South East Scoobies

South East Scoobies (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/index.php)
-   Wheels,Tyres & Brakes (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Brakes... (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/showthread.php?t=9516)

Pricey 02-10-2012 11:29 PM

Brakes...

After my recent track day I realised how rubbish my brakes are so my question is if I change the hoses for braided ones and put some 5.1 fluid in is there a specific order in which I will need to bleed the brakes I.e fronts first or vice versa?!

Any tips will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

:thanx:

Hongkongfooi 03-10-2012 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pricey (Post 98601)
After my recent track day I realised how rubbish my brakes are so my question is if I change the hoses for braided ones and put some 5.1 fluid in is there a specific order in which I will need to bleed the brakes I.e fronts first or vice versa?!

Any tips will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

:thanx:

thats a start......what car and brakes at the moment?

Pricey 03-10-2012 01:48 AM

Bugeye wrx standard 4pot fronts and 2 pot rears I'm unsure of the disc and pad makes s they were new on the car when i bought it?!

C. J. 03-10-2012 06:42 AM

Bleed rear near side, rear off side , front near side and finally off side front .

Steve_PPP 03-10-2012 08:25 AM

Are you planning on doing more track days?

Standard discs/pads on the bugeye wrx really don't cut the mustard unfortunately. I tried several types of pads on godspeed discs and could never get it work well enough for more than a handful of laps, always ended up melting the pads due to heat build-up.

asperformance 03-10-2012 09:03 AM

Pagid rs15 or PFC 07............

Pricey 03-10-2012 01:35 PM

Thanks CJ

Steve I was p,anning on doing some more track days in the future. So would you suggest getting different brakes altogether?!

Steve_PPP 03-10-2012 02:40 PM

Completely up to you. All i can say is that i spent money trying to get my 4 pots to work well on track, and wished i'd just stumped up for a proper brake kit in the first place.

Ended up with a 356mm 8pot ksport kit, the difference is massive.

Pricey 03-10-2012 07:58 PM

Ok so going from what you said I will be better off gettin some bigger and better brakes. I had a quick look online, found some 6pot D2 for £900 how much did you pay for yours if you don't mind me asking

Thanks

asperformance 03-10-2012 08:14 PM

can sort most options from pads to disc and brake kits.................

we have recently started supplying Ksport also (same basic kits as D2) so can help out on pricing usually........

Pricey 03-10-2012 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asperformance (Post 98644)
can sort most options from pads to disc and brake kits.................

we have recently started supplying Ksport also (same basic kits as D2) so can help out on pricing usually........

Thank you I'll be in touch shortly then!

Steve_PPP 03-10-2012 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pricey (Post 98643)
Ok so going from what you said I will be better off gettin some bigger and better brakes. I had a quick look online, found some 6pot D2 for £900 how much did you pay for yours if you don't mind me asking

Thanks

I paid £899 for the 356mm kit, including bluestuff NDX pads, but that was in a scoobynet group buy last year. I know the prices went up about £100 per kit at the start of 2012.

Also, whilst ksport the calipers/discs are good, their pads are well known to be rubbish - so some retailers swap them out for something better.

Pricey 03-10-2012 11:57 PM

Thanks for the advice mate ill have to start saving for some then try and find the best price for a set with decent pads etc!

BIG"E" 04-10-2012 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pricey (Post 98669)
Thanks for the advice mate ill have to start saving for some then try and find the best price for a set with decent pads etc!

You wont do wrong by contacting Alyn at AS Performance.

Good prices and excellent service.:nod:

Pricey 05-10-2012 11:28 PM

Ok will contact AS performance! Just another quick question are the brembo brakes a worthy upgrade or would I be better going for d2/ksports?!

Thank you

Steve_PPP 06-10-2012 12:29 AM

Depends on the price/condition of the 2nd hand brembos you find tbh. If you buy a set and they happen to be a bit old, need a refurb and come with old discs/pads, its surely a false economy by the time you've sorted them out. Even once sorted, they're not as good as the bigger ksport kits imo.

You say you've got a bugeye wrx, is it still on the standard alloys? If so, neither brembos or ksports will fit (unless anyone knows otherwise on the 330mm ksports?).

SpecB 06-10-2012 07:44 AM

For std alloys on a WRX you can fit 330mm APs
http://i356.photobucket.com/albums/o...lueBugEye9.jpg

Pricey 07-10-2012 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_PPP (Post 98814)
Depends on the price/condition of the 2nd hand brembos you find tbh. If you buy a set and they happen to be a bit old, need a refurb and come with old discs/pads, its surely a false economy by the time you've sorted them out. Even once sorted, they're not as good as the bigger ksport kits imo.

You say you've got a bugeye wrx, is it still on the standard alloys? If so, neither brembos or ksports will fit (unless anyone knows otherwise on the 330mm ksports?).

Ok thanks I have got a wrx yes and it's on standard wheels so guess ksports are out of the question without changing the wheels at the same time?! Will have a look around see what I can find. Maybe look into the ap's as bluebugeye suggested?!

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueBugEye (Post 98820)
For std alloys on a WRX you can fit 330mm APs
http://i356.photobucket.com/albums/o...lueBugEye9.jpg

Thanks for the info mate were/are the good brakes how did u fond them on track, that's assuming you went on track with them?!

Thanks