South East Scoobies

South East Scoobies (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/index.php)
-   General Car / Scooby Chat (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Audio (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/showthread.php?t=23421)

Checkers 02-12-2018 05:50 PM

Audio

Hey audiophiles if you're out there!
Just wandering if anyone else on here is also a bit of a bass lover?
I've always done something with my cars sound system.
Just wandering if anyone else here has done an install on their scoob and whether you have any pics.
I'm part way through mine at the moment but was thinking of doing a thread somewhere showing the work that's gone into it.
Just not sure it'd interest anyone 😂
Seeing as I couldn't find any relative threads

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

georgehawkins27 03-12-2018 01:00 PM

I'd be curious to see, please do post! 😁😁

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Neil97rs 03-12-2018 02:34 PM

I used to like a nice stereo build . But always paid someone to do mine
Cannot hear the stereo in mine now

SpecB 03-12-2018 03:08 PM

Granny is your man for installs but his in in a UTE now!

My old Bugeye had a reasonable install in it for a while not sure if there’s any pictures about but I did some when I moved the system over to the Forester now it’s only the Legacy bits that’s really only a heady it install but that was a proper pita with the sourcing of new panels and A/C controls along with an interface for the steering wheel remote but worth every scraped knuckle!
I’ll be going for a set of front components and rear coaxials running add an external amp at some point and would love a sub again but don’t want a box on the boot as I often have quiet a bit in the boot.

Checkers 03-12-2018 05:11 PM

Ah a little interest then. Ok cool I'll start putting something together.
I did phase 1 last year. Just bought the next few components to finish it over the Christmas break hopefully.
May well start the thread then too.

Steve_PPP 03-12-2018 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpecB (Post 247223)
Granny

Harsh! :lol:

Anger 03-12-2018 06:46 PM

Imprezas need a lot of sound deadening to ever sound good, or they just rattle there tits off

Checkers 03-12-2018 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anger (Post 247226)
Imprezas need a lot of sound deadening to ever sound good, or they just rattle there tits off

Did the front doors in phase 1 and they sound great.
Not doing the boot as would be visible but you'll only hear those rattles outside.
Don't care what it sounds like to people on the pavement 😂

Checkers 03-12-2018 07:31 PM

Not going crazy anyway as the post might suggest.

SpecB 04-12-2018 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_PPP (Post 247225)
Harsh! :lol:

I'm ill and it's autocorrect! Darn iPhones!

Rdlangy1 04-12-2018 09:44 AM

I did a speaker and head unit upgrade but pointless as can’t hear it over the induction and exhaust now...

Sound deadening was terrible idea as weighs loads and does nothing for me now hahaha..

Agreed that Granby (Ian) is your man for quality sound installs - check out his Holden thread :ok:

SpecB 04-12-2018 09:55 AM

Quick link to the door speaker install on the forester - same method for the Impreza only point left out was the off cuts of sound deadening I put on the outer skin to dampen vibration.

http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/v...5&postcount=21

Steve_PPP 04-12-2018 01:06 PM

I can't help, I took the head unit and speakers out of the car to save weight ;)

Anger 04-12-2018 04:11 PM

I like my sounds but just couldn’t do it to the Spec C

SpecB 06-12-2018 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anger (Post 247242)
I like my sounds but just couldn’t do it to the Spec C

That would kind of defeat the point to be fair!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ginola 10-12-2018 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_PPP (Post 247240)
I can't help, I took the head unit and speakers out of the car to save weight ;)

#becauseracecar :angst: you can still take a phone call on mine!!... cant hear anything though :lol: i even have aftermarket front speakers and an amp!