South East Scoobies

South East Scoobies (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/index.php)
-   Regional Club Meets (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   GOODWOOD FESTIVAL OF SPEED 3rd JULY (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/showthread.php?t=1669)

BIG"E" 20-06-2009 03:14 PM

GOODWOOD FESTIVAL OF SPEED 3rd JULY

As ABOVE.

ANYONE INTERESTED ????

I went last year for the 1st time its a great day out. :doubleup:

Tickets here:

http://www.goodwood.co.uk/tickets/Default.aspx

C. J. 20-06-2009 03:19 PM

Re: GOODWOOD FESTIVAL OF SPEED 3rd JULY

would love to go but skint

666subaru 20-06-2009 03:21 PM

We have too much on that month already so we cant :doubledown:

Steve_PPP 20-06-2009 05:40 PM

never been, is it quieter on the Friday normally? heard it gets very busy?

Hongkongfooi 20-06-2009 06:13 PM

Tickets have arrived and already going on the friday...early, aim to get there for 7.30 for bacon sarny and loadsa coffee! :yeah:

BIG"E" 20-06-2009 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_PPP
never been, is it quieter on the Friday normally? heard it gets very busy?

Yes it is, does get busier on the other days :doubleup:

Thats because its VERY GOOD !!!

its £33 on the Friday and £48 on the Saturday and Sunday.

Steve if you've never been its a MUST :nod:

Steve_PPP 20-06-2009 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG E
Steve if you've never been its a MUST :nod:

would like to, but if i go i'd definately like to get up to see the rally stage in the woods. heard some people say from last year that they struggled to see the rally stage and everything else all in one day tho....

will see if the mrs is interested, and if so, will make a day out of it :doubleup:

BIG"E" 20-06-2009 06:57 PM

Thats one thing thats for sure there is loads to see.
You name it, its there, last year they had not one but 3 Veyrons, the thing I liked about the exhibits is that you can get close up to everything :nod:

The rally stage is at the top of the hill past the 4x4 rides, with the awesome sounding V8 Bowlers
you can get a ride to the top in a purpose made trailer towed behind a TRACTOR, :doubleup:

Martin likes TRACTOR rides. :lol:

Scott.T 20-06-2009 07:09 PM

I'll defo be going on the Friday.... my 'Free' tickets turned up Friday.
I've been about 5 or 6 times and only paid once :doubleup:

I've been to alot of shows/events over this years, and Goodwood blows them all into the weeds. It's the best event this country hass to offer and it's only 1hr20mins away which makes a nice change too :doubleup: :doubleup:

SUBARMAN 20-06-2009 07:20 PM

We will be collecting for the Richard Burns Foundation as usual (on the Friday).

crow sti 22-06-2009 11:11 AM

Been to the festival of speed and the revival , find the revival a far better day with all the old stuff but that could be just me :oldman:

Hongkongfooi 22-06-2009 02:11 PM

'You name it, its there, last year they had not one but 3 Veyrons, the thing I liked about the exhibits is that you can get close up to everything :nod: '

Not as easy as it was when it first started....i've been going every year except last year and tbho it is getting to the stage that a) lord march is taking the p**s out of the price and B) its so crowded you cant get near enough to get a good gander/photo (I have almost lost it with people walking in front just as the camera is about to go off :wa: ) so the cars are as good as ever but its more about the money and less about the petrolheads now :cry:

If you are anything less than 6ft tall (ie my missus) then it gets very frustrating..

YOU HAVE GOT TO GO AT LEAST ONCE THOUGH!!

BIG"E" 22-06-2009 06:48 PM

Last year we didnt have any problems,
with the crowd at all, it wasn't that jammed at all. :doubleup:

Which is why I am going again. :nod:

Steve_PPP 22-06-2009 07:34 PM

can you get tickets on the gate if you get there early enough? or is it advance purchase only?

not sure what my plans are yet and it might be close to the day before i know (maybe too late for them to post tickets....)

Hongkongfooi 22-06-2009 07:36 PM

pre order only I'm afraid

BIG"E" 22-06-2009 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_PPP
can you get tickets on the gate if you get there early enough? or is it advance purchase only?

not sure what my plans are yet and it might be close to the day before i know (maybe too late for them to post tickets....)

You can not get tickets on the day. :doubledown:

On line or by phone in advance only. :doubledown:

Steve_PPP 22-06-2009 07:48 PM

i'll have to pull my finger out and try and sort plans out quickly then! :drive:

iain1502 22-06-2009 08:17 PM

Even those who work for the company have to put their names down months before hand to be able to go any comp tickets, always a sell out.

Red Baron 23-06-2009 09:02 PM

If anyones going to buy tickkets for the Friday it's worth checking ebay as The Times have done their usual Free Giveaway and ebay is flooded with pairs of tickets for 99p start. I'd be surprised if they go for a final price of anything more than £20 a pair.

Shane

Steve_PPP 23-06-2009 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shane
If anyones going to buy tickkets for the Friday it's worth checking ebay as The Times have done their usual Free Giveaway and ebay is flooded with pairs of tickets for 99p start. I'd be surprised if they go for a final price of anything more than £20 a pair.

Shane

cheers for the heads up :doubleup:

mrs doesn't fancy but i might just go anyway if i can pick up a cheap ticket. you guys all going friday then?

midlife2 23-06-2009 10:49 PM

Anyone know what the parkings like at Goodwood? Wonder if the car will be safe and dent free in the carpark.