South East Scoobies

South East Scoobies (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/index.php)
-   Chassis Tuning (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   raceland coilovers? (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/showthread.php?t=14426)

bonner 07-01-2013 05:17 PM

raceland coilovers?

Anybody own a set of know of them? After some feedback as looking at getting a set cheers

Hongkongfooi 07-01-2013 05:55 PM

Never heard of them :-D

SpecB 07-01-2013 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hongkongfooi (Post 149694)
Never heard of them :-D

Same here - best of the budgets tends to be BC's I'm running them on mine if you want to feel the ride quality.

bonner 07-01-2013 06:42 PM

il look into them bc i did read a negative on the bc about them commonly failing and poor customer service, s for the raceland i see a clean set on ebay for newage sti for £100 bin would have got them but was waiting on a reply about payment they were gone within 5 mins i did google them and another scooby forum had a thread on them there 350 delivered but there were to many pages to read thru n gave up on the review this was added about 2 years ago so was hoping sombody might be using them and to see how they hold out,

Steve_PPP 07-01-2013 06:56 PM

Read this thread on scoobynet (unless thats what you were looking at already). And if it was, its the best place to look, its only 5 pages!

http://bbs.scoobynet.com/suspension-...group-buy.html

bonner 07-01-2013 07:33 PM

Dont sound too bad! one failure and sorted! look nicely built too may have to get a set for 350 was looking at standard used sti setup for 450 but imo thats too much for used shocks without testing, its only for road use and lowering needs so has to be better than buying just springs for my shocks

Pricey 04-02-2013 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonner (Post 149680)
Anybody own a set of know of them? After some feedback as looking at getting a set cheers

Hi mate I bought some of these as they were recommended by a mate, I have done a few track days with them and they have been very good, the only thing I will say is I haven't had a impreza before on different types of coilovers?

If you do buy some buy a tin of the fk coilover spray protector stuff it stops them seizing up etc hope it's not to late and now useless info!

:doubleup:

bonner 04-02-2013 06:29 PM

no its all good! will be looking at getting some after my holiday in march, but not sure wether to get new or a very good second hand set from jpp?? ideally want somthing that isnt going to be to harsh on the roads as its my daily motor most are pointing towards bc, been told to stay away from fk and look into tracker on egay?? would be nice to buy something that will last and not fail

harvey05 04-02-2013 07:29 PM

i had these and they where ok

555_Si 05-02-2013 07:54 PM

can't say for scooby fitment, but on an mx5 i,had some Rokkers coilovers, which looked very very similar to raceland i think. the spring rate was so stiff that i couldn't drive the thing in the wet for risk of spinning it, awesome in the dry, as long as your fillings didn't fall out.

i have had many many suspension kits over the years, lots of coilovers included and i would say, if possible try and go in a few cars with the kit you are looking at before you buy, especially if not much adjustment. also assess what style of driving you want them for and their suitability, do you actually need coilovers?

i have kw v3's on my golf r32 and they are awesome even when on track setting being used on the road, there is actually too much adjustability in them for my driving ability and knowledge, they are simply punching way above my ability.

also look at build quality, you don't want a cheap chinese made piece of metal or weld failing at high speed.

Type-r-russ 09-02-2013 10:37 PM

so are the bc coilover any good for fast road with the odd track day ??

SpecB 10-02-2013 08:43 AM

I'm happy with mine.

kartingsteve 10-02-2013 04:52 PM

I had Bc's but happy with the Kw's now.

asperformance 10-02-2013 05:20 PM

KW's are far superior to BC's (and most others) but they are a little fruity price wise

555_Si 10-02-2013 10:51 PM

i was going to try bc's and if no good resell and reconsider, also going to keep eye out for some second hand tein flex's.

jura11 11-02-2013 09:49 PM

Stay away from Raceland coilovers,tried them on Cupra and must admit,they're proper hard like rock

BC for money are not bad,tried them and I like them,KW is different league from both of them and price is too different from model to model

Nitron 2-way or EXE-TC I would choose if I would go again with new coilovers

Jura

kartingsteve 11-02-2013 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asperformance (Post 152837)
KW's are far superior to BC's (and most others) but they are a little fruity price wise

I must say there are not cheep but for me it got that bad that the car was going to go as I could not stand any more bumpy roads,So after 18 mouths l then head good thing about KW's just as there when up 40% :shock: but in the end I had to give it a go. Still not tested to the max as in track days but at last I love me car again as there work as there should :drive: