South East Scoobies

South East Scoobies (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/index.php)
-   General Car / Scooby Chat (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Surrey Scoobies (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/showthread.php?t=10430)

Moley_WRX 21-06-2011 09:31 AM

Surrey Scoobies

Has someone got the strop and pulled the plug?

tbtstt 21-06-2011 09:35 AM

I guess its being cleaned up after some of those threads that were on there yesterday afternoon?

Hopefully normal service will be resumed soon!

Doobs Scoob 21-06-2011 09:36 AM

Looks like it mate.

Legacydan 21-06-2011 09:37 AM

I don't think normal service will be resumed.

tbtstt 21-06-2011 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legacydan (Post 93042)
I don't think normal service will be resumed.

:(

old93ra 21-06-2011 09:48 AM

Spill the beans then Dan

Legacydan 21-06-2011 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by old93ra (Post 93046)
Spill the beans then Dan

Just from what i read on facebook last night, AP is not a happy bunny.

AP 21-06-2011 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moley_WRX (Post 93039)
Has someone got the strop and pulled the plug?

No not got the strop..

Anger 21-06-2011 09:50 AM

It went to far and im not happy with the **** stirrers... Might talk about banning them on here after the trouble they caused... As far as in concerned they can fook off

spongebob 21-06-2011 09:51 AM

Its not sussex all over again is it???? lol

old93ra 21-06-2011 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AP (Post 93048)
No not got the strop..

Alright Andy, surely your not closing SS mate?

Moley_WRX 21-06-2011 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AP (Post 93048)
No not got the strop..

I can fully understand if you had.... no need for all that on a public forum IMO

worzel 21-06-2011 09:52 AM

Is there something we need to keep an eye out for James? :ninja:

PM me if there is mate :ok:

tbtstt 21-06-2011 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legacydan (Post 93047)
Just from what i read on facebook last night, AP is not a happy bunny.

Can't say I blame him. When I last saw it the forum looked more like a school playground than a car forum.

Legacydan 21-06-2011 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbtstt (Post 93054)
Can't say I blame him. When I last saw it the forum looked more like a school playground than a car forum.

exactly that Steve

Anger 21-06-2011 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by worzel (Post 93053)
Is there something we need to keep an eye out for James? :ninja:

PM me if there is mate :ok:

I'll pm you on my lunch break

worzel 21-06-2011 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anger (Post 93057)
I'll pm you on my lunch break

Cheers matey :ok:

AP 21-06-2011 10:08 AM

I looked at what I started with 6 years ago and what I have ended up with now.
I am not pissed off just very sad it has come to this..
School playground is not really a good description of what went on last night, children would never be that low or spiteful.
I need to think about this for a while so the forums will remain closed until a solution is found about how to move forward, if at all.

Moley_WRX 21-06-2011 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AP (Post 93063)
School playground is not really a good description of what went on last night, children would never be that low or spiteful.
I need to think about this for a while so the forums will remain closed until a solution is found about how to move forward, if at all.

Like i said above.... i don't blame you, i'd feel exactly the same.

tbtstt 21-06-2011 10:19 AM

Quote:

Completely understandable I would say. I hope you can come to a solution and Surrey can return.

worzel 21-06-2011 10:25 AM

Quote:

I feel for you mate, honestly I do.

As you well know, the Subaru community as a whole is a really friendly and welcoming place. I have made some very good and long lasting friends through it. But there are some people within it that clash big time. More often than not, these things go over a couple of posts and then get tidied up by Admin / Mods and things then bubble back under the surface. But when the timings are wrong, these things just go ballistic with very little warning and an awful lot of damage is done in a very short space of time.

I don't know the full details of what happened, but know that for you to shut the site down, it must have been really unpleasant.

I hope that it can be sorted out, Surrey Scoobies is a massive influence within the scooby scene and it would be sad to see this have a detrimental effect on Surrey Scoobies.

Keep the faith mate, you have a cracking forum there. Crack a few heads with the Ban Stick and hopefully pick up the bits and move on.

Good luck mate :ok:

old93ra 21-06-2011 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbtstt (Post 93068)
Completely understandable I would say. I hope you can come to a solution and Surrey can return.

Same as that, although I havent a clue WTF is happening :cuckoo:

Doobs Scoob 21-06-2011 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by old93ra (Post 93072)

Yeah not a clue either but same.. Hope it all gets resolved. Shame if we let a few people ruin it for a whole county!

thepieman 21-06-2011 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by worzel (Post 93071)
I feel for you mate, honestly I do.

As you well know, the Subaru community as a whole is a really friendly and welcoming place. I have made some very good and long lasting friends through it. But there are some people within it that clash big time. More often than not, these things go over a couple of posts and then get tidied up by Admin / Mods and things then bubble back under the surface. But when the timings are wrong, these things just go ballistic with very little warning and an awful lot of damage is done in a very short space of time.

I don't know the full details of what happened, but know that for you to shut the site down, it must have been really unpleasant.

I hope that it can be sorted out, Surrey Scoobies is a massive influence within the scooby scene and it would be sad to see this have a detrimental effect on Surrey Scoobies.

Keep the faith mate, you have a cracking forum there. Crack a few heads with the Ban Stick and hopefully pick up the bits and move on.

Good luck mate :ok:

:agreed: Having helped with some suggestions to sort out the spamming issues with Northdowns a while back, to open the forums back up for people to enjoy, its a shame that its an area that you wouldn't expect hastle from that gets so bad that you have to close shop!!

People don't realise just how much work goes in to keeping the forums going on a day to day basis and the mods and Admin teams need to enjoy the forums too:nod:

I'm sure after a clean up and maybe a bit of a shake up, SurreyScoobies will be opened back up for ALL to enjoy.......

As many of the members frequent both forums, I would just like to add that we would not want any arguement/s to continue on SES:nono: They just end up spoiling things for everyone......

kartingsteve 21-06-2011 10:43 AM

Quote:

I don't no off the site for a few hours and it all gone pee tong and I missed it all, I have been with SS from the start. Andy and the other moderators have always done a good job so I'm sure it will be sorted .

Mandy 21-06-2011 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by old93ra (Post 93072)

That makes two of us mate,and im a mod.
Could hardly get on SS last night and when i did get a chance for a proper look what was going on,it was closed.
Angus/Andy,can one of you please tell me whats going on over Pm on here please.
Cheers guys.

Tyler 21-06-2011 11:52 AM

Gutted to hear about this, i was on fine yesterday as well and was posting stuff up, I seem to have missed the whole thing... Hope it all gets sorted.....

AP 21-06-2011 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Admin (Post 93078)
:agreed: Having helped with some suggestions to sort out the spamming issues with Northdowns a while back, to open the forums back up for people to enjoy, its a shame that its an area that you wouldn't expect hastle from that gets so bad that you have to close shop!!

People don't realise just how much work goes in to keeping the forums going on a day to day basis and the mods and Admin teams need to enjoy the forums too:nod:

I'm sure after a clean up and maybe a bit of a shake up, SurreyScoobies will be opened back up for ALL to enjoy.......

As many of the members frequent both forums, I would just like to add that we would not want any arguement/s to continue on SES:nono: They just end up spoiling things for everyone......

Yes thank you for all your help regarding the spammers, Rich has been absolutely fantastic since he has come onboard on the admin side of things :ok:

thepieman 21-06-2011 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AP (Post 93102)
Yes thank you for all your help regarding the spammers, Rich has been absolutely fantastic since he has come onboard on the admin side of things :ok:

Was pleased to be able to help out, spammers:deadhorse:!!!!! :agreed: Rich is a top bloke and having worked with him to sort the spamming issue, I know how much time he has been putting in to push SurreyScoobies forwards. It was also good to build the relationship between the clubs:10: Why it is such a shame to hear about this:cry:

I know its not my decision but I would suggest opening the forums sooner than later:nod: It doesn't help pressing the off button, even if its fully understood why:ok: (we've seen it happen before and it can have a huge effect on a club. None of us want to see that happen with Surrey)

old93ra 21-06-2011 12:28 PM

Quote:

I know its not my decision but I would suggest opening the forums sooner than later:nod: It doesn't help pressing the off button, even if its fully understood why:ok: (we've seen it happen before and it can have a huge effect on a club. None of us want to see that happen with Surrey)
Yes please

Kirstiestar 21-06-2011 12:41 PM

Hope it comes back, always been a helpful and friendly forum, shame some people have to spoil things :(

chris1977 21-06-2011 12:56 PM

looks like ive missed all the fun again

be a shame to close it as 99.9% of the people on there a nice helpful people some of witch i would even call my mates

jura11 21-06-2011 01:08 PM

Hope SurreyScoobies will return,there is lot of great guys.

Jura

darth maul 21-06-2011 01:17 PM

It's such a big shame when I joind 3 years ago it's was a great club loads of shows and things to do shame it's ending up like this and to think of all the members that used to attend . Well I hope Andy you can turn it around for the good one in the club

SeanMcKnetic 21-06-2011 01:36 PM

It is a shame that the 97% of members who were indifferent to that particular drama have to lose their favourite messageboard because of the behavior of a tiny minority but I can see why AP has done what he's done although I hope it is only closed for a cooling off period.

old93ra 21-06-2011 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanMcKnetic (Post 93139)
It is a shame that the 97% of members who were indifferent to that particular drama have to lose their favourite messageboard because of the behavior of a tiny minority but I can see why AP has done what he's done although I hope it is only closed for a cooling off period.

quite right

ScoobySi 21-06-2011 01:48 PM

Same as Old93ra, guess I missed this but hope it gets sorted out for the best.

Si

Chris 21-06-2011 03:10 PM

Agreed with Andy - some of the things said we're beyond belief - and when (hopefully) the sites back up ill be the first to ban them.

lady-turbo-wrx 21-06-2011 03:22 PM

I dont know what has gone on,but can say have always had lots of help and Advice from SS i really hope things can be sorted out,as its a great forum,and would be greatly missed...

scoobyshaun 21-06-2011 04:54 PM

hope ss comes back soon, It will be a shame to see it go.

Anger 21-06-2011 06:05 PM

Its back for now

We will have to see how it goes and if people have grown up

digga 21-06-2011 07:15 PM

tis not working particularly well for me

old93ra 21-06-2011 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by digga (Post 93227)
tis not working particularly well for me

Think its on minimal operation rather like safe mode on your pc

digga 21-06-2011 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by old93ra (Post 93230)
Think its on minimal operation rather like safe mode on your pc

which means absolutely f all to me colin lol

safe mode lol

ScoobySi 21-06-2011 07:37 PM

Can only post on certain threads by the looks of it still.

lady-turbo-wrx 21-06-2011 08:02 PM

It seems i cannot post on any..:doubledown: :cry: :cry:

Do i have to be a fully paid up member???

Mandy 21-06-2011 08:22 PM

Be patient please guys.
Things are just getting sorted and some changes for the better hopefully.
I too,can only post in the mod area at present.

Jolly Green Monster 21-06-2011 08:23 PM

Missed out on it all. Hope it gets resolved

Scooby_Greg 21-06-2011 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jolly Green Monster (Post 93258)
Missed out on it all. Hope it gets resolved

Hope so. Amazing how quickly things can spiral out of control! There's such a great bunch of scoobie owners on there. I guess it must be very difficult to police where opinions can get quite heated

old93ra 21-06-2011 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by digga (Post 93233)
which means absolutely f all to me colin lol

safe mode lol

Limp mode Dave......