South East Scoobies

South East Scoobies (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/index.php)
-   General Mechanics (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   1st impression on a td04 (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/showthread.php?t=19531)

scooby doo 05-01-2015 03:05 PM

1st impression on a td04

I must say Being 1st uk wrx I've driven I'm impressed how the td04 pulls, my bug only has PPP kit and Duncan remap, she pull so low down, can feel it tailing off at high rpm,
Any idea what sort of boost I'd be running, been meaning to find out, also if I run a 2nd decat will I need to have a map tweek?

Steve_PPP 05-01-2015 03:59 PM

One of the reasons I've stuck with mine (plus I don't want to stress the old girl too much on track ;)) - not a lot of puff at the top end but spools well.

If it was a PPP car, it shouldn't have a 2nd cat anyway?? (assuming you mean the cat in the mid-pipe, after the downpipe)

scooby doo 05-01-2015 04:07 PM

Mine has just rear silencer, rest all stock, PPP recipet has just silencer ,
Just found only mods are sti up pipe and map

RobEvo5 05-01-2015 05:20 PM

A Td04 with PPP on a classic or newage has always been my favourite combination for a nice useable and reliable scoob for most scenarios. Subaru didn't invest Million's in R&D for nothing ;)

From memory If its a PPP you should be peaking about 1.2bar boost tailing off to about 0.9 bar at the top.

If you like the spool of a TD04 you would love the power delivery and spool of a twin turbo Audi S4/RS4 or BMW 335I.

Steve_PPP 05-01-2015 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scooby doo (Post 201940)
Mine has just rear silencer, rest all stock, PPP recipet has just silencer ,
Just found only mods are sti up pipe and map

Worth checking under the car, the PPP on a WRX included the second decat as part of the install as standard - I wouldn't necessarily trust the receipt. :)

Be aware that the midpipe will still look like a cat from the outside as they left the standard heatshields on and just ran a straight through pipe.

Red Baron 05-01-2015 06:49 PM

My TD04 and PPP map in a classic was great through Ashdown Forest today for quick blasts past 2 or 3 cars at a time, may well be an expensive week of commuting but it's going yo be a fun week.

scooby doo 05-01-2015 08:49 PM

It seems to have more of a punch than the hawk and hatch sti, not saying quicker at all just more of a kick, but is on a race dynmix map so more boost than stock ppp

Scott.T 05-01-2015 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scooby doo (Post 201958)
It seems to have more of a punch than the hawk and hatch sti, not saying quicker at all just more of a kick, but is on a race dynmix map so more boost than stock ppp

Would only be a touch more boost as the TD04 can't take much more.
The Hawk and Hatch are 2.5 so you will loose some kick/punch. The power delivery would be smoother.

The boost control on these DBW cars is a lot more linear too. This is done as a way of trying to make them feel less laggy and more like a normally aspirated car. Which us enthusiasts don't like.

scooby doo 05-01-2015 10:30 PM

When I had the sti it sat at nice 340hp stock blower and tmic. Etc, I went to buy a hatch sti with pro r kit makeing it 330hp, I was disappointed, and I'm a massive hatch fan, my sti felt like it would pull the socks of it, then test drove the hawk and realised how much I felt the 2ltr was more of a hoot to drive, again not quicker as such but more grim factor with the power delevery , ideally I'd love a jdm hatch but prices still high for them,
Did pop over to jpp to look at the widetrack spec c he has over the chrimbo period, looks lovley,

Rliamharpurb 17-03-2015 09:47 AM

I had one on a glanza v with standalone running 230 odd break wicked turbos lots of low down pull and a nice spool time