South East Scoobies

South East Scoobies (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/index.php)
-   Engine Management (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   What next ???? (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/showthread.php?t=2003)

lady-turbo-wrx 11-08-2009 07:49 AM

What next ????

Has some of you might remember over the last few weeks the scoobs not been very well was running a bit rough,jerking cutting out,was advised it was most likely coilpacks...

So i have

Changed Coilpacks (New)
Spark Plugs
Fuel filter

i thought i had cracked it,as for a few days there was nothing at all,Only now it seems to have come back,she gets to running temp,so gauge says,but is still a bit jerky at times and cut out compleatly twice yesterday,but engine had'nt been running long,but once has been running about 20 minutes and engine is quite hot,theres no stopping her,and she drives like a dream,for the rest of the day,with nothing

Any idea's

worzel 11-08-2009 08:03 AM

Re: What next ????

Maybe needs the map checking?

lady-turbo-wrx 11-08-2009 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by worzel
Maybe needs the map checking?

Ok,without sounding Blonde Why? :oops: and who best to do that?

2-jaffacake-tone 11-08-2009 08:54 AM

could be air flow sensor. have a word with scott.

Scooby Wez 11-08-2009 12:38 PM

As Tone said MAF or Lamda was going to be my answer.But my brother had a few problems like this on his 95 wagon and turned out to be the water temp sensor.

Scott.T 11-08-2009 12:44 PM

If I rememebr right you have either changed of tried MAF, Lambda, Plugs a Coil Packs.

The lamda is unlikley to be the cause as it is only used at idle and cruise, the MAF is used for fuelling above 0psi boost and/or 3000rpm.

Isn't the car already chipped as I recall you claiming 300BHP.
If it is chipped (not one of mine, AFAIK) then it may be the socket that the chip is fitted to is badly soldered or developed a dry joint.

I have seen Jap ECU with Prova and Mines chips/adaptors and the soldering could be done better by my 8 year old....nah..make it my 5 year old son.

Worth popping the ECU out and checking.

info on where it is and what to look for here :

http://www.polarperformance.co.uk/fitti ... tions.html

piccie here :
[img]http://www.polarperformance.co.uk/ecu.jpg[/img]

2-jaffacake-tone 11-08-2009 10:10 PM

taking to trace today when she poped in. sounds cranksharft sensor as the is also a poor starting from hot,also speed sensor code was on ecu.i have lent her some sensors to try.

big Question is has lee managed to fine the sensor on the gearbox :lol:

666subaru 12-08-2009 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2-jaffacake-tone
taking to trace today when she poped in. sounds cranksharft sensor as the is also a poor starting from hot

Sounds exactly like what problem we have on our wagon, I have removed the crankshaft sensor on front of engine and cleaned it, and the sensor on the right by the air con pump, had 3 coil packs fitted, new spark plugs and fuel filter and air filter. Still waiting to test the restart when warm now :doubleup:

chris wrx 12-08-2009 08:28 PM

Quote:

taking to trace today when she poped in. sounds cranksharft sensor as the is also a poor starting from hot,also speed sensor code was on ecu.i have lent her some sensors to try.

Speed sensor , what a nightmare :splat: Took months of changing stuff , then Tone did it one night in about 5 minutes :doubleup: Been fine ever since

lady-turbo-wrx 13-08-2009 10:07 AM

Quote:

Yes he did you cheeky :whistle:

dean 21-08-2009 02:35 PM

How have you got on? Is everything running fine now?

Cath 21-08-2009 03:03 PM

How has been since you changed the crank sensor hun

lady-turbo-wrx 21-08-2009 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cath

No change babe :wife: so have been told to try an idle control valve,which i now have and will try in the morning or should i say Lee will :doubleup:

666subaru 21-08-2009 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lady-turbo-wrx
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cath

No change babe :wife: so have been told to try an idle control valve,which i now have and will try in the morning or should i say Lee will :doubleup:

Its probably getting as annoying as ours is, we will be changing both the cam and crank sensor and maf and then see what happens, if nothing then lambda and idle control next, bloody scoobs sometimes :fool: :doubleup: