South East Scoobies

South East Scoobies (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/index.php)
-   Other Events (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Brand's Hatch August 12th (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/showthread.php?t=18597)

drakesnow 20-07-2014 10:22 PM

Brand's Hatch August 12th

Hi all,

Doing a track day August 12th with a few others and figured I would see if anyone else fancies comming :) Will be going with a few Subarus : D .

It is being run by Opentrack, and the cost is 109 pound for the evening. Open pit.

Should be a nice time , feel free to get involved or come down for a catchup!

Was thinking about the possibility of doing the Opentrack Brand's Hatch evenings on August 21 or September 15 as well.

Just putting the infos out there!

The Handbrake 21-07-2014 01:36 AM

Ahh Dave at open track is good, you get plenty of doughnuts too ( not of the car spinning type)

555_Si 21-07-2014 07:54 AM

I might consider on of the later track day, 12th a bit too soon for me as going to be getting a couple of bits sorted on Scoob beforehand, might pop up and watch and have a play with my new camera.

Red Baron 21-07-2014 08:14 AM

Will be sunning myself by a pool with a beer so not this time, may come up for one of the later ones.

drakesnow 21-07-2014 10:15 PM

Wanda, I can do without either. Nothing could replace your contributions. PS I have an update on my mandatory summoning of you and Dave.

Si - deffo can do, I am keen on either of those other dates

Shane sounds good we'll see what we can cook up : )

drakesnow 11-08-2014 02:44 AM

Anyone coming by for this Tues eve?

I am also thinking on Sept 15 date with opentrack too .

BIG"E" 11-08-2014 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drakesnow (Post 194399)
Anyone coming by for this Tues eve?

I am also thinking on Sept 15 date with opentrack too .

Unfortunately I can not make either ..:sadnod:

Bolesroor 11-08-2014 03:00 PM

Cant make Tuesday but I should be there on Thursday 14th, brother-in-law is there in his RV8 on the full circuit, hoping to catch a ride :doubleup:

Hopefully will post up some pictures later on if a make it there.

drakesnow 12-08-2014 01:37 PM

Full circuit sounds amazing, definitely try and get some vid too ; )

Will post later hopefully with some vid etc too : D

Bytes 12-08-2014 07:44 PM

I popped along tonight and had the car noise tested at 98db. Saw a couple of scoobs, but didn't recognise anyone :-|

Hrimfaxi 12-08-2014 08:49 PM

Was going to pop along with the camera tonight, next time!

drakesnow 13-08-2014 01:16 AM

: D I was in Stuarts baby blue 1996 jdm wrx. We were both out a ton tonight so not much hanging out in the pits. Two of our friends were in a 1998 STI RA, black with a WRC style spoiler on it similar to dave's perrin one.

Absolutely lovely evening for it, they were fully booked but it did not feel overcrowded -it went pretty smoothly and we lapped a lot. Even got to be overtaken by Damien Bradley's Time Attack Legacy which came out at the end for a few laps lol.

Hoping to do Opentrack again Sept 15 if anyone is up for it. Watch out on their website for pictures. Was gutted as they wouldn't let me use my industrial strength camera mount on the windscreen for video etc : / Rediculous in my opinion as I have used cable ties and two scrap pieces of wood to mount on my headrest before there lol!

Ginola 13-08-2014 10:47 AM

Glad you had a good one, look forward to seeing the pics! They are funny about camera suction mounts at Brands, I got quite upset myself last time about this.. next visit to Brands will invest in some strange head rest mount that's far more unstable I guess :S