but need to be Qualified Engineer's in either :
Software (Ada, C++, Integrity, java, visual basic ...... the list goes on and on)
Electronic Engineering
Electrical intallation (this is a recent urgent requirement)

BIG"E" 23-08-2011 06:11 PM

Sorry to here this Dave,

Good luck with the job hunting.

bigemp 23-08-2011 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scooby doo (Post 101578)
Really sorry to hear this mate, this happened to me twice so know how you feel,,

thanks me two 3 jobs and 3 redundancies.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky (Post 101580)
Really sorry Dave, I will definately keep an eye/ear out. Just goes to show, nothing is safe in this climate.

thanks steve,i was made a scapegoat/example really(facebook pics,long story lol)

Quote:

Originally Posted by thepieman (Post 101584)
Sorry to hear of the redundancy Dave... thought you was part of the furniture that you sold down there:nod:

If I hear of anything I will let you know:ok: thanks

Good luck with the search.......

lol the furniture is **** im not lol, every day i been asking jim how many days left,and the first thing i thought when i come out of md office,is jim gonna be gutted im going a day before him lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG"E" (Post 101624)
Sorry to here this Dave,

Good luck with the job hunting.

Thanks

bigemp 23-08-2011 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSurfer (Post 101606)
Sorry to hear that Dave.
Our place are looking for people but need to be Qualified Engineer's in either :
Software (Ada, C++, Integrity, java, visual basic ...... the list goes on and on)
Electronic Engineering
Electrical intallation (this is a recent urgent requirement)

Scott,
Thanks for reply out of curiousity My boy has just left school and was hoping and still is to get an apprenticeship in engineering(he has place at college already level 3 engineering extended diploma for 2 1/2-3 days a week)in case this doesnt come off,just wondering if you have any apprenticeships or he can get a couple of days work a week to gain experience etc,or if you know any other companies that are available for him to try with apprenticeship etc,sounds all too technical for me lol

Thanks very much
Dave

bigemp 23-08-2011 07:17 PM

well off to watch inbetweeners to unwind!!!!!!!!!!!

DukeBoy 23-08-2011 07:31 PM

Not good news Dave!

There's a photography place around the corner from me looking for someone that's good with a camera!!!

Scott.T 23-08-2011 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigemp (Post 101649)
Scott,
Thanks for reply out of curiousity My boy has just left school and was hoping and still is to get an apprenticeship in engineering(he has place at college already level 3 engineering extended diploma for 2 1/2-3 days a week)in case this doesnt come off,just wondering if you have any apprenticeships or he can get a couple of days work a week to gain experience etc,or if you know any other companies that are available for him to try with apprenticeship etc,sounds all too technical for me lol

Thanks very much
Dave

i am not aware of any apprentice schemes. They used to run them, thats how I started, but dropped them many years ago and now only do graduate schemes.
This may all change though in light of the educaton fee's now being charged.

Might be worth contacting them : http://www.generaldynamics.uk.com/

bigemp 23-08-2011 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DukeBoy (Post 101654)
Not good news Dave!

There's a photography place around the corner from me looking for someone that's good with a camera!!!

the mrs says im good in the bedroom with a camera lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSurfer (Post 101694)
i am not aware of any apprentice schemes. They used to run them, thats how I started, but dropped them many years ago and now only do graduate schemes.
This may all change though in light of the educaton fee's now being charged.

Might be worth contacting them : http://www.generaldynamics.uk.com/

thats great scott i will have a look with him tomorrow about this
cheers