South East Scoobies

South East Scoobies (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/index.php)
-   Site Problems / Suggestions or Questions (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   quoting part of a thread (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/showthread.php?t=7136)

scooby999 14-02-2011 11:06 AM

quoting part of a thread

Could someone please tell me how to quote part of previous comment.I know what the green arrow does and the quote button but not sure how to use the other 2 thanks Jason

Guy B 14-02-2011 11:09 AM

Just highlight and delete the words you want to remove mate. As long as the quote still starts and ends with [QUOTE you will be ok :ok:

worzel 14-02-2011 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scooby999 (Post 74973)
Could someone please tell me how to quote part of previous comment.I know what the green arrow does and the quote button but not sure how to use the other 2 thanks Jason

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guy B (Post 74975)
Just highlight and delete the words you want to remove mate. As long as the quote still starts and ends with [QUOTE you will be ok :ok:

On this occasion, to start with I hit the button to the right of the quote button (if you roll over it, it will say multi quote) which is then highlighted orange. I then went to Guy B's quote and hit the "quote" button.

That then brings both quotes (posts) up in the reply box.

If you then want to edit / remove some wording, just highlight and delete. Making sure you leave the [/QUOTE] at the beginning and end of each quote unbroken.

Hope that helps?

scooby999 14-02-2011 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guy B (Post 74975)

Quote:

Originally Posted by worzel (Post 74976)
On this occasion, to start with I hit the button to the right of the quote button (if you roll over it, it will say multi quote) which is then highlighted orange. I then went to Guy B's quote and hit the "quote" button.

That then brings both quotes (posts) up in the reply box.

If you then want to edit / remove some wording, just highlight and delete. Making sure you leave the

at the beginning and end of each quote unbroken.

Hope that helps?[/QUOTE]
ok thanks .........ha and when i left school they said i would never amount to anything,and now look at me multi quoting ..............right must go now as my crayons need sharping and theres colouring to be done :ok:

scooby999 14-02-2011 11:43 AM

oops still need to practice:doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

Steve_PPP 14-02-2011 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scooby999 (Post 74979)
oops still need to practice:doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

Nope, i think you got your reply right.

It was because Worzel had used the [ /quote ] in his reply - so it cut short your quote when quoting him!

Confused?! :lol:

admin 14-02-2011 12:24 PM

:ok: Looks like you've sorted it Mr Worzel:thanx:

Scooby999, its surprising what you pick up after leaving school:shock: and most of it from sources you would'nt believe:cuckoo: