South East Scoobies

South East Scoobies (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/index.php)
-   Members Car Profiles (Non-Subaru) (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/forumdisplay.php?f=194)
-   -   The golfs replacement (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/showthread.php?t=19373)

Lucky 27-11-2014 08:09 PM

The golfs replacement

Ordered!!! Not due for delivery until March next year, though may arrive with the dealer early (hopefully)

Totally different to anything I have had. Fancied something a bit more comfy but still with a bit of go in it and some decent economy. This came up with an incredible lease deal (£25 a month more than the golf!) for two years so thought, why not.

2015 C220 AMG LINE.

Full AMG kit apart from the engine lol including seats, flat bottomed wheel, flappy paddles etc.

Oh and in OBSIDIAN BLACK lol.

Fairly decent performance (for a diesel) 7 sec 0-60, 400nm and 70 mpg!!!

Some random pics of the same car from the net:

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...psd2c798c6.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...psbad77720.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...ps5c6bea49.jpg

Scott.T 27-11-2014 08:55 PM

Very nice and fine for a shorty bloke.
I sat in one at MBW and my head touched the roof.
With the sun visor down all I could see was a vanity mirror !!!!!

Sti mayhew 27-11-2014 09:12 PM

Very nice mr luck, I do like a nice merc

Lucky 27-11-2014 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSurfer (Post 200365)
Very nice and fine for a shorty bloke.
I sat in one at MBW and my head touched the roof.
With the sun visor down all I could see was a vanity mirror !!!!!

lol, was the seat on its lowest scott? I couldn't see over the dash with it down there!!

Lucky 27-11-2014 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sti mayhew (Post 200366)
Very nice mr luck, I do like a nice merc

Cheers Craig. Never had one before but I really like what they've done with the c class.

Scott.T 27-11-2014 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky (Post 200367)
lol, was the seat on its lowest scott? I couldn't see over the dash with it down there!!

Yes. I made sure of that

Steve_PPP 27-11-2014 10:06 PM

Very nice mate, need to be careful though, people might start to think estate agents are rip-off merchants ;) :D

Lucky 27-11-2014 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_PPP (Post 200373)
Very nice mate, need to be careful though, people might start to think estate agents are rip-off merchants ;) :D

Meh, what's another title to add to my glorious 'profession'!!

555_Si 27-11-2014 10:17 PM

Thats odd Scott, my step father is about same height as you and just got a E350cdi AMG estate, lovely bit of kit, but he actually fits in a car for a change.

555_Si 27-11-2014 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky (Post 200374)

lol and that's from someone who works in IT! eh Steve.

Lucky 27-11-2014 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_PPP (Post 200373)

All joking aside mercedes are churning these out at silly money on business and personal lease at the moment.

Lucky 27-11-2014 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wagon_Si (Post 200376)
lol and that's from someone who works in IT! eh Steve.

You kinda get used to it after a while si. To be honest many in my job ask for it!!!

Steve_PPP 27-11-2014 10:22 PM

What's the rate for a personal lease then?

Lucky 27-11-2014 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_PPP (Post 200381)
What's the rate for a personal lease then?

£259 plus vat for business ( we claim it back)
£279 personal (no vat)

That includes service and road tax for 2 years.

XRS 28-11-2014 08:26 AM

I don't believe it. We take delivery of our C250 Sport estate on 9th December in WHITE :). Decided not to go for the AMG as we wanted the smoothe ride and not the run-flats.

I'll post some pics when we get it.

Lucky 28-11-2014 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XRS (Post 200398)
I don't believe it. We take delivery of our C250 Sport estate on 9th December in WHITE :). Decided not to go for the AMG as we wanted the smoothe ride and not the run-flats.

I'll post some pics when we get it.

WOW!.

I couldn't get the C250 in on budget with the AMG pack so it was between the C250 Sport or the C220 AMG for me.

I know what you mean with the ride Phil, all the reviews have said the sport rides better than the AMG. I just liked the way the AMG sat/looked.

I also couldnt decide between the saloon or estate but we have Sarah's new Galaxy for lugging things/kids around so this is really just for me for work and the odd Le Mans trip in comfort!

The only things I 'specced' were the 7 speed Auto with paddles (standard on the 250 I believe but an option for the 220) and Metallic (Black of course!).

Did you go for White or the Met pearl White?

Cant wait to hear what you think. A bit different from what we are used to!.

XRS 28-11-2014 09:27 AM

Agreed about the look of the AMG, but we decided ride was most important, plus the AMG we were potentially interested in was snapped up by another dealership. Ours is solid white, premium pack and is replacing our Galaxy, though we won't be able to put bikes in the back without taking off the front wheel like we can in the Galaxy.
Yes, 7-speed with flappy paddles is standard on the C250 and self-levelling rear suspension. I have already driven the car (it had 4 miles on the clock when I drove it out of the showroom) as well as a few others and the overall impression is how easy it is to drive (it even parks itself) - the only problem could be finding out how everything works. After not buying a car since 2005 when I bought the T25 technology seems to have progressed somewhat!

Lucky 28-11-2014 09:38 AM

Great stuff. I prefer the solid white, its a much brighter white than the metallic. Parked next to each other it makes the metallic look almost cream in colour.

The technology is incredible and as you say will take some getting used to. Sarah's Galaxy is fairly well specced but this appears to be on another level. Hope I dont crash messing around with the touch pad!

Hongkongfooi 28-11-2014 10:33 AM

Very nice. We have had for the last month the same car in estate form but end of last years run. I love it but it makes my car seem very very old and badly built:doh:

Lucky 28-11-2014 10:47 AM

Thanks Tim. They are nicely screwed together. Maybe a nice cheap Classic for the garage now :razz:. Should have kept the wagon :brickwall:

Ginola 28-11-2014 12:10 PM

Very nice Steve :) 70mpg!!! WTF!

Bolesroor 28-11-2014 12:27 PM

Very smart Steve :doubleup:

Scott.T 28-11-2014 12:31 PM

This is what I sat in and couldn't see out
http://starconnect-ce.i.daimler.com/...&POV=BE240,SZT

I also sat in the back and would of had to remove my head for any journey more then 5 minutes.

Nice looking car though.....

Just spec'd it up on the Merc configurator and spent £45K in virtual money.....

Scott.T 28-11-2014 12:38 PM

But if I'm going to spend £45K in virtual money, I may aswell spend £112K ;)

Lucky 28-11-2014 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSurfer (Post 200424)
This is what I sat in and couldn't see out

I also sat in the back and would of had to remove my head for any journey more then 5 minutes.

Nice looking car though.....

Just spec'd it up on the Merc configurator and spent £45K in virtual money.....

That's a CLA which is smaller than the C. I did wonder when you said your head hit the roof as the seat on the C goes really low allowing for taller people than myself!!

I did look at the CLA but preferred the look and space in the C.

Lucky 28-11-2014 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSurfer (Post 200425)
But if I'm going to spend £45K in virtual money, I may aswell spend £112K ;)

Agreed!!!

Lucky 28-11-2014 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ginola (Post 200418)
Very nice Steve :) 70mpg!!! WTF!

Incredible isn't it. The 2.0TDI golf I thought was good at 60 odd. To think that the MB has more power, more torque and is bigger it shows how quickly things move on. I guess the fact that a lot of the panels are aluminium help. Its a good 100kg lighter tan its predecessor.

Hongkongfooi 28-11-2014 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky (Post 200428)
Incredible isn't it. The 2.0TDI golf I thought was good at 60 odd. To think that the MB has more power, more torque and is bigger it shows how quickly things move on. I guess the fact that a lot of the panels are aluminium help. Its a good 100kg lighter tan its predecessor.

I doubt you will see that mpg. We get 50 pn mixed driving. Not bad for a twin turbo 2.1 though

Lucky 28-11-2014 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hongkongfooi (Post 200431)
I doubt you will see that mpg. We get 50 pn mixed driving. Not bad for a twin turbo 2.1 though

Agreed Tim. The reported 60 on the golf combined is more like 50. It'll easily do 60/65 on a run. I expect the merc will be the same ish.

bigemp 29-11-2014 12:47 PM

Looks very nice Steve

scottpolestar 30-11-2014 09:47 PM

Looks very smart

impreza27 01-12-2014 07:47 PM

Looks very nice mate

XRS 25-03-2015 03:28 PM

Well????

Lucky 25-03-2015 05:35 PM

It arrived today!!

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...psj0bdrrvx.jpg

Well, at 4.00pm to be exact so had no time to take any pics. Taken it for a short drive and very pleased so far. The quality is astounding. I always thought the golf felt well put together but this is in another league.

Where on earth I start trying to find out how everything works, I have no idea! I'm sure it will all become clear eventually but the settings available for the heating, sat nav, phone and media are never ending. I noticed its agility system is set to 'eco' as default on the set up, so will explore 'comfort', 'sport' and 'sport+' when I can.

Not sure what the little green 'Battery' thing is that seems to replenish itself when I lift off? Be nice to think its some form of KERS system?.

I'll get some pics up and a bit of a write up when I've actually driven it for a while but well pleased so far.

XRS 25-03-2015 06:16 PM

Yes, the vast array of controls and setting do boggle the mind, we're still not familiar with everything (like using the touch pad to select a letter rather than a number).
Strange about your default being Eco, as mine is Comfort. We ran it in in Eco though.

What are you doing in the economy settings? ;) I have no idea what the battery thing is either, but the economy is gradually improving (currently in the mid 40s in general running about, 55 or so on a run).

PM me if any particular control is causing you to scratch your head too much - you never know, I might have worked it out.

Enjoy!

Lucky 26-03-2015 01:13 PM

Thanks Phil.

Too early to say on the fuel front as so far the car has done the grand total of 34 miles!.

Starting to get used to where everything (basics) is. I've sussed if I just press 'auto' on everything it seems to sort everything out.

Managed to pair my phone and stream music via Bluetooth successfully. The phone settings boggle me a bit. On the golf, when I pressed the 'phone' button, six of my most used numbers appeared on the screen and would stay there. Cant seem to work that out on the merc at the moment.

Only criticism so far is I like to sit quite high and if I have the seat on a fairly high position I can easily whack my head getting out on the A pillar, but probably just something else to get used too. Reversing is fun too as I'm not used to a camara and usually rely on the mirrors. When in reverse the passenger mirror dips so low its impossible to see whats behind, but just sussed that too, I now leave the right hand mirror on and then the left wont dip in reverse. It needs the camara though as the boot is invisible from inside.

I'll get some pics up at some point.

XRS 29-03-2015 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky (Post 204972)
Not sure what the little green 'Battery' thing is that seems to replenish itself when I lift off? Be nice to think its some form of KERS system?.

Steve, I popped in to the dealer to sort out our not being able to enter letters on the phone, and of course it was us - just have to tap the touchpad and it accepts drawn letters. Also, if you hover over a number you have in your pre-sets and tap the touchpad it will dial that number. Plus, on the "Send" icon it brings up your latest calls, all good.

The battery thing shows you how you've charged up the stop-start battery as it only works when you have sufficient charge.

bigemp 29-03-2015 05:52 PM

Love the look of these,looks great steve,lovely and smooth to drive as well i bet especially after the scoob.