South East Scoobies

South East Scoobies (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/index.php)
-   Show 'N' Shine (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   any one recomend a good polish (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/showthread.php?t=17937)

thecrow015 21-04-2014 01:02 PM

any one recomend a good polish

with so many on the market im still kind of lost i have been looking at some chemical guys stuff

scotty 21-04-2014 01:43 PM

Auto glym is good stuff use it all the time on mine .

BIG"E" 21-04-2014 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scotty (Post 186266)
Auto glym is good stuff use it all the time on mine .

:agreed:

SpecB 21-04-2014 02:39 PM

I wouldn't use autoglym personally. Best bang for buck I've found is the Poorboys range.

Rdlangy1 21-04-2014 07:23 PM

I use chemical guys - see my post in this shine section titled "getting there"

Scott.T 21-04-2014 08:16 PM

It's a bit like asking what oil to use. A bit of a mine field.

I've given many a go. Auto glym was my favourite but that was 10 years ago and products have changed a lot in recent years.

At the moment my cupboard contains :
Poor boys for general waxing and sealing
Chemical guy's for general waxing and sealing but also product for tyres, trim and rubber hoses
Prima sealing wax
Mezerna for dual action cutting polishing
Meguiars detailer and clay bars

Plus a few other bits......you know the kinda stuff you get given by family for Christmas and yes that includes auto glym. Now only used for tarspot removal and cleaning the conservatory.

My advice would be to check out www.cleanyourcar.co.uk and read some of the product reviews.

555_Si 21-04-2014 09:42 PM

Going to try dodo juice next, gone off autoglym.

Rdlangy1 22-04-2014 09:25 AM

Ive never got on with Autoglym as I find it doesn't really bring the shine up like meguiars or Chem guys products do - but totally agree with above comments - its all about personal preference... :-)

Banstead Stig 22-04-2014 03:12 PM

I've had good success with AutoGlym, but my eyes have definitely been opened to a brave new world.

Running down supplies to replace with some of the stuff the guys have referred to above.

www.cleanyourcar.com is a great site and I've recently been perusing www.i4detailing.co.UK which seems good.

munk 22-04-2014 06:00 PM

i always use auto glym..and have for years, but also believe its alot about having the correct materials and technique..:ok:

thepieman 22-04-2014 09:15 PM

Super Resin Polish? :nono:

Lets not be forgetting that is was formally known as Silicone Resin Polish:getmecoat: lets also not be forgetting that silicone is not great for water based paint finishes!!!

If you use something like Menzerna (as its been mentioned) on a car thats had a silicone polish applied, you can end up with smears, streaks etc especially when using a machine....! as the silcone is designed to withstand removal, in the worst cases, harsh clay bar or 4000 wet sand is necessary..even then some silicone will remain!!

To the general public AG products are OK, due to the finish that they provide for relativly easy effort..... silicone and filler heavy products, with a small amount of sealent included.... they also have too much cut (although stated as not alot) to be using on a regular basis:nono: IMO

Far better off purchasing individual products to do the job they are each designed for:five: you can then renew the finish layers to keep on top of things without the need to keep cutting back:polish:

all that being said, if you get the finish your happy with using a certain product, then can't be a bad thing:five:

Ginola 22-04-2014 09:22 PM

Which polish do you use then Ron ;)

thepieman 22-04-2014 09:55 PM

I use a few Dave:wink: depends on whats necessary to achieve a finish.....

chemical guys V range is worth a look and you can get (may need to import now) an all in one from them that'll do a better job than AG as a similar product.

Scholl Concepts A15 also worth a look:wink:

Ginola 22-04-2014 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thepieman (Post 186455)
I use a few Dave:wink: depends on whats necessary to achieve a finish.....

chemical guys V range is worth a look and you can get (may need to import now) an all in one from them that'll do a better job than AG as a similar product.

Scholl Concepts A15 also worth a look:wink:

:-P:polish: I will have to get some new polish now and move my autoglym resin poo to the use for the Pug only box! Though I don't actually polish that so it might sit there for a very long time!:polish:

Rdlangy1 23-04-2014 08:37 AM

I get my chemical guys from www.cleanyourcar.co.uk - good prices...