South East Scoobies

South East Scoobies (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/index.php)
-   Members Car Profiles (Non-Subaru) (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/forumdisplay.php?f=194)
-   -   The RS is here. (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/showthread.php?t=22366)

Matt23 08-03-2017 12:17 PM

The RS is here.

Just thought I would share a few pictures of my dads new car :-)
Feels really strange having a Ford sitting outside the door, and not a Subaru.
We collected the car Monday afternoon and have already put about 250 miles on the car trying to get it run in gently for the first 1000 miles or so, keeping under 4000-4500rpm, but even by using just over half the rev range, this car is seriously quick, but in a different way to the Impreza. There's no real kick back in the seat feel when the turbo kicks in, just hard smooth acceleration and before you know it, your doing some silly speeds. I really didn't think I'd enjoy driving it as much as the Impreza, because the Subaru brand is in my blood, but the RS is just brilliant and I think it will only get better the more it gets run in. Also the car will be getting the FPM375 pack and cat back exhaust system (not sure which 1 yet though) in the very near future. Oh and have a set of Mud Flaps to go on this weekend if the weather holds off.

Anyway here are a couple of pictures from when we got it home

http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/z...psykhnu0kw.jpg
http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/z...psjg50fnm2.jpg
http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/z...psxxntsyie.jpg

Banstead Stig 08-03-2017 12:35 PM

Very nice too. :ok:

Matt23 08-03-2017 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Banstead Stig (Post 234905)
Very nice too. :ok:

Thanks Garath. Are you going to make it to the Fair Mile this weekend ?

Banstead Stig 08-03-2017 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt23 (Post 234907)
Thanks Garath. Are you going to make it to the Fair Mile this weekend ?

I really want to, but the weekend schedule doesn't look favourable. Stiglet Mk I has a friend's birthday party to attend at exactly the time of the meet.

Best I can hope for is that Mrs Stig takes him and I can pop along for a bit, most likely with Stiglet Mk II with me!

Matt23 08-03-2017 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Banstead Stig (Post 234908)
I really want to, but the weekend schedule doesn't look favourable. Stiglet Mk I has a friend's birthday party to attend at exactly the time of the meet.

Best I can hope for is that Mrs Stig takes him and I can pop along for a bit, most likely with Stiglet Mk II with me!

Fingers crossed it works out for you in your favour with the kids then mate. We're only going to go if the weathers good anyway, so maybe see you there.

Lucky 08-03-2017 02:20 PM

GGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not one bit jealous lol.

I've chased Dinnages on mine today, but I don't think its even built yet. Looks Awesome matt. :ok:

The blue in those pictures looks amazing. Such a hard decision between blue and grey.

Matt23 08-03-2017 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky (Post 234910)
GGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not one bit jealous lol.

I've chased Dinnages on mine today, but I don't think its even built yet. Looks Awesome matt. :ok:

The blue in those pictures looks amazing. Such a hard decision between blue and grey.

Keep your chin up Steve, it'll be here soon mate. It's 1 of the issues with these cars i e the waiting times and lack of communication from Ford, so I'm told.
We were very lucky finding this car and only having to wait 6 weeks for it.

The colour really does pop in the sun and you can really see the flecks in the blue, the camera doesn't do it justice really.

It was a very close decision between the blue or magnetic grey like yours. They had a grey 1 in the showroom when we went to place the order and my dad almost brought the grey 1 on display. It looked amazing. The only reason he didn't get it was, he struggles to keep dark colour cars clean, but you won't have that problem as Im pretty sure your a dab hand at detailing :polish: and it will look awesome all the time.

Seanedg 08-03-2017 05:02 PM

Wow, love it, I've got one on my wish list.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

SamSTI 08-03-2017 05:56 PM

Very nice! :doubleup::doubleup:

bigemp 08-03-2017 06:08 PM

Looks awesome Matt,hope you let your poor old dad have his keys so he can have a drive sometimes as well lol

Ginola 08-03-2017 07:08 PM

Nice!

Matt23 08-03-2017 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigemp (Post 234916)
Looks awesome Matt,hope you let your poor old dad have his keys so he can have a drive sometimes as well lol

Only if he's good :lol: I'm babysitting it at the moment, it's sitting in my garage until the tracker and parking permit get sorted next Monday.

Scott.T 08-03-2017 07:22 PM

Nice but no Recaro buckets !!!!!!

Lucky 08-03-2017 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott.T (Post 234921)

Ive done the same. Having been in both, the recaro buckets are nice but have hardly any adjustment, only back and forward, and they are set quite high. Personally i preferred it with the standard recaro, which are also heated as im getting old!!!

Scott.T 08-03-2017 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky (Post 234924)
Ive done the same. Having been in both, the recaro buckets are nice but have hardly any adjustment, only back and forward, and they are set quite high. Personally i preferred it with the standard recaro, which are also heated as im getting old!!!

Give us a shout when you pick her up Steve.
Would love to shoot over for a gander. Would give the Scoob a nice run out too.

Matt23 08-03-2017 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott.T (Post 234921)

No mate. My dad found them a bit uncomfortable due to him having a bad back and wouldn't of been great for him on a long journey. Standard seat also go lower which is a plus.

Scott.T 08-03-2017 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt23 (Post 234929)
No mate. My dad found them a bit uncomfortable due to him having a bad back and wouldn't of been great for him on a long journey. Standard seat also go lower which is a plus.

Low is good.
As much as I love the Recaro CS I found them a touch high, so interesting to hear the standard Recaro go lower.
I think after a while the rubbing on the side bolster getting in and out of the CS, would wear a groove in your back and the fabric.

Lucky 08-03-2017 09:46 PM

:shark:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott.T (Post 234928)
Give us a shout when you pick her up Steve.
Would love to shoot over for a gander. Would give the Scoob a nice run out too.

Definitely mate :doubleup:

Matt23 09-03-2017 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott.T (Post 234932)
Low is good.
As much as I love the Recaro CS I found them a touch high, so interesting to hear the standard Recaro go lower.
I think after a while the rubbing on the side bolster getting in and out of the CS, would wear a groove in your back and the fabric.

Yeah I do get the impression the CS seats won't age well and could ware quite easy if your using the car everyday.

nikkinokkinoo 09-03-2017 09:23 AM

Very very nice.

scooby doo 09-03-2017 10:47 AM

Very smart indeed ,
Interesting to hear the recaro's being uncomfortable too in the Ford as I have same issue with mine being like that too, no lumber adjustment etc ,

Matt23 09-03-2017 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scooby doo (Post 234944)
Very smart indeed ,
Interesting to hear the recaro's being uncomfortable too in the Ford as I have same issue with mine being like that too, no lumber adjustment etc ,

I don't think they would be to bad if it was just a weekend car, but for everyday use they won't suit everyone.

munk 10-03-2017 07:34 AM

really nice car that, and best color for one aswell!:doubleup:

Matt23 11-03-2017 09:05 PM

Small update on the car today. Managed to get the mud flaps fitted and put the gel RS inlays on the rear spoiler.

http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/z...pskf3i4kcs.jpg

http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/z...psh0kkdvhb.jpg

http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/z...pspqbncwwa.jpg

Lucky 11-03-2017 10:33 PM

Liking that alot. Where did the flaps come from matt? I guess the inlays are from the mk3 forum? Two things i will defo be doing. Another will be a front splitter. :ok:

Matt23 11-03-2017 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky (Post 235015)
Liking that alot. Where did the flaps come from matt? I guess the inlays are from the mk3 forum? Two things i will defo be doing. Another will be a front splitter. :ok:

Yes I got the inlays from DMB though Mk3FocusrsClub and the flaps are from Performance Creations (RallyFlapZ). I think a front splitter will be going on at some point, been thinking maybe this 1

https://mk3focusrs.club/upgrades/max...t-splitter-v4/

Which 1 have you been looking at ?

scooby doo 12-03-2017 10:27 AM

I like the inlays

Banstead Stig 12-03-2017 11:55 AM

Looks great.

I'm not going to make it this afternoon, Matt. Given it's just started peeing it down, I guess you may not either!

Matt23 12-03-2017 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Banstead Stig (Post 235038)
Looks great.

I'm not going to make it this afternoon, Matt. Given it's just started peeing it down, I guess you may not either!

You guess right Gareth, weather is pants herd too. Fingers crossed it's better next month and I'll be there.

Lucky 12-03-2017 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt23 (Post 235016)
Yes I got the inlays from DMB though Mk3FocusrsClub and the flaps are from Performance Creations (RallyFlapZ). I think a front splitter will be going on at some point, been thinking maybe this 1

https://mk3focusrs.club/upgrades/max...t-splitter-v4/

Which 1 have you been looking at ?

Yup, that exact splitter. You have great taste lol.

Matt23 12-03-2017 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky (Post 235047)
Yup, that exact splitter. You have great taste lol.

Great minds think alike hay :doubleup:

tbtstt 13-03-2017 10:04 AM

Very nice! Funnily enough you came up in conversation at the Fairmile yesterday Matt, as we wondered what was replacing the Subaru!

Rdlangy1 13-03-2017 10:41 AM

Yep - very smart indeed :10:

Matt23 13-03-2017 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbtstt (Post 235061)
Very nice! Funnily enough you came up in conversation at the Fairmile yesterday Matt, as we wondered what was replacing the Subaru!

Oh really. That explains why my ears were burning lol
I did want to bring it yesterday, but weather was pants Steve and so I'm hoping to come along next month with it.

tbtstt 13-03-2017 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt23 (Post 235068)
Oh really. That explains why my ears were burning lol
I did want to bring it yesterday, but weather was pants Steve and so I'm hoping to come along next month with it.

Haha! Yeah, it wasn't great. I spent the morning cleaning the car, went inside to change and it was pissing down by the time I set off for the Fairmile: typical! :lol:

Matt23 13-03-2017 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbtstt (Post 235072)
Haha! Yeah, it wasn't great. I spent the morning cleaning the car, went inside to change and it was pissing down by the time I set off for the Fairmile: typical! :lol:

That's usually what's happens when in clean mine :-( my neighbours have started calling me the rain man :|