South East Scoobies

South East Scoobies (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/index.php)
-   General Mechanics (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   classic clocks (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/showthread.php?t=3151)

J.Lander 04-01-2010 07:29 PM

classic clocks

After getting close to buying some clocks from a post on the forum then realising they werent the same as mine it has prompted me to sort my clocks problem out. I have a 1993 turbo2000, UK model i beleive although it doesnt have a rear wiper which apparently is weird. The clocks on it are as below....

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...1983/Dials.jpg

I guess what im wondering is are they correct for the car and they read about 15-20mph out can anybody diagnose the problem?

scoobycoops 05-01-2010 09:02 PM

Your doors are open.

worzel 06-01-2010 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scoobycoops (Post 31927)
Your doors are open.

:five: :lol:

J.Lander 06-01-2010 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scoobycoops (Post 31927)
Your doors are open.

oh crap thats where the draft was coming from!!! thanks....

can anyone now help with the clocks lol

willis 07-01-2010 05:16 PM

have the speedo always been like this sounds like its reading in kph not mph

J.Lander 07-01-2010 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willis (Post 32209)

yeah alwys has since i have owned it last year

MrX??? 07-01-2010 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willis (Post 32209)

Does indeed sound like the problem, just plug a kph to mph convertor in hopefully problem solved.

However if it is indeed a UK this shouldn't be an issue! no rear wiper does suggest UK version, what side is your indicator stalk?

Notice the dash has lockwood guages fitted, have had experience of the needle not being put back correctly when these have been fitted, maybe another reason.

J.Lander 08-01-2010 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrX??? (Post 32224)
Does indeed sound like the problem, just plug a kph to mph convertor in hopefully problem solved.

However if it is indeed a UK this shouldn't be an issue! no rear wiper does suggest UK version, what side is your indicator stalk?

Notice the dash has lockwood guages fitted, have had experience of the needle not being put back correctly when these have been fitted, maybe another reason.

I am 100% certain i put the needle back in the correct place when i fitted the white dials.

as you said no rear wiper, indicators are on the right hand side, wipers etc on the left.

surely a UK car wouldnt need a converter tho?

MrX??? 08-01-2010 01:20 PM

Maybe wrong but always thought the imports indicator stalks are right side and uk left side!

Other than the rear wiper it does sound more like an import or at least an import registered as uk.

That sort of year is likely to be jap although 93 did see a 2.0l uk but again I think this is more likely to be a jap in discuise.

I would go for the kph convertor as the beat option, does it read wrong consistantly? Doesn't jump about?

May have even just had a dash change in it's liftime?

willis 08-01-2010 06:03 PM

mines an import indicator on the right.it must be reading in kph its a mechanical speedo

J.Lander 10-01-2010 02:13 PM

i done some testing writing down speeds at 10mph interval according to my sat nav, and it was showing that there was no regular inconsistancy suggesting that it migh be broken i think? theres a set of clocks on ebay for 50 quid so im going to buy them, see if it solves the problem, if it doesnt then i shall go for the converter

MrX??? 10-01-2010 02:32 PM

Indeed, if the reading is not a consistent amount out, more than likely a fault somewhere.

Rather than buy a new set, I would first unplug those check all the connections and try again.

Just out of interest, does the car have fog light built into cluster? Assuming the rear lights are origional that is!

J.Lander 11-01-2010 05:17 PM

as im sure your going to typically expect the rear lights arent standard. Cheers for all the help, i will keep an eye on the clocks on ebay and check all the connections and of course keep you all posted on progress.$$

AndyWRX 11-01-2010 06:58 PM

i was told that only the import saloons have the rear wiper and the uk's dont, what rear lights do you have? i had a turbo 2000 and but jap sti rear lights in but had to change the panel over in the back of them for the fog light

Chunk 12-01-2010 12:09 AM

As said above

Jap imports have a rear wiper (some typeRA's excluded)

UK saloons do not have rear wipers