South East Scoobies

South East Scoobies (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/index.php)
-   Regional Club Meets (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Surrey Scoobies Jan 2012 Meet (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/showthread.php?t=12612)

thepieman 04-01-2012 11:27 AM

Surrey Scoobies Jan 2012 Meet

Surrey Scoobies 1st Monthly meet of 2012 kicks off @......

The Midday Sun
Outwood Lane
Chipstead
Coulsdon
Surrey
CR5 3NA

This Sunday 8th January, @ 1PM:drive:

Crowman 04-01-2012 11:47 AM

Weather permitting, i could be up for this one.

tbtstt 04-01-2012 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crowman (Post 116460)
Weather permitting, i could be up for this one.

Be good to see your car (and you! :D) down there! :doubleup:

ajf 04-01-2012 03:40 PM

Just make sure you take a broom

tbtstt 04-01-2012 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajf (Post 116522)

Should be sorted this month, will be getting there early again though, just in case.

Guy B 04-01-2012 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajf (Post 116522)

Lets just be clear on this shall we, the first time we went to this pub we turned up unannounced and the staff kindly allowed us to use the overflow car park, however some skumbag flytipper had been in and dumped crap all over one corner of the car park. At the November meet a few members of SS turned up with brooms before the meet and tidied up as best they could (which I think says allot about the club). At the December meet we spoke to the new manager there (he had literally been there days) who said that the car park would be fully sorted for January as he would like SS to meet there on a monthly basys. I will be paying a visit on Saturday to make sure it is clear if not then I will deal with it.

ajf 04-01-2012 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guy B (Post 116531)
Lets just be clear on this shall we, the first time we went to this pub we turned up unannounced and the staff kindly allowed us to use the overflow car park, however some skumbag flytipper had been in and dumped crap all over one corner of the car park. At the November meet a few members of SS turned up with brooms before the meet and tidied up as best they could (which I think says allot about the club). At the December meet we spoke to the new manager there (he had literally been there days) who said that the car park would be fully sorted for January as he would like SS to meet there on a monthly basys. I will be paying a visit on Saturday to make sure it is clear if not then I will deal with it.

Says a lot about an area when the pub gets fly tipped in
I personal don't like the pub
I have only been once what with fly tipping in the car park and 2 unsupervised kids playing on the pool table tells you about the sort of people who drink in it

Guy B 04-01-2012 05:11 PM

Fair enough, that's your opinion. I quite like it and the new manager we met seemed a decent enough bloke who is sorting the place out. Needless to say if it hasn't improved it wont be our monthly meeting point for very long but I say we give the place a chance

Crowman 04-01-2012 05:16 PM

Im happy to come and give it a go, always willing to try something once.

Can always change, if not good still

Take it they do grub

tbtstt 04-01-2012 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajf (Post 116532)
I have only been once what with fly tipping in the car park and 2 unsupervised kids playing on the pool table tells you about the sort of people who drink in it

The two kids playing pool whose parents were sitting on the table beside the pool table?...

Sorry to hear you don't like the pub - I admit its certainly not an ideal location for everyone in Surrey - but the staff have been welcoming every time we've been down there, the prices don't keep fluctuating every time someone orders a drink and the food there doesn't take 2 days to arrive so its an improvement over The Fairmile already.

As for the "quality" of the clientele I think you'll be lucky to find a pub anywhere that doesn't have kids in it on a Sunday lunchtime, but I've not sensed any issues in the months we've been there thus far and, as far as I know, neither has anyone else whose been there: hence why the same members have continued to come back every month.

As Guy says, if no improvement is shown or if we feel the place is unsuitable for any reason then we won't hesitate to move elsewhere.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crowman
Take it they do grub

Yes indeed. Its a Hungry Horse pub, so the regular selection of pub grub! :doubleup:

http://www.hungryhorse.co.uk/our-menu/

majorscooby 04-01-2012 06:30 PM

Working this sunday! :roll:

Anger 04-01-2012 06:51 PM

I think you know where I am ;)

ajf 04-01-2012 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anger (Post 116572)

Beddington boating lake I heard lol

Anger 04-01-2012 07:04 PM

Close......

Guy B 04-01-2012 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anger (Post 116572)

Knees deep in ladyboys?

Anger 04-01-2012 07:26 PM

Muslim country... Get your directions right... I'm in Malaysia

Steve_PPP 04-01-2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guy B (Post 116588)
Knees deep in ladyboys?

:rofl: :rofl:

Not sure what i'm up to on Sunday, but if i'm free i'll pop up. Surprisingly, its only about 30 mins from here :)

Crowman 04-01-2012 10:01 PM

How far is it from junction 8 M25

Steve_PPP 04-01-2012 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crowman (Post 116627)
How far is it from junction 8 M25

Google maps says 4 miles, but i'd go straight up the M23 to Hooley (j7 instead of j8) and then its only 2.5 miles from where the motorway stops.

Guy B 05-01-2012 08:59 AM

Yeah it's about 10 mins from J8, going the J7 way is quicker but there are some lovely lanes between J8 and the meet spot :ok:

bottlesofbecks 05-01-2012 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajf (Post 116532)

With the price of trade waste disposal so high, it is a sorry fact that fly tipping is on the up and the people doing it are less bothered about where and how far they have to travel to do it, the company I work for clear 2-3 fly tips a day on a good day.

lady-turbo-wrx 05-01-2012 10:48 AM

So how many is actually Going then?? :drive:

Anybody planning a convoy??

tbtstt 05-01-2012 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lady-turbo-wrx (Post 116677)
So how many is actually Going then?? :drive:

We've got 8 cars signed up on Surrey, plus whoever is coming from SES and whoever decides to come without signing up first!

Crowman 05-01-2012 01:59 PM

1. Crowman

lady-turbo-wrx 05-01-2012 05:24 PM

I want to,but the last time i went to a surrey meet,Nobody spoke to me :cry:

Crowman 05-01-2012 05:52 PM

Trace, i promise you i will speak to you, as i always do :-)

Steve_PPP 07-01-2012 12:39 PM

Whats the food like?

I've looked at the menu and i'm always a bit sceptical when a pub can do burger & chips cheaper than MaccyD's!

tbtstt 07-01-2012 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_PPP (Post 116975)
Whats the food like?

I've looked at the menu and i'm always a bit sceptical when a pub can do burger & chips cheaper than MaccyD's!

Its not gourmet, but I've eaten there a couple of times and its pretty good pub grub.

Northy Doons went for the Big Philly burger last time and I got food envy (I only had a meagre bacon & cheese burger) so I'm going Big Philly tomorrow. :doubleup:

Crowman 08-01-2012 03:54 PM

Guys, it was great to meet you all and put some faces to names.
A very nice selection of cars .
I saw Karting steve getting plenty of pics, looking forward to seeing them.

Sorry I couldn't stay longer, I see my two boys on a Sunday and was running rather late.

The pub seemed fine to me, especially as it was warm and had loads of big tv's with the footy on:-)

Steve and Claire great stuff with the calendars.

Surrey scoobies big thanks for the mugs and pens guys

thepieman 08-01-2012 04:42 PM

:agreed:

Nice to meet a great bunch of the SurreyScoobies members today:five:

Thanks to Guy, for the introductions and thanks to everyone for making us feel welcome.........

Steve_PPP 08-01-2012 05:03 PM

Good to meet a few more faces, some nice scoobs there. :ok:

Good to see Jura's scoob at the meet too :nod:

Crowman 08-01-2012 05:22 PM

Did you eat steve, any good ?

Guy B 08-01-2012 05:25 PM

Thanks for coming chaps, it was a pleasure to see you :ok:

Very good meet I thought

tbtstt 08-01-2012 05:32 PM

I thought it was a good meet too: great to see some new faces from Surrey and some old faces from SES. ;)

Sure we'll be at the pub again, so I hope more SES folk decide to pop along in the future!

And yes, I agree with Steve PPP, great to see Jura's car out of a project thread and at a meet!

Crowman 08-01-2012 05:32 PM

Good to see you Guy, shame the scoobs gone but like the sound of your future ideas.

Steve_PPP 08-01-2012 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crowman (Post 117133)
Did you eat steve, any good ?

Yep, as tbtstt says its not exactly gourmet, but i'd rather spend a fiver on a burger & chips in there instead of maccyd's. Simple cheap pub grub.

Plus point was that our table had a private TV in the wall next to it so i could watch the second half of the manc derby :)

kartingsteve 08-01-2012 11:19 PM

Good meet some very nice car there today and pictures up on Meets & Events.