South East Scoobies

South East Scoobies (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/index.php)
-   General Car / Scooby Chat (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Brakes (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/showthread.php?t=23893)

Trickshooter 02-07-2020 11:10 PM

Brakes

Can anyone recommend and link me some good brake pads and discs suggestions, I currently have (fairly worn) grooved discs all round and recently fitted new Brembo front pads but I’m still getting pretty bad brake fade when sitting on the pedal for 3 or 4 seconds with relative force from 60/70mph..

scotty 02-07-2020 11:18 PM

Phone Alyn at Asperformance he will be able to discuss with you on a few choices of discs and pads .

Steve_PPP 03-07-2020 07:40 AM

What calipers and model of scoob? If newage WRX on standard 4pots, there's a limit to what you will achieve if abusing the brakes or tracking the car.

BIG"E" 03-07-2020 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trickshooter (Post 252683)
Can anyone recommend and link me some good brake pads and discs suggestions, I currently have (fairly worn) grooved discs all round and recently fitted new Brembo front pads but I’m still getting pretty bad brake fade when sitting on the pedal for 3 or 4 seconds with relative force from 60/70mph..

Brake fade whilst on the pedal is most likely to be a fluid problem.

As has been said Alyn at AS Performance a call for all your brake needs.

01914 103770.

Ginola 03-07-2020 10:15 AM

Keeping your standard brembo brakes, I'd recommend some performance friction 2 piece discs and bells with some decent pads pfc z11 or better, these will be night and day improvement over the standard brakes and is almost as good as a caliper/disc size ugprade, worth it for the road and or track and transforms the car.

These are NOT cheap but brakes is one area where you really do get what you pay for. Fit the above and bleed it out with a quality high boiling point .4 fluid like motul 660 or pfc 665 (fit some braided lines too if you dont have them already ;) )

Alyn as mentioned above can source this for you.

SpecB 03-07-2020 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ginola (Post 252687)
Keeping your standard brembo brakes, I'd recommend some performance friction 2 piece discs and bells with some decent pads pfc z11 or better, these will be night and day improvement over the standard brakes and is almost as good as a caliper/disc size ugprade, worth it for the road and or track and transforms the car.

These are NOT cheap but brakes is one area where you really do get what you pay for. Fit the above and bleed it out with a quality high boiling point .4 fluid like motul 660 or pfc 665 (fit some braided lines too if you dont have them already ;) )

Alyn as mentioned above can source this for you.

Don’t forget the master cylinder stopper if you’re going that far!

Trickshooter 18-07-2020 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scotty (Post 252684)
Phone Alyn at Asperformance he will be able to discuss with you on a few choices of discs and pads .

Does he supply them then?

scotty 18-07-2020 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trickshooter (Post 252740)
Does he supply them then?

Yes