South East Scoobies

South East Scoobies (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/index.php)
-   Other Events (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Southern jap club and SES tunnel run (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/showthread.php?t=5897)

666subaru 17-09-2010 02:17 AM

Southern jap club and SES tunnel run

Just an idea guys but how about a combined tunnel run to raise money for Chestnut tree house hospice, idea is we get some stickers made up and some of the cost goes to Chestnut tree house hospice.

Thinking about November on a sunday morning as we usually do.

Plan is we meet at PP and then meeting point off the A20 as we do for Brands hatch then head through london via a set route taking in about 6 tunnels and the sights of london and then onto the Ace cafe for breakfast.

Hopefully the fantastic london sat-nav (crowman) will be coming so we dont get lost;-)

I will get hold of Ace Cafe and see what they can do for us so we can get parked up outside and get a date organised ASAP.

Let me know what you think.

Baz and Shaz:smile:

Steve_PPP 17-09-2010 08:16 AM

missed SES's tunnel run last year as it was the same weekend as Rally GB (which is 13/14th Nov this year ;))

one the year before that was a good laugh though :ok:

BIG"E" 17-09-2010 08:34 AM

I spoke to Crowman about this a couple of weeks ago.

From a personal point of view,

the tunnel runs SES have done in the past have been good fun.

If you start to increase the numbers of participants it will just spoil it,
people will end up getting lost and those that have not got lost have to spend time waiting around for others to catch up.

The numbers weve had previously have been spot on.

worzel 17-09-2010 08:55 AM

I think it's a great idea Baz :ok:

But, Ian is correct in what he says, if you are after the same kind of scenario as the past ones. I would like to go on this one (yes, me on a tunnel run :shock: ) It's where we limit the numbers?

We either go for say 6 or 7 from each club max, or go for a free for all and have set stops and groups?

In principal though Baz, I like it :ok:

Anger 17-09-2010 10:03 AM

make sure its not the same weekend as the Esc tunnel run like the other year

just make a map and if people get lost its there fault..... simples ;)

worzel 17-09-2010 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anger (Post 61845)
just make a map and if people get lost its there fault..... simples ;)

Exactly, if everyone knows where we ar going and in what order we are stopping etc, pretty straight forward if we get broken up :ok:

666subaru 17-09-2010 03:23 PM

Ok guys, been digesting all you said so how about the Sunday 28th November, this does not clash with Steve's outing to Wales and ESC tunnel run as they are both on the same weekend?

I agree Ian with you about numbers as we all know what problems it causes, so lets say 6 cars from either club, 1st come first served.

I have e-mailed the MD of Ace Cafe, but they are fully booked for all sundays from now up to christmas, but will see what they can do.

All we need to know is Mr (london sat nav) Crowman is available that date:wink:

Many thanks guys.:five:

Baz and Shaz.

Brad Wrx 17-09-2010 03:42 PM

is it really worth doing with only 12 cars, its all about noise on a TR, and part of the fun is getting lost, surely 12 cars aint gonna raise much for the charity,

worzel 17-09-2010 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brad Wrx (Post 61878)
is it really worth doing with only 12 cars, its all about noise on a TR, and part of the fun is getting lost, surely 12 cars aint gonna raise much for the charity,

:agreed:

If it's for charity Baz, you want as many as possible.

As said earlier, as long as we all know where we are going to stop along the way and in what order, then no problems at all.

Even if you get broken up at lights, you'll all be heading to the same spots so a peice of cake :yeah:

666subaru 17-09-2010 05:38 PM

Im happy with whatever we decide after all its a combined tunnel run with the same goal and that is to raise a bit of money for the CTHH, 12 cars 112 cars more the merrier but some people will not like the lots of cars senario hence why I said 12 and we have a few ideas if only 12 come to raise more money so watch this space, so lets get as many cars as we can then and see what happens, thanks for the input guys and yes noise is the name of the game and maybe also we should look for an alternative to Ace Cafe if possible.:ok:

BIG"E" 17-09-2010 06:31 PM

What about Sunday 31st October.

The day the clocks change, it makes getting up at silly o'clock easier??

worzel 18-09-2010 09:06 AM

As another scenario, what about teams of 12 in a mass treasure hunt across London?:doubleup:

666subaru 18-09-2010 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by worzel (Post 61921)
As another scenario, what about teams of 12 in a mass treasure hunt across London?:doubleup:

Sounds like a plan, what does everyone think? and what do people think about the 31st october?

666subaru 19-09-2010 01:01 PM

Come on people its for charity and could be a great day out if people are interested in helping us raise money for the hospice, let me have your input and ideas please.

Many thanks

Baz and Shaz:ok:

666subaru 21-09-2010 04:56 PM

Going to just stick to a tunnel run and not do anything for charity for this as it will take too much sorting out and we have little time to work things out.

Lets just do what we did last year if anyones interested that is?:wink:

Cheers:five:

Frenchie 21-09-2010 08:48 PM

Hi,finally back from France.I agree with Big E,the SES tunnel run last year was great.Went on the ESC run the year before and nice people,but to many cars.Even with maps and sat nav impossible to stay together.So my vote is for lets do what we did last year.Thanks Baz for bringing this up.

Crowman 22-09-2010 01:08 AM

Im good for which ever :yeah:

666subaru 22-09-2010 02:03 AM

Everyone happy with the 31st October, if so its a go.

Steve_PPP 22-09-2010 08:21 AM

31st would work for me, doesn't clash with anything i can think of :ok:

Crowman 22-09-2010 10:25 AM

Guys and Girls
There have been a number of suggestions within this thread all of which are good ones.

I have made the decision to lock this thread and will start two new threads,as we are talking about two diferent events.

1.Tunell run with sight seeing tour and photo shoot - Limited numbers

2.Tunell run with posible combined treasure hunt,fund raising for Chestnut tree house hospice - as many people as possible. This will take longer to organise.