South East Scoobies

South East Scoobies (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/index.php)
-   The Ring Zone (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   For the Ring guy's (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/showthread.php?t=7800)

Nige 04-04-2011 05:14 AM

For the Ring guy's

http://www.nurburgring.org.uk/
http://www.rent4ring.de/index.php?id=5&no_cache=1&L=1

THINGS TO SEE & DO
http://ausweichsitz.de/content/view/53/239/
http://www.westwallmuseum-irrel.de/index_de.html
http://www.bwb.org/portal/a/bwb/kcxm...SUVhREFBIS9lbg!
http://www.kart-club-kerpen.de/

OR
Drive down to Cochem, very nice and cosy town with bars and restaurants. Then you can take the shortcut over to Boppard, vinding roads up on the other side of the Mosel valley and down to Rhein valley. Both town are very nice.

In Spay, next town north of Boppard, before you are in Koblenz, there are a very nice restaurant at the Alter Posthof Hotel, wild game such as wild boar, deer etc on the meny. You will eat a 3 star Michelin Guide dinner at bargain prices, a hidden gem in Spay. Next door are the winehouse Müller which brews one of the best white wines in Germany, just ring on the doorbell and you can taste wine there. Try the desert wine in the Beerenauslese class.

Go trecking and outdoor barbeque with some pints around the Nurburgring.

Visit some of the castles around, Nürburg, the castle in Cochem and the Marksburg not far from Koblenz.

Take a River boat on the Mosel or on the Rhine.

Crowman 04-04-2011 08:39 AM

http://i376.photobucket.com/albums/o...h_MOV00885.jpg

Steve_PPP 04-04-2011 08:47 AM

Claire and I stayed in Boppard for 3 nights before we headed up to meet you guys last year. Nice little town on the Rhein, great place to get a boat trip for a few hours.

Would recommend a visit, very similar sort of place as Cochem but slightly bigger i guess.

Crowman 04-04-2011 12:58 PM

Keep your eyes peeled for these strange fellows

http://i376.photobucket.com/albums/o...s/DSC02278.jpg

BIG"E" 04-04-2011 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crowman (Post 82242)

A must for this year.:doubleup:

Cant remeber what happened to Nige on this video.??

majorscooby 04-04-2011 09:19 PM

Well watching that brought back some fond memories of the old blue wagon, and many emotions there!!! na na na haaaaaa haaaaaaa, worz you've had me in stitches :rofl::rofl::rofl: and seeing the old scoob and hearing the exhaust note brought a tear to my eye :cry::cry::cry:.

Don't think I've driven in a better environment, awesome!

Crowman 05-04-2011 12:07 AM

Rich
You better get your arse along next year. new toy soon too, so long as I keep away from deer this time.

Nige 05-04-2011 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG"E" (Post 82320)
A must for this year.:doubleup:

Cant remeber what happened to Nige on this video.??

I was to busy on the track & being driven around the track by Niel in my Evo. :drive:

Nige 08-04-2011 04:14 AM

prices

A bit of a rip off this year as you have food included in your ticket price even if you didn't want it.:drive:

◦1 lap: € 24,00
◦4 laps: € 89,00, incl. € 10,00 food/drinks voucher for the Eifeldorf Grüne Hölle*, 1 ring°werk ticket
◦15 laps: € 310,00, incl. € 20,00 food/drinks voucher for the Eifeldorf Grüne Hölle*, 1 ring°werk ticket
◦25 laps: € 470,00, incl. € 30,00 food/drinks voucher for the Eifeldorf Grüne Hölle*, 1 ring°werk ticket
◦Season ticket: € 1.350,00, incl. € 100,00 food/drinks voucher for the Eifeldorf Grüne Hölle*, 2 ring°werk ticket :acid:

Steve_PPP 08-04-2011 08:13 AM

I noticed that Nige, guess they're trying to get people through the door of that daft ring'o'werk building...

4 laps for me :)

worzel 08-04-2011 08:52 AM

15 for me :drive:

C. J. 08-04-2011 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by worzel (Post 82720)
15 for me :drive:

a track day would be cheap not to far away ! ;-)

Steve_PPP 08-04-2011 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C. J. (Post 82721)

Now there's a good idea! :lol:

worzel 08-04-2011 09:05 AM

Quote:

15 laps works out at £230.00 so not too horrific or £15.30 per lap.

Spa track day sounds bloody good though mate. :ok:

BIG"E" 08-04-2011 07:10 PM

Quote:

How many more times are we going to hear this??

OCD or what?

Any one can drive round a nice safe track with nice big run off areas.:doubleup:

Hongkongfooi 08-04-2011 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG"E" (Post 82763)

OCD or what?

Any one can drive round a nice safe track with nice big run off areas.:doubleup:

where is the yawn smiley?:wink:

Anger 08-04-2011 08:21 PM

We should just do brands hatch..... its cheaper and if you break it we are closer to home :D

Steve_PPP 08-04-2011 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anger (Post 82767)
We should just do brands hatch..... its cheaper and if you break it we are closer to home :D

Now there's an idea, why doesn't someone organise it? :whistle:

;)

BIG"E" 08-04-2011 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anger (Post 82767)

Now thats a good idea,

and its only got five corners (Indy circuit),

you can get there in under an hour.

Why oh why are we going to Germany to spend money we must be

completely :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

C. J. 08-04-2011 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG"E" (Post 82763)

OCD or what?

No more OCD than you have with the ring
only saying if your going to spend for 15 laps you can gett a full day at a proper cuircuit , but there is no educating some poeple ,enjoy the armco barrier :doubleup:
If you all get bored why not take a drive over and have a look at the track instead of slagging the idea off when you haven't even seen it with your own eye's

BIG"E" 08-04-2011 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C. J. (Post 82770)
No more OCD than you have with the ring
only saying if your going to spend for 15 laps you can gett a full day at a proper cuircuit , but there is no educating some poeple ,enjoy the armco barrier :doubleup:
If you all get bored why not take a drive over and have a look at the track instead of slagging the idea off when you haven't even seen it with your own eye's

Get bored now you are having a laugh.

We are all going to have fun and will do whether we are driving round the Ring or on the surrounding roads, and enjoying each others company

I dont recall anyone slagging of the idea of going to Spa.

What is boring is you keeping on about this years trip and how we could all save money by going to Spa. If we wanted to go to Spa we would may be next year others will who knows?

"No educating some people" thats rich.

People is spelt PEOPLE not POEPLE :rofl:

Granby 08-04-2011 11:20 PM

I'm going on this trip to have a laugh and enjoy myself

I may go on track but then again i may not (if it's raining then theres no f***ing way i will lol) but it doesn't really matter :-)

Steve_PPP 09-04-2011 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Granby (Post 82795)
I'm going on this trip to have a laugh and enjoy myself

I may go on track but then again i may not (if it's raining then theres no f***ing way i will lol) but it doesn't really matter :-)

Don't blame you for not going out in the rain in your motor. Its all about getting away from the usual 9-5, having some beers and relaxing in a beautiful part of Germany :nod:

Anger 09-04-2011 04:36 PM

And the Company Steve.... Had such a laugh last year

Granby 09-04-2011 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_PPP (Post 82825)
Don't blame you for not going out in the rain in your motor. Its all about getting away from the usual 9-5, having some beers and relaxing in a beautiful part of Germany :nod:

Went to Monkfish Performance this week and had the road responce & rear end packs fitted, this replaces some of the suspension bushes with uprated items and a 4 wheel alignment

And its has made a big difference to how the barge feels in the corners and under acceleration, before going into a corner the car would feel soft but now its feels very taught and precise and accelerating out of corners it feels more planted :D, you do get a little bit more road noise but its nothing major and most of the time you hardly notice it :wink:

Hongkongfooi 09-04-2011 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Granby (Post 82836)
Went to Monkfish Performance this week and had the road responce & rear end packs fitted, this replaces some of the suspension bushes with uprated items and a 4 wheel alignment

And its has made a big difference to how the barge feels in the corners and under acceleration, before going into a corner the car would feel soft but now its feels very taught and precise and accelerating out of corners it feels more planted :D, you do get a little bit more road noise but its nothing major and most of the time you hardly notice it :wink:

didn't feel the lure of a supercharger?:ok:

Granby 09-04-2011 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hongkongfooi (Post 82839)
didn't feel the lure of a supercharger?:ok:

Well we had a chat about them :ninja:

worzel 09-04-2011 08:25 PM

Without doubt it's all about the crack. :ok:

CJ's Spa Trip is more full on Track Day stuff than the annual pilgrimage to the Ring. If I get the chance I will be doing both this year :nod:

Like James & Steve have said, it's a great laugh and a cracking weekend with lots of beer and good people. On top of that, you get to hoon round the legend that is the Ring! Who could ask for more?

BIG"E" 09-04-2011 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG"E" (Post 82789)

We are all going to have fun and will do whether we are driving round the Ring or on the surrounding roads, and enjoying each others company

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_PPP (Post 82825)
Its all about getting away from the usual 9-5, having some beers and relaxing in a beautiful part of Germany :nod:

Quote:

Originally Posted by worzel (Post 82841)
Without doubt it's all about the crack. :ok:

Like James & Steve have said, it's a great laugh and a cracking weekend with lots of beer and good people. On top of that, you get to hoon round the legend that is the Ring! Who could ask for more?

I am so glad we all agree.:doubleup: :five:

Bring it on.
:drive::drive::drive::drive::drive::drive::hurrah: :beer::beer::beer:

majorscooby 10-04-2011 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crowman (Post 82366)
Rich
You better get your arse along next year. new toy soon too, so long as I keep away from deer this time.

As we spoke before im defo coming next year!!! Shotgun passenger with martyn 100%!!!!!!!!!!

BIG"E" 10-04-2011 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by majorscooby (Post 82869)
As we spoke before im defo coming next year!!! Shotgun passenger with martyn 100%!!!!!!!!!!

That will be good. :doubleup:

but in what vehicle???? :whistle:

worzel 11-04-2011 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG"E" (Post 82873)
but in what vehicle???? :whistle:

Something a bit special me thinks! :ok: